Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scarlet Thighs for the flag, do you know something we don’t? Or is this just a shot in the dark like the rest of us?

Just hate Horsham with a passion Fancy. Like nearly everyone else l'm excited about 2009 with quite a few teams picking up the batten to have a crack at them. Stawell were a bloody good side last year, don't think they'll be dropping of too much. Looking forward to seeing how the Saints go after probably over achieving a bit last year. They are training 3 nights a week, with plenty of numbers and enthusiasm, just need a couple of bigger bodies to really match it with the Demons and Stawell etc. Ararat and the Eagles will also be challenging.

Yeah, not sure mate. Wouldn't have a clue who Slenko is, but i just enjoy a bit of debate and discussion on our great game. A lot of the stuff written on here is just tongue in check and trying to get a bite from someone (e.g Slenko). Maybe wishful thinking but i think the Demons might come back to the pack a bit next year as the other clubs push to end the demon dynasty.

If a team is going to knock off the Evil Empire it might actually be the Zero Tigers or the Kookoo Burras. I saw both teams play a bit last year and with some more talent I reckon both could startle the WFL. The Tiger are a fit unit but they have lacked the body size and big talent to match it with the best. Having recruited two AFL players and one SANFL player they are on the road. I know three players don’t make a side but they generally get the best out of their player and I know for a fact blokes have been training heavily out there since 08 season finished.
The Kookoo Burras have picked up around 10 players none of which anyone around here has seen play. God knows but with a 203cm ruckman who was drafted to Brisbane, Chris Walsh, John Delahunty, Lachie Delahunty and Tom Delahunty they would at least be a show for a big berth in the finals

Don't forget the Wimmera League recruit of the year Dean Toet!!!;)

If a team is going to knock off the Evil Empire it might actually be the Zero Tigers or the Kookoo Burras. I saw both teams play a bit last year and with some more talent I reckon both could startle the WFL. The Tiger are a fit unit but they have lacked the body size and big talent to match it with the best. Having recruited two AFL players and one SANFL player they are on the road. I know three players don’t make a side but they generally get the best out of their player and I know for a fact blokes have been training heavily out there since 08 season finished.
The Kookoo Burras have picked up around 10 players none of which anyone around here has seen play. God knows but with a 203cm ruckman who was drafted to Brisbane, Chris Walsh, John Delahunty, Lachie Delahunty and Tom Delahunty they would at least be a show for a big berth in the finals
thats why we are all having a stab in the dark with this ladder for 09 to many unknown names coming to clubs which have struggled in the past few years and could shoot them to the top and possibly knock off the demons. The only way of knowing is waiting and watching next year unfold which ever way it goes.

Yeah mate, your right. It’s actually great going into the year where we don’t know the outcome for a change. Hopefully other people feel the same as you and will come and watch it all unfold.
Hopefully pulls the crowd hrough the gate to watch something oher then demons demons demons. I know everyone around here is getting sick of them winning and really don't care who knocks them off but we just want a team to put them back into the box and become alot less pigheaded and arrogant. Or we would like to see them fail miserably and miss finals completly for years to come like other sides have. again the But then agian the 2nd option may not happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing is, or will be confirmed until clearances go in around February.

:thumbsdown:Thats Bullshit, that means your saying all the articles we have been reading in my paper about players committing to clubs is not confirmed I dont think so mate every club would know of al least 70% of their departures right now! New contracts were brought in by the vcfl this Nov!!

:thumbsdown:Thats Bullshit, that means your saying all the articles we have been reading in my paper about players committing to clubs is not confirmed I dont think so mate every club would know of al least 70% of their departures right now! New contracts were brought in by the vcfl this Nov!!

Did the mailtimes run story of Adam Taylor signing with the Burras? Then the paper says he's staying at United. Then Scotty tells us he's training with the Saints? Just an example, but nothing is in concrete till after Janurary my grumpy friend.

Can anyone provide confirmed departures from each club ???

I can tell u that Jarrad Searle has signed up for the Rats $400 a game n Matt Jackson mite b back this year aswell. Some young boys down there could b thinking about leaving 2. Wait n c:eek:

Hey PP. Do you still maintain Horsham are not the biggest spending club in our region? We know that Carr, Farr Barnett and Bourke have all been offered massive sums by other clubs but have stayed with the Dee’s. I know the Horsham guys would say they stayed out of loyalty but how loyal is it to be trooping around the Wimmera seeing how much you can get? Even if those guys were getting half of what they have been offered else where and you added payments to Anson, Arnel and Batchelor you are looking at a massive amounts. It’s certainly true that some of the District League clubs are able to offer some huge coin at times but they tend to not spread there player payments concentrating on getting a couple of guns

I never said Horsham weren't the biggest spending club. Might have been your grumpy buddy mailtimes. Don't think everything is rosey over at the demons camp. The little Birchip recruiting drive must have caused a lot of angst thoughtout the club. Not alot of love lost between Stewie Farr and The Big Johnsa either. Batch running around again? How old is he now? But agree with your district league comment. Taylors Lake offered one potential recruit last month $28,000. Huge coin.

Any word on Solymon?
I know he made 117 not out in a grade yesty batting at number 8 saved our side.
Um on the footy side of it I think he is assistant coach with the under 14's at stawell and possibly playing ressies dont quote me on that as im not 100% sure

Dont forget chris dela, went to WA to play footy and apparently he kicked the first ever goal for the burras back in the day??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back