Silver? Teal and Black and white

Remove this Banner Ad

i like the idea of wearing the prison bars once a season maybe in our home showdown.
I tried...

TMSHf.jpg

No problem.

One more. Looks good at night
vpi9s9.jpg
I really like this but as an addition to our home and away strip to form a third version. An all white strip in my mind is too generic. Silver may not be our first choice but it is unique.

Great work! I love it.

Sign a ten year sponsorship deal with BHP, change our nickname to the Steelers, drop the teal and replace with an ochre orange that both signifies hot steel and ties in with our push into the Northern Territory/central corridor.

Sign a ten year sponsorship deal with BHP, change our nickname to the Steelers, drop the teal and replace with an ochre orange that both signifies hot steel and ties in with our push into the Northern Territory/central corridor.
I keep hearing about our NT push but every game we play there is an away game to Melbourne or Bulldogs.

Because the prison bars came to symbolise strength, ferocity, tradition and success. It is a unique symbol in international sport. The world of sport is full of stripes but no other team of any note in any sport anywhere had quite that design. So distinctive and recognisable, I was stopped in London in 1980 by people, presumably from interstate, who knew the jumper and Englishmen would ask me about it. Its like Sampson's hair and we all know it has inspired some ordinary footballers to do extraordinary things.

For many of us too, it brings back memories of our first ever game of footy at age 5 when Pappa took us to Alberton and we watched in awe as the giant warriors wore the prison bars onto the battlefield.

We can have all the "We are Port Adelaide" campaigns we like, but nothing shouts "Port Adelaide" like the visual image of the prison bars. The strength of the image has not dimmed in the last 15 years and is still loved by many and, just as importantly, hated by more.

Does that answer your question?
I thought "the prison bars"actually represented a "wharf"?

Being the 'Port Adelaide Football Club' with some sort of nickname that isn't used formally with the clubs name (ala Carlton) and scrapping the teal and replacing it with silver/grey is what I'd like to see personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screw getting rid of the teal!!! We need to make it more prominent. Freo have the Purple Haze lets have the... Teal Sea???
I'd rather we used Silver... the Silver Side???

I recall that the club had done market research on the colours and the 'new' teal was highly rated amongst the majority of our supporters. I can't see the club changing it. Besides, the teal used with majority black works very well and does give us a distinct colour scheme.

I'm not averse to using more silver, but the black white and teal is a good combo in the current guernsey.

If we change our name to the Steelers I'm out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Silver? Teal and Black and white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back