News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what Simpson said that he said to Bailey Williams, they just showed footage of his interview on the Ch7 news here in Perth.

I think he would know what he said better than all the internet detectives unless he was just making it up to cover up the truth.
Watch the vid.

Or go to the Heeney thread in umpiring…about 5 members all agreed it sounded like ‘say’.

That’s me done. You can lead a plugger to water….😆

Last edited:

Why? Because Adam Simpson won a premiership with a club like West coast that has lots of resources? Brad Scotts Stint at North Melbourne from 2010 until mid 2019 is underrated and under appreciated. 4 finals wins in that 2014-6 period was decent for a club that doesnt have a lot of Resources and money.
Come on man, everyone can see it wasn't all Simpson's fault, West Coast's issues are layered.
they have had poor fitnesss & injury list over the last couple of years which is why they have a new fitness boss & they have been better this year in that regard.

Another is their recruiting & trading has not been great that's why they have a new list manager.

The only thing Simpson is probably guilty of is being too loyal to his premiership players who are past it like Gaff.
but Hardwick had that same issue at Richmond he would not drop poor performances from senior guys that brought him a Premiership that isn't unusual.

Wholeheartedly agree with Robbo, this is poor form :

View attachment 2044948

Apart from it being nice to see WC cop it from those pricks for a change that is absolutely garbage from a bunch of ****wit 23 yr old nobody’s , you want him gone fine but to celebrate it on the front page like he hasn’t been a great coach for them is a classless as I’ve ever seen from a newspaper

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given the following context;
  • Simmo had a dig at a specific journalist in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig at the broader media in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig/pushed back on Pyke in his presser
Then I don't think it's unfair to say he was clearly in a pretty feisty mood.

If we accept those things as true, then I think on the balance of probabilities... yeah... he was having a dig at Harley Reid here.
So, the people who have criticised him publically for years, and the person who just fired him...

Compared to the first-year gun who caused him no issues and who he clearly loved coaching.

My sources tell me that Simmo and Harley are both music nerds and have been having heated arguments about the subject. It came to a head when they hit upon the subject of which Kanye West song is the best. Reid felt that 'All Mine' is Ye's finest moment, whilst Simmo insisted that the old school 'Heard Em Say' has never been topped.

Simmo was just reminding him of that here.

Told yas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media are so ****ing dumb (Pav & Schofield on the commentary as well)

Everytime Liam Ryan kicked a goal, they played the Kanye song. Liam Ryan kicked a goal to end the game…played the goal song then went into the Lions song.

You can argue they should have skipped the after goal song because it was the end of the game but yeah, it wasn’t random.

He should have quit two years ago.

Then walk into the Demons job when it comes available .

Nah... It panned out how It was Expected. Also the key word here is Equalization.

I am not here to Bash West coast, I am just stating the facts here.

Here are the facts....

How many top 10 picks did west coast have between 2014-21? The answer is zero. We all know about the Eagles trading heavily for Tim Kelly at the end of 2019.

If you finish 9th, on a normal draft, that would be usually pick 10. West coast made finals each year from 2015-20. In 2014 and 2021, West coast finished 9th in 2014 and 2021. But both picks were pushed back a pick or 2.

In 2014, West Coasts pick 10 was pushed back to pick 11, thanks to the demons compo pick for Jack Frawley which they got pick 3 for losing him to the hawks via free agency.

Eagles used pick 11 on Liam Duggan.

As for the 2021 draft. Eagles finished 9th and it was originally pick 10. That got pushed back a couple of Picks as Dogs Drafted Sam Darcy under father son rule and Collingwood drafted Nick Daicos under father son rule.

No different to Freo having no top 10 picks in 2012-15 as they made finals in all of those 4 years or Richmond having no picks in the top 10 as they made prelim finals each year from 2017-20.

Given the following context;
  • Simmo had a dig at a specific journalist in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig at the broader media in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig/pushed back on Pyke in his presser
Then I don't think it's unfair to say he was clearly in a pretty feisty mood.

If we accept those things as true, then I think on the balance of probabilities... yeah... he was having a dig at Harley Reid here.
Simmo just a bit naive if he thought he could keep coaching indefinitely. Now he's blaming the media, Pyke and the players.
Nah... It panned out how It was Expected. Also the key word here is Equalization.

I am not here to Bash West coast, I am just stating the facts here.

Here are the facts....

How many top 10 picks did west coast have between 2014-21? The answer is zero. We all know about the Eagles trading heavily for Tim Kelly at the end of 2019.

If you finish 9th, on a normal draft, that would be usually pick 10. West coast made finals each year from 2015-20. In 2014 and 2021, West coast finished 9th in 2014 and 2021. But both picks were pushed back a pick or 2.

In 2014, West Coasts pick 10 was pushed back to pick 11, thanks to the demons compo pick for Jack Frawley which they got pick 3 for losing him to the hawks via free agency.

Eagles used pick 11 on Liam Duggan.

As for the 2021 draft. Eagles finished 9th and it was originally pick 10. That got pushed back a couple of Picks as Dogs Drafted Sam Darcy under father son rule and Collingwood drafted Nick Daicos under father son rule.

No different to Freo having no top 10 picks in 2012-15 as they made finals in all of those 4 years or Richmond having no picks in the top 10 as they made prelim finals each year from 2017-20.
I think we are in furious agreement.

Simmo could have read the writing on the wall re equalisation and got out while still seen as a coaching god.
Same thing Hardwick and Roos did. Hardwick knew the spoon was coming.

Then he maintains his halo and can pick his next job.

Simmo has lost his halo now.

Last edited:
Demons or Dogs might be interested

But he could have names his own price and club if he quit in 2020
He already had the price and club he wanted, so there was absolutely no reason to quit.

Go to a club with an improving list rather than one in decline?

Seems like a fair reason to me.
Maybe in hindsight, when he signed the last contract. But only in hindsight.

News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back