GoYouBlues

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2005
Vermont, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Adelaide
This would have to be one of the worst GFs in many years as far as poor quality football goes. I have bever seen so much fumbling under little pressure by so many on both teams. The disposal by Hawthorn in the first quarter was shocking. They coughed the ball up time and time again with handballs and kicks going astray more times than I can recall.

Geelong's forward work was dismal. Too much lairising in my opinion. Ottens not handballing over the top and missing from point blank was classic.

The umpiring decisions favoured Geelong. They got the ones that were doubtful and Hawthorn didn't.

This was not a great GF but it was good for the competition.

Yeah no pressure at all, its only a Grand Final, why would they be fumbling the ball, there's always next week isn't there:rolleyes:
As for umpires the less said the better, but maybe the players can stop diving too.

yep, mclaren was it?

the guy thinks he's bigger than the game, he's a stooge.

the sooner he gets cut the better.

he really is a pathetic joke and the worst umpire in the game.

The umpires were shocking today; called the majority of decisions one one, while similar incidents going the other way were unnoticed.

The best was the down field free kick in the 3rd quarter.

There were some glaring errors in umpiring today but I guess umpires make mistakes of judgment on big occasions . They are under similar pressures to the players with every decision scrutinized -just a thought:confused:

Best GF game I've seen in years, so I don't agree at all. The pressure was enormous and hence the fumbling. The umpiring is another matter, was just shocking. McLaren is a joke!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard of play was fine, but the umpires were shocking. At one stage I thought they were all set to really ruin the spectacle, Hawthorn were getting shafted. Luckily the Hawks won anyway so the umpiring didn't affect the result so it didn't matter.

The down field free was a joke as was the one against Franklin were they said he pushed Scarlett over, ****ing pathetic that one.

Yeah there was fumbling in the first quarter of a GF, no shit. lol. Has it been that long for Carltank supporters that they forget what finals football is like?

There were some glaring errors in umpiring today but I guess umpires make mistakes of judgment on big occasions . They are under similar pressures to the players with every decision scrutinized -just a thought:confused:

Yeah! But naaah! Scott Mclaren is the biggest tool to walk out on a footy field. How he got the nod for today will always be a mystery.

unforced errors?

define: unforced.

there was enormous pressure, even when someone breaks free they feel the pressure of the contest.

you have absolutely no idea.

that was a red hot grand final, and its an ignorant comment and poor thread.

Twas a good game of footy. The umpiring wasn't "terrible" or "shocking". I would class it as overzealous on occasions. The game could have been let go a little more but at least it was consistent.
Geelong did get a good rub of the green but that happens too. Don't forget the umpires also get nervous.
All in all this was a good game for the AFL as Geelong didn't win it.

unforced errors?

define: unforced.

there was enormous pressure, even when someone breaks free they feel the pressure of the contest.

you have absolutely no idea.

that was a red hot grand final, and its an ignorant comment and poor thread.

Gee some of you blokes are dills. I'm not talking about the in close stuff. I'm talking about blokes who receive the ball out in the clear and cough it up. Blokes like Crawford receive the ball on the wing 20 metres from an opponent and kick it straight to the opposition. Hawthorn coughed the ball up 3 times in the first 5 minutes in such circumstances.

Both teams did it. LIke I said, too may unforced errors. It was not a game that showed off its classc ball hansling skills. How many spectacular marks did we see?

The umpiring was on a par with what we have had all year.
The skill errors were only unforced if you don not consider "pressure" as a force.

Inaccuracy would be a better point to mention than either of the above.

Was a very good game up till the last 5 mins where it was won.

Yes there was mistakes by both teams early but that should be expected and yes umpires were poor. The game was close and a hard fought contest.

Gee some of you blokes are dills. I'm not talking about the in close stuff. I'm talking about blokes who receive the ball out in the clear and cough it up. Blokes like Crawford receive the ball on the wing 20 metres from an opponent and kick it straight to the opposition. Hawthorn coughed the ball up 3 times in the first 5 minutes in such circumstances.

Both teams did it. LIke I said, too may unforced errors. It was not a game that showed off its classc ball hansling skills. How many spectacular marks did we see?
Mate they happen every game, no-one is perfect and sometimes when things are the easiest then they become the hardest. Like mooneys shot that missed from like 5 metres out.

Once you get time to think, it becomes a lot harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Skill Errors and Bad Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back