Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Who though?

Probably the only one, that is homegrown*, who I would take before him is McInnes, and chances are he will go before we get a chance..

I rate ST higher than Kersten.

If we go 16 McInnes, 20 Tunbridge and 29 someone like Devon Smith, 58 Neon Leon I would be erect for a month.

*Not saying that we have to look at the homegrown talent but it takes away the go home factor.

Yeah McInnes definitely and I rate Boseley, I wouldnt want 2 KPD's with those first 2 picks so I'd like Kersten as he is KPF but I think he'll slide a bit.

Id like a mid with one of those top 20 and I understand everyones veiws on the go home factor but I dont rate the local mids that highly. Kavanagh, Markworth, D. Smith, Mckenzie and Greene are the ones I like who may be available.

I wouldnt be surprised if one of Kersten, Tunbridge or Lockyer is there at 29 and I'd happily have any but if Tunbridge is there at 29 he'll probly be there at 58 so I'd take Kersten then Tunbridge.

What would get me horny is:
16 McInnes
20 Mckenzie
29 Kersten
58 Tunbridge
71 Spurr

PSD Davis

BOOM!!! Bring on 2012

Sounds like a fair talent but why aren't GWS putting up a greater fight to retain him? Also, not a great deal of talk on the west coast board. They don't seem to rate him. I'd have thought there would be a bit more excitement if he was rated highly. Not that I don't trust your judgement guys. Just don't know diddly about him. Feels like we would be really reaching for him at 16 or 20

They have been aware of the problem since the beginning. Simon really didn't want to go there in the first place, and had to be coaxed big time. He really hasn't changed his opinion at all and this was just a matter of when not if.

WCE supporters are nuff bags. You should know that by now.;)

Yeah McInnes definitely and I rate Boseley, I wouldnt want 2 KPD's with those first 2 picks so I'd like Kersten as he is KPF but I think he'll slide a bit.

Id like a mid with one of those top 20 and I understand everyones veiws on the go home factor but I dont rate the local mids that highly. Kavanagh, Markworth, D. Smith, Mckenzie and Greene are the ones I like who may be available.

I wouldnt be surprised if one of Kersten, Tunbridge or Lockyer is there at 29 and I'd happily have any but if Tunbridge is there at 29 he'll probly be there at 58 so I'd take Kersten then Tunbridge.

16 McInnes
20 Mckenzie
29 Kersten
58 Tunbridge
71 Spurr

PSD Davis

BOOM!!! Bring on 2012

We are pretty much on the same page.

Would be very happy if your scenario panned out as well.:thumbsu:

I dont think grabbing players just because we think the Eagles rate them is a good draft tactic. I wouldnt be overly fazed if the Eagles took Tunbridge or Newman beacuse in the end thats about where they are rated 25-30. I think we can do better than both of these players with our early picks but for midfield quality we are probly going to have to look interstate and there are better KPP prospects than Tunbridge.

Re-read the posts ...I am not saying draft him because I think the Eagles rate him.

I am saying draft him because he looks like a very likely sort, we would be stupid to not use knowledge of other clubs draft strategy as part of our strategy.

Fyfe was headed to us or to WC ...I am glad we rated his skill level and pulled the trigger before WC.

If we rate Tunbridge as top 20, expending pick 20 on him is a reasonable proposition. If we rate him higher, we would be stupid to say hope he is there at 29.

If we rate him at 35, then yes pick 20 or even 29 is over the odds.

Pretty glad to have Summa on board, would have the good oil on Kersten and should have some view on how the WC rates the boys (esp as Tunbridge and the other GWS West Aussie boys would of been discussed).

I don't pretend to be a draft expert - and gladly acknowledge Chris as having far more of a clue than me. I predominantly follow the youngsters at 2 clubs - Perth (family connections) and West Perth (supporter). Therefore when someone like Tunbridge comes up, well if you can remember them after 12 months it normally means you rated them.

I think our club has the talent scouts in place to make the right call. I just hope we have been monitoring his form whilst he has been in NSW.

If we got him at 58 ...it is a deadset steal.

I wouldnt be overly fazed if the Eagles took Tunbridge or Newman beacuse in the end thats about where they are rated 25-30. I think we can do better than both of these players with our early picks but for midfield quality we are probly going to have to look interstate

If I could pick just one player for us to draft, Murray Newman would be right up there. Would be such a good fit for us. If I wanted to be really out there, I'd say he has a touch of the Akermanis or Rioli about him.

