Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you think the Rats will go in the coming season Tex? Would people around the club be thinking they will finish in the top three?
Not having been to the club, or really spoken to many people, I couldn't really say to be honest. I would hope the boys don't go backwards, and the future looks bright with a young side, but couldn't tell you how the feel is around the club. Maybe one of the other Ararat boys would know better? Bumbles?

Not having been to the club, or really spoken to many people, I couldn't really say to be honest. I would hope the boys don't go backwards, and the future looks bright with a young side, but couldn't tell you how the feel is around the club. Maybe one of the other Ararat boys would know better? Bumbles?

Hard to say at this stage lads.. Don't really look to have lost anyone and have gained a couple, but still a few more to come in terms of recruiting I think...

However obviously other sides will have improved quite a bit, and the challenge for the Rats will be if they can continue to improve their young list.. I believe they were close to the third best side in it last year, however admittedly there were better sides in September!!
The positive thing about this is that all the promising young kids have a full season of senior footy under their belt, and that taste of finals experience means they will know what is required to be competitive in September..
I think if Fish Turner lines up it will be a big plus, because even if he is only playing half a game or whatever, he still commands attention with his ability to mark overhead and kick a bag... and this takes away one of the oppositions better defenders!!

Only time will tell, but I would expect the Rats to be pushing for a finals spot in 09!

Hey was just wondering if any one would be able to let me know how Joel Kelly goes as a footballer, i think he played with the horsham demons this year:thumbsu:

Hey was just wondering if any one would be able to let me know how Joel Kelly goes as a footballer, i think he played with the horsham demons this year:thumbsu:

played alot of rep footy with him an played against him good player and not a bad bloke

In and out of the one's at Horsham i think, but prob would have got a regular senior game anywhere else...

Good runner, pushes forward to kick goals and finds enough of the footy... And like getitindia said - good bloke!! Can take an egg yolk the boy!!

In and out of the one's at Horsham i think, but prob would have got a regular senior game anywhere else...

Good runner, pushes forward to kick goals and finds enough of the footy... And like getitindia said - good bloke!! Can take an egg yolk the boy!!
Sounds like he goes all right then, would be a good player in a lower standard league, Thanks for your info :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsdown:Thats Bullshit, that means your saying all the articles we have been reading in my paper about players committing to clubs is not confirmed I dont think so mate every club would know of al least 70% of their departures right now! New contracts were brought in by the vcfl this Nov!!

Anyone got the draw, just after the first 3 rounds ?

so you don't read YOUR paper.....? was in there about 2 weeks back

Dimboola Coach Gary Davidson has confirmed Boof Ross will be joining his dimmy teamates Matt Everitt and Shannon Baker at Pimpinio next year after turning down big $$ to play with Nhill. Another blow to Dimboola an sure to leave a big whole in their fwd line.

Dimboola in real trouble losing some quality players. Big Bakes was never going to play under Davidson again after being dropped for the grand final a few years back by him. A long year for the Roos awaits.

The Horsham Demons have been up to there old tricks again! Scott Batchelor throwing punches in the Royal Hotel on Saturday night. Making a 'right royal' fool of himself. Real mature for the little serial pest.

The Horsham Demons have been up to there old tricks again! Scott Batchelor throwing punches in the Royal Hotel on Saturday night. Making a 'right royal' fool of himself. Real mature for the little serial pest.
The Horsham Demons at it again hey pussy last time i looked at the calender it was december which i don`t think it was footy season. What scott Batchelor does is on him big call to say the Horsham demons at it again especially in december. i did hear last nite the evil empire have signed Jason Kerr from nor/quanny and Scott Heath from H/Bal and have lost Garret Liston to hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back