Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah ok, cheers mate.

Height wise Liams got him by 2cm. Briggs is bigger bodied I'm assuming?

Yes for sure.

Wikipedia (accuracy questionable) has Briggs listed as 108kg. WAFL website (also questionable accuracy) has Reidy listed at 104kg.

Are we expecting Wagner or O'Driscoll to be sub?

I really want O'Driscoll to start.

Do we know who travelled?

View attachment 2080604
Glad Liam Reidy getting a debut game.

Sturt on the bench not surprising. I can see cox on Hogan.

This is the type of game Freo have their backs to the wall and somehow win this by 4 or 5 goals.

Sam Sturt will get his 9 or 10 disposals and kick 3 goals from 3 scoring shots

I think this is a defining game for this group. The easy thing to do would be to head over, show some fight for a while then fold to the 25 or 30 point defeat that the vast majority of the AFL public expect.

We could head back quietly to Perth, the team comforting themselves with the fact that some key players were injured, we were unlucky, and that old chestnut we are still young.
There is always next year. Next year. And the year after.
And the year after.

Potential. The post dangerous word in professional sport. Success is always just around the corner. We just have to wait until Andy and Caleb are 26 and 24, instead of 23 and 25. We just need to wait until Alex Pearce and Sean Darcy are fit instead of injured.
Next year.

Or
The group could make a stand. Make a statement to the competition that we are a force, not just this year but for the next few years. Like paddy Dangerfield and Geelong last weekend, we could just refuse to accept defeat.

GWS are decent but there is certainly a vulnerable underbelly in that team if we show up in the right frame of mind.

I reckon this is the biggest game we have played since the 2022 finals series. There is SO MUCH at stake this Saturday. AFL careers are short and fleeting. There is zero guarantee that our star players will play top level football well into their 30s. As someone pointed out on another thread, it’s harder for WA players. Fyfe and sonny’s post age 30 careers are but pale shadows of their former glory. David Mundy is an exception rather than a rule.

We just have to find a way to win this Saturday. No excuses, no talk of futures. There is no other option. It will be an unbelievable waste of a season if we don’t.
Solid post. This is a solid reason why I want Freo to make finals, even if we get beaten by 60 points on the Elim final.

We have had a solid season. Missing out on finals in 2024 would be a wasted season.

We have had a few memorable away wins too.

This is the type of game Freo have their backs to the wall and somehow win this by 4 or 5 goals.

Cox will get burnt by Hogan on speed. Need to have an extra dropping into the hole to cut off supply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox will get burnt by Hogan on speed. Need to have an extra dropping into the hole to cut off supply.
That can work.

I remember when In 2001 how Brisbane beat Essendon twice that season. Beat them mid season in the Gabba and In the 2001 grand final.

Mal Michael was on Matty Lloyd. Justin Leppitch was centre half back and cut off Lloyd and his leads.

I can see Ryan or Aish or a random mid cut of Hogan's leads

Yep, Hogan is a hard match up, Cox will bet burned on the lead while Draper will get out muscled under the high ball, my thinking would be Draper to match up on him with support from Cox/Rayn as third man up for the high ball. It really comes down to how much pressure is on the kick I50.

I’d rather see Heath go to Jesse. He did a great job on Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back