Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don’t understand this thinking, it’s his job to keep his width and create space in the forward line, he just has to be dangerous enough to ensure a defender goes with him (which he is) it’s why our tall forwards have so much room to lead into, given our recent goal scoring efficiency from F50 entries, I’d say he’s performing his role perfectly, hence he’d be one of the first picked every week. It’s also why our I50 tackle numbers are so low, creating so much space for forwards to compete 1:1 means if they lose or the kick is off the defender also has a lot of room to move.
True. It's hard to always know what role a player has been given on the day

People will often think it's just a matter of everyone going in for the tackle, but then it's also the same thing about everyone going in for the ball or going up for the mark. If it comes out , there are loose players that will just clear it easily.

As you mentioned an open or uncongested fwd line to create space is good for the fwds to lead into, but if they don't mark it, it can also easily rebound out

Game day. Maybe it's Gallows humour of an eco mind ala Round 23 2011 when 31,000 Freo fans, after another wasted season partly ruined by injuries, turned out to create one of the best atmospheres at an 80 point drubbing of a home team ever. Maybe I've grown just a little bit to be more patient with footy as a whole in an attempt to enjoy it more. Or maybe I'm just genuinely a fool who is happy to ignore all evidence in front of me. (N.B.: It's probably the first one)

But I'm feeling kinda good about this one. Best I've felt in a few weeks leading into a Freo game.
Sorry, I can't help but feel everytime I've seen you post something like this, we don't turn up haha

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 23 Changes vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back