SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing talk of being only 3 divisions next year surely can’t be true.
You think you would need 4 divisions and if by some miracle Bomber Murray Football Southern Bayside gets parts of it over the line you may need a 5th Division going forward.
Premier Division
1st Division
2nd Division
3rd Division
4th Division?

Think somebody has their wires crossed… 36 clubs plus 2 more wanting in, three divisions isn’t happening.

Hearing talk of being only 3 divisions next year surely can’t be true.
You think you would need 4 divisions and if by some miracle Bomber Murray Football Southern Bayside gets parts of it over the line you may need a 5th Division going forward.
Premier Division
1st Division
2nd Division
3rd Division
4th Division?
I think someone is pulling your chain.
38 teams is too many for 3 divvies.
Has to be Premier + 3

Pretty sure the league are trying to get a team or two out the thirds comp as well, so 3 divs is extremely unlikely. Especially with a large gap between divisions.

There’s only one stand alone team and I don’t think heatherhill want to move up they are all old footballers or younger kids who don’t care enough to train twice a week

Heatherton have timed this perfectly .
What a coaching masterclass, every one forgot about them and they have now gone BANG.
Opposition coaches would be silly not to put there main focus on there game and how to stop them.
Who would have thought they are set and the team in hot form .
My boys are finished, 4 games we should have won. Can only blame ourselves .

Black rock the Richmond of southern ? Injuries ? Where are all the recruits from the start of the year ?
From last in division 2 now 2nd last soon in division 3.
Scores reflect something has gone very wrong down at the untouchables

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heatherton have timed this perfectly .
What a coaching masterclass, every one forgot about them and they have now gone BANG.
Opposition coaches would be silly not to put there main focus on there game and how to stop them.
Who would have thought they are set and the team in hot form .
My boys are finished, 4 games we should have won. Can only blame ourselves .

Black rock the Richmond of southern ? Injuries ? Where are all the recruits from the start of the year ?
From last in division 2 now 2nd last soon in division 3.
Scores reflect something has gone very wrong down at the untouchables

Maybe start planning for 2025 season with the current list or throw some coins at players from diff club/leagues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing it is Div 3 and finances aren’t always the strongest factors for most these clubs .

Would a 3 game grading system work for Div 3 and 4 ? Just to make it a bit more level as it is very lopsided .

We all want to win flags, but we are driving struggling clubs into more hardship than what they should be .

Take my hat off to naree they roll up each week and show true pride. More than most in Div 3 .

Let’s be honest here the saints and jets do not deserve to be in Div 3 as we speak . Both better in Div 4 where they can win a few more games , not lose by 100 plus each week and gather momentum.

Saints started with none and will finish depleted .

Jets just derailed and still play with an arrogance that’s not warranted .

This system gives the clubs with an ego problem a reality check, and also gives the clubs struggling a chance not to lose any half decent players because they are being bashed each week .

Seeing it is Div 3 and finances aren’t always the strongest factors for most these clubs .

Would a 3 game grading system work for Div 3 and 4 ? Just to make it a bit more level as it is very lopsided .

We all want to win flags, but we are driving struggling clubs into more hardship than what they should be .

Take my hat off to naree they roll up each week and show true pride. More than most in Div 3 .

Let’s be honest here the saints and jets do not deserve to be in Div 3 as we speak . Both better in Div 4 where they can win a few more games , not lose by 100 plus each week and gather momentum.

This system gives the clubs with an ego problem a reality check, and also gives the clubs struggling a chance not to lose any half decent players because they are being bashed each week .

Don’t like it, hard to tell anything from three games.

Clubs need to be honest with themselves, if they aren’t going to be competitive I reckon they know it. No league is going to refuse a request to go down unless it’s ridiculous. Of course you have to find a club to come up too, but I think the league would look at it.

After last year perhaps Narre South shouldve looked at their options.

Haha BR were 2-1 after three games. All has fallen apart after the coach left but they'll be right

Since top 4 is set..
I reckon it will be

Week 1
🐬 V Heatherton
🦁 V 🐯
Week 2
Heatherton V 🐯
Week 3
Heatherton V 🐬 ( could win it this year?)

Appointing that coach was the beginning of the end of Black Rock's season. Feel sorry for the President but due diligence should have been done. Could have easily been 0-3
Yep. Unfortunately for Black Rock they seemed to be the only people wearing the rose-tinted glasses when looking at Hoy. I do think Hoy has qualities as a coach but his off-field issues and personal struggles which occurred at St Kilda City should have been enough for BR to say no. Hoy would not rock up to training a few times without telling anyone, then he finally didn't turn up on match day to an unknowing Black Rock and then it was goodbye to Hoy. All his recruits from City packed their bags too and sadly for them the appointment couldn't have gone much worse.

They'll crawl over the Div 3 finish line but I expect Ashwood to take care of them comfortably next week. Hopefully it's not bottom 2 for Div 3 o_O

Side note but I feel the gap between Div 3s best would stack up pretty well in Division 2 already. Seen Frankston twice and have looked great, along with South Morn (bar the 1-2 random hiccups). Great for the league as the standard of footy is so much higher than it was 10 years ago.

Yep. Unfortunately for Black Rock they seemed to be the only people wearing the rose-tinted glasses when looking at Hoy. I do think Hoy has qualities as a coach but his off-field issues and personal struggles which occurred at St Kilda City should have been enough for BR to say no. Hoy would not rock up to training a few times without telling anyone, then he finally didn't turn up on match day to an unknowing Black Rock and then it was goodbye to Hoy. All his recruits from City packed their bags too and sadly for them the appointment couldn't have gone much worse.

They'll crawl over the Div 3 finish line but I expect Ashwood to take care of them comfortably next week. Hopefully it's not bottom 2 for Div 3 o_O

Side note but I feel the gap between Div 3s best would stack up pretty well in Division 2 already. Seen Frankston twice and have looked great, along with South Morn (bar the 1-2 random hiccups). Great for the league as the standard of footy is so much higher than it was 10 years ago.

Agree on all fronts. Seen Endeavour Hills go up and their best stacks up with other mid table teams. Hopefully they've done enough to fight off relegation. Doubt we will see much of Frankston again (if they win it) with a strong junior program

10 years ago the SFNL interleague squad played a praccy match against a then B grade St Kevins OBs, which was a mix of senior & U/19s players & got beaten by 20 goals!
Having watched a bit of footy this season, the standard of most divisions especially Div 1 has increased dramatically

Don’t like it, hard to tell anything from three games.

Clubs need to be honest with themselves, if they aren’t going to be competitive I reckon they know it. No league is going to refuse a request to go down unless it’s ridiculous. Of course you have to find a club to come up too, but I think the league would look at it.

After last year perhaps Narre South shouldve looked at their options.
Correct. Narre should have known where they were at (many there did allegedly) and Hampton may have been happy to come up

Appointing that coach was the beginning of the end of Black Rock's season. Feel sorry for the President but due diligence should have been done. Could have easily been 0-3

Did the coach and club part ways after round 5 ?
A few players at our club ( Lyndhurst ) say the coach was extremely sick and the coaching staff who he had come with him filled in whilst absent?
Had a look on the jets Social media and it confirms the coach for the jets now was his assistant at Stkilda ?

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back