If I could pick just one player for us to draft, Murray Newman would be right up there. Would be such a good fit for us. If I wanted to be really out there, I'd say he has a touch of the Akermanis or Rioli about him.

images

Re-read the posts ...I am not saying draft him because I think the Eagles rate him.

I am saying draft him because he looks like a very likely sort, we would be stupid to not use knowledge of other clubs draft strategy as part of our strategy.

Fyfe was headed to us or to WC ...I am glad we rated his skill level and pulled the trigger before WC.

If we rate Tunbridge as top 20, expending pick 20 on him is a reasonable proposition. If we rate him higher, we would be stupid to say hope he is there at 29.

If we rate him at 35, then yes pick 20 or even 29 is over the odds.

Pretty glad to have Summa on board, would have the good oil on Kersten and should have some view on how the WC rates the boys (esp as Tunbridge and the other GWS West Aussie boys would of been discussed).

I don't pretend to be a draft expert - and gladly acknowledge Chris as having far more of a clue than me. I predominantly follow the youngsters at 2 clubs - Perth (family connections) and West Perth (supporter). Therefore when someone like Tunbridge comes up, well if you can remember them after 12 months it normally means you rated them.

I think our club has the talent scouts in place to make the right call. I just hope we have been monitoring his form whilst he has been in NSW.

If we got him at 58 ...it is a deadset steal.

You're right Newman does look a likely sort and out of all the west aussies hes the one mid (apart from Coniglio) that I'd like to have at the club. IMO I probly put Newman just outside the top 20 but I'm no expert either and if reading the following post from Chris- who like you I acknowledge knows a lot more about this stuff than me (most of what I see is highlights reels ha!), then it would seem that Newman is the way to go and I be very happy with him at the club. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm not too fazed about what the Eagles do these days I'm very confident in our recruiting team and I'm sure they'll make a more informed decision than my bf posts. :D

I do see that bit of class in him Chris hes great outside. One thing that makes me a bit wary of the WA boys is why did they go so terribly in the U18's? Was there any reason for this or are the interstate players just better than the WA lads this yr?

One thing that makes me a bit wary of the WA boys is why did they go so terribly in the U18's? Was there any reason for this or are the interstate players just better than the WA lads this yr?

They weren't too bad, was only the one game that they got blown out in. They were competitive with the other Division 1 teams, just couldn't get the win.

WA was pretty similar to SA this year - relying too heavily on their top line players, most of their best players being underage and not having genuine KPP depth. If a Coniglio, O'Meara, Garlett or Taylor had a bad game, then that would go a long way to determining the result.

Probably just didn't have that consistency with their second string group.

Sorry guys but has it been clarified what happens next to this guy if he is de-listed? Has anything been confirmed?

Does anyone have a better idea. He is of the precise draft age so I'm sure that would be the AFL's choice. However this situation is unprecedented and because he has been on an AFL list the rules may allow him to nominate for the Pre-Season draft. Most likely he will have to go into the National Draft though.

16 McInnes
20 Mckenzie
29 Kersten
58 Tunbridge
71 Spurr

PSD Davis

BOOM!!! Bring on 2012

yes thats a good selection I think Chris reckoned before we need a small like Wilson or Nelson so maybe Spurr as a rookie. I still like the prospect of Williams and wonder whether we could get him, Cook, Spurr or Horsley, Lee and maybe Blee as rookies. I wonder what Chris reckons of our chances of them?

16 McInnes
20 Mckenzie
29 Kersten
58 Tunbridge
71 Spurr

PSD Davis

BOOM!!! Bring on 2012

Would be nice however I think those first 3 boys will be gone before picks 16, 20 & 29

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be nice however I think those first 3 boys will be gone before picks 16, 20 & 29

Your probly right Moo, not to mention I doubt Tunbridge will be there at 58 but I can dream cant I.

If McInnes isnt there at 16 then I'd probly go for a mid as the chances are high that the best available would be a mid. I would be very happy with Kersten at any of our picks including 16 if that was the way the recruiters went. The rest is a lottery really.

You would have to think that if we want Tunbridge then he is ours. with the eagles only using 2 picks in the national draft, 23 and 28 i think, and form what i have heard that could be a bit of a stretch to use one of those pick on this bloke. You wouldn't think that any eastern states team would risk picking him up as he was only in Sydney for one year and got homesick. In theory we could really use like pick 72 to get this bloke because A- the Eagles dont have the picks to get him and B- no eastern states team would take the risk

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Tunbridge to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back