Showdown or Shutdown?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the same reason you Port supporters mock us when we say West Coast were favourites before last year's Prelim Final.

This is one of the stupider things I've ever read on Bigfooty.

I'll leave you to decide that.

I have no doubt we should be favourites ..... we are playing better. But that isn't what I am arguing ... in fact I dont know that I am arguing anything.

Would you have said we were favourites 2 weeks ago ? All thats happened since is we have beaten the bottom two sides (well).

I'll leave you to decide that.

I have no doubt we should be favourites ..... we are playing better. But that isn't what I am arguing ... in fact I dont know that I am arguing anything.

Would you have said we were favourites 2 weeks ago ? All thats happened since is we have beaten the bottom two sides (well).
Are you conveniently forgetting the 91 point spanking of West Coast. :rolleyes:

Are you conveniently forgetting the 91 point spanking of West Coast. :rolleyes:

No, but we have beaten them pretty consistantly for some time now (with one exception in Perth). And remember who they had on the park.

I'm just concerned with getting ahead of ourselves 'until' we beat a side up and going .... and hence dont believe we are truely as far ahead of you (this year) as some like to think.

No, but we have beaten them pretty consistantly for some time now (with one exception in Perth). And remember who they had on the park.

I'm just concerned with getting ahead of ourselves 'until' we beat a side up and going .... and hence dont believe we are truely as far ahead of you (this year) as some like to think.
11 wins 6 losses, compared to 8 wins 9 losses, would suggest you are some way ahead of us.

Accept it , and embrace your favouritism.

11 wins 6 losses, compared to 8 wins 9 losses, would suggest you are some way ahead of us.

Accept it , and embrace your favouritism.

Favouritism accepted.

Now will you accept that Adelaide are not as bad as 8 and 9 suggests ?

Interesting.

Probably why footy is such a great game ..... things can change so quickly.
This year is a great example of this.

I mean who would have picked Geelong, Port, the Kangaroos, and before this week, Hawthorn at the start of the year, to be in the Top 4 after Rounds 16 & 17.

It seriously defies belief and logic.

Favouritism accepted.

I accept that.

Even given our constant injury list, we have had opportunities to win almost every game that we have lost - and in many of them have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

No-one can refute the commitment of the Adelaide team - it's been skill error after skill error that has tossed so many games a way.

Against Hawthorn we got that aspect right and smashed them. If we get it right again this week we can and will beat Port IMO by closing them down in a similar manner.

Conversely, if we make the amount of skill fk-ups that we have in some of our games Port will rip our arms and legs off.

I'm pretty sure I know which Port team will turn up. Which Adelaide one will?

I may be pissing money into the wind but I'm going to grab a slice of that $2-40 on offer for a Crows win. :thumbsu:

I accept that.

Even given our constant injury list, we have had opportunities to win almost every game that we have lost - and in many of them have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

No-one can refute the commitment of the Adelaide team - it's been skill error after skill error that has tossed so many games a way.

Against Hawthorn we got that aspect right and smashed them. If we get it right again this week we can and will beat Port IMO by closing them down in a similar manner.

Conversely, if we make the amount of skill fk-ups that we have in some of our games Port will rip our arms and legs off.

I'm pretty sure I know which Port team will turn up. Which Adelaide one will?

I may be pissing money into the wind but I'm going to grab a slice of that $2-40 on offer for a Crows win. :thumbsu:

The bolded bits are why even though Port should go in favourites, its no lay down misere.

A couple straight kicks in your last few games and your sitting 4th/5th.

Lets hope for a belter.

Simple really. :eek:Minimise the influence of the Cornes' and Burgoynes and you go along way to winning the battle. IMO the reason why Port seem to have the wood over West Coast is becuase the Coasters don't have enough defensively minded midfielders. And that's why Port have been beaten by defensively strong teams like Geelong, Sydney and the AFC. That being said, we don't have enough fit cattle at the moment to do the job.

If we allow the game to be open, we will get slaughtered. Our best chance is too close it down, and even then, alot would still have to go right for us to win the game.

Port to win, knock us out of the premierhsip race (not that we were ever in it), and ironically hand us Brad Ebert.

A full strength Adelaide side, with its first choice 22 back (which we havent gotten close to all year), with players not down in confidence or playing with injuries is probably still a top 3-4 side.

But we dont got that, and 8-9 is probably a good reflection of where we are at with this shite of a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our full side without all the shit we've had to put up with this year, is a top 3 side. No questions about it.

But we've had too many injuries to key players. Even a fair portion of our players out there are playing hurt.

It's been a shitter of a year, where everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.

We'll end up with 9-10 wins which is a fair reflection of where we've been at this year.

Simple really. :eek:Minimise the influence of the Cornes' and Burgoynes and you go along way to winning the battle. IMO the reason why Port seem to have the wood over West Coast is becuase the Coasters don't have enough defensively minded midfielders. And that's why Port have been beaten by defensively strong teams like Geelong, Sydney and the AFC. That being said, we don't have enough fit cattle at the moment to do the job.

If we allow the game to be open, we will get slaughtered. Our best chance is too close it down, and even then, alot would still have to go right for us to win the game.

Port to win, knock us out of the premierhsip race (not that we were ever in it), and ironically hand us Brad Ebert.

Sounds like a bit of a contradiction there Springy: now tell me, which of your defensively-minded midfielders (that west coast lack) are out injured?? I thought Bassett and Rutten were defenders, but I could be wrong.

WRT Brad, it might fascinate you to know that unless the crows get a top 5 pick, they won't lay their hands on him. Word in his neighbourhood is that he's more likely destined for Carlton/Richmond/Melbourne for the customary 2 years and lo and behold will team up with cousin Brett back at Alberton (that famous land of footy brotherhood) in 2010. Bookmark if interested.

Sounds like a bit of a contradiction there Springy: now tell me, which of your defensively-minded midfielders (that west coast lack) are out injured?? I thought Bassett and Rutten were defenders, but I could be wrong.
I agree with SC on this one, but it will change as our players get a bit of bulk and experience. Namely players like Boak, Sal and Thomson.
At the moment the other midfielders are our main ones and they are all attacking types, even Cassisi and Kane are not exactly what one could call defensive minded players, taggers yes, instinctively defensive no.

WRT Brad, it might fascinate you to know that unless the crows get a top 5 pick, they won't lay their hands on him. Word in his neighbourhood is that he's more likely destined for Carlton/Richmond/Melbourne for the customary 2 years and lo and behold will team up with cousin Brett back at Alberton (that famous land of footy brotherhood) in 2010. Bookmark if interested.

Now this story sounds very familiar :)

Word in my neighbourhood is he won't go before 5-7.

It's a bit early to say & stranger things have happened. eg. Sellar early in the piece was thought to go heaps higher, then slipped a bit with injury, then slipped even further in the draft compared to expectations. Unless you know what all the recruiting managers are thinking it is pure guesswork at this point in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Showdown or Shutdown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back