Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he catches this 'homesickness' after a few years of development. We could convince him to move back home in 2014... ;)

yep, although he does seem like too much of a pro to let that get to him, unfortunately.

anyhoo, sorry for derailing the thread. back to tunbridge.

GWS's player profile has simon tunbridge's ht. 192cm, wt. 92 kg. 18 yrs of age. KPP height and weight there. Probably still growing.

Changed my view now, would heaps prefer over Davis.

Given the circumstances he left GWS he would be a cert for the PSD. We target him, then Bower (has he re-signed?), then Neon.:D

If he nominates for the PSD it would be madness to overlook him and get Davis first. Both play in positions that we are in need of. Yet one is at the end of his career while the other is just beginning.

If we want Davis, we will have to get him in the ND, pick 90 will do it no problmes at all, If not, then 71.

If he wants to go to Freo, He'll nominate for the PSD, if he wants to go to WC, He'll nominate for the Draft.

No team would want to pick him up in the PSD other than a W.A team due to the reasons he left.

That video really gives you no idea about how well he plays. All I know from that is that he's a lefty who can hit a 30 metre target when under no pressure.

Probog seems to know a bit about him, so if he's worth having then bring him in.

If he is anything like his old man and grandfather he has a fair bit of growing and a LOT of filling out to do. They are both 195cm+ and 100kgs.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he becomes a standout KPD.

I know the boy well, and he is fantastic person, and he CAN play.:thumbsu:

Outstanding family with a long football pedigree.

He NEVER wanted to go to Sydney in the first place and it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Mr. Bond. Get this kid on our list.

He a nephew of Brad, was it, who played for east and Sydney?

He a nephew of Brad, was it, who played for east and Sydney?

Brad and his old man Rod are cousins. So does that make them 2nd cousins?? I don't know. Brad is the Mullewa Tunbridge mob.

Gotta agree on the video. It is hardly a highlights real. But I have seen him play some extraordinary football as a boy against men. Very hard to beat one on one. Very, very safe hands, nice skills and tough as f***ing nails.

Tunbridges are reknowned in country WA footy as being quiet and unassuming but but very, very hard at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tunbridge was probably one of the more unheralded 17 year old selections by GWS. Hard to say where they would go in this draft, considering they were with the Giants this year. But I'd say Tunbridge would maybe be around the 25-30 mark. Which is why I would love for us to tell him to go the PSD - so we can keep our first three picks.

I would of thought higher (15 - 20) Chris but I defer to your knowledge.

Very nice height and is a strong mark, plus I like these guys who you can swing forward or back.

Agreed if we could get him in the PSD it would be wonderful.

Has it been confirmed by the AFL that he is free to go into the draft/s?

Not yet but if GWS are delisting him, I can't see the AFL having any trigger to get involved.

No different to say Bolly nominating.

Not yet but if GWS are delisting him, I can't see the AFL having any trigger to get involved.

Incorrect IMO. The under agers must nominate for the national draft. There is a minimum age to nominate for the PSD/rookie draft. He'll probably still be considered an underager.

Fair enough.:thumbsu:

There may be a spanner in the works here though.

I know for sure that his old man is an Eagles supporter. And I'm reasonably sure, not 100%, that Simon is as well.

Mind you, I think he'd be happy to be home and would play at either club.

You can still take 1st year players in the PSD. Blayne Wilson was eligible to be picked up by GC afaik, but wasn't, and ended up being taken in last years PSD.

Can't see how this kid is any different, they both would have been the same age to be possibly listed as a 17 year old.

You can still take 1st year players in the PSD. Blayne Wilson was eligible to be picked up by GC afaik, but wasn't, and ended up being taken in last years PSD.

Can't see how this kid is any different, they both would have been the same age to be possibly listed as a 17 year old.

That was only because he was overlooked in the National Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back