SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any news on the entry of Berwick springs and Narre and how that might effect the structure of the divisions ? Will there be double relegation in Div 3?

If so this weeks game between bashwood and black rock could be a relegation game.
Given that the current divisions are 10/10/8/8, the only double relegations would be from Div 1 down into Div 2 & Div 2 down into Div 3.

Chat about how its all going to work has gone quiet although I do know for a fact that both Chelsea Heights & Bentleigh were advised back in May, to prepared for a double relegation from Div 1. So you would think the same would occur for Div 2.

This notion of having a Premier division of 12 teams won't work unless teams are prepared not to play everyone twice. Remember we lose 3 weeks already for Easter, Interleague & King's birthday

Serious playing surface issues at Lyndhurst, it was cactus pre-game yesterday.
Would assume there would be a few grounds similar with the rain we've had. Pretty sure all their juniors play on it as well which wouldnt help. Used to drain pretty well when they first started, was hard as concrete

So if Berwick Springs and Narre Warren come in to the top 2 divisions is the prediction the bottom 3 of Div 2 will drop down so that the premier of 3rd Division still goes up. Third division will be so much better with 10 teams!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would if there was no movement regarding promotion from 3rd division
Apologies I was making the assumption that Berwick Springs would start into Div 3. If not then you maybe correct.

Would think there'd be some angst if the bottom 3 got relegated from Div 2 down into Div 3
i.e. Highett who coulda/woulda/shoulda won 3 more games but haven't

I guess we'll find out tonight

Berwick Springs would beat Endeavour Hills comfortably with their current squad, but can understand other clubs angst about them coming in at Div2. If they start Div 3 they would lose quality players.

info is now with clubs.

narre going into div 1 definitely.
berwick div 2 or 3 depending on the scenario they choose.

7 different scenarios presented.... double relegation from div 1 & 2, double from div 2 only, double promotion in all, no promotion or relegation etc. several of them look a bit far fetched.

the standout scenario.....as mooted here....is berwick into div 3, 2 down from div 1 and 2. results in divs of 10, 10, 10 and 8.

clubs get to give feedback, board will decide.

salary caps likely going up also....

div 1 from 120k-125k
div 2 from 90k-100k
div 3 from 45k-75k
div 4 from 30k-50k

So if Berwick Springs and Narre Warren come in to the top 2 divisions is the prediction the bottom 3 of Div 2 will drop down so that the premier of 3rd Division still goes up. Third division will be so much better with 10 teams!
The league presented 7 potential options to the clubs tonight. Triple relegation in Div 2 (or any division] was not one of them so won’t happen.
NW in Div 1
BS in either 2 or 3 depending on the option chosen but not at the expense of 3 Div 2 clubs being relegated. I’d bet they start in Div 3.

The league presented 7 potential options to the clubs tonight. Triple relegation in Div 2 (or any division] was not one of them so won’t happen.
NW in Div 1
BS in either 2 or 3 depending on the option chosen but not at the expense of 3 Div 2 clubs being relegated. I’d bet they start in Div 3.
info is now with clubs.

narre going into div 1 definitely.
berwick div 2 or 3 depending on the scenario they choose.

7 different scenarios presented.... double relegation from div 1 & 2, double from div 2 only, double promotion in all, no promotion or relegation etc. several of them look a bit far fetched.

the standout scenario.....as mooted here....is berwick into div 3, 2 down from div 1 and 2. results in divs of 10, 10, 10 and 8.

clubs get to give feedback, board will decide.

salary caps likely going up also....

div 1 from 120k-125k
div 2 from 90k-100k
div 3 from 45k-75k
div 4 from 30k-50k
Can guarantee you the board has already decided

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back