SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too many will be stopping the ‘G - Train’ mark my words.

He will light up the town of Mornington and Division 3 and they will be elevated to division 2. Whether the G stays a second season is up to the powers to be at sth mornington $$$$ but for the interim he will pull a few crowds to division 3.

Does Gillis make 100 points difference? Still have to get it to him. Frankston annihilated them 2 weeks ago.
I spoke with a few mates of mine at South and they had a few key players out and just generally did not play well. Gillis in, giggz in just before finals, plus a few others to come back in and they'll be cherry ripe.

I spoke with a few mates of mine at South and they had a few key players out and just generally did not play well. Gillis in, giggz in just before finals, plus a few others to come back in and they'll be cherry ripe.
They generally did not play well? 🤔 the winning margin was pretty big tbh.

Berwick Springs want to start in div 2. Not sure that'll suit SFNL.

Berwick Springs reveals its preferred SFNL starting point​

The fightin’ Titans are headed south.
Berwick Springs wants to leave Outer East league and join neighbouring Southern Football Netball League in 2025.

The Titans have even nominated which of the four divisions in SFNL they want to start in.

“We’ve absolutely put forward our desire to be in Division 2 in Southern league,” club chairman Ashley Allison said.

“But we’re yet to have that all confirmed.

“That’s our preference.”

Allison said SFNL Division 2 would suit Berwick Springs and allow the club to retain “most of our players”.

He said the Titans players had “driven” the push to move to Southern league, with their their “concern’’ surrounding the likelihood of long distance travel to games next season a key factor.

Members of the Berwick Springs Football Netball Club voted recently in the “overwhelming majority” to move competitions.

Allison expects Berwick Springs co-coaches Hayden Stagg and Chris Johnson to remain and guide the club’s transition to a new league.

“They’ve been fully supportive of the process and part of the driving process as well,” he said of the co-coaches.

“They’ve been heavily involved in that, been key decision makers in it.

“We just think it offers better room for our growth in Southern league moving forward.

“Outer East were very good to us to bring us in to that competition originally, so there’s no hard feelings from our point of view.

“We learnt a lot from going into that competition. It was a hard decision to make.”

Berwick Springs has had only one win in Outer East league’s Premier Division this season and sits on the bottom of the ladder.

Berwick Springs want to start in div 2. Not sure that'll suit SFNL.

Berwick Springs reveals its preferred SFNL starting point​

The fightin’ Titans are headed south.
Berwick Springs wants to leave Outer East league and join neighbouring Southern Football Netball League in 2025.

The Titans have even nominated which of the four divisions in SFNL they want to start in.

“We’ve absolutely put forward our desire to be in Division 2 in Southern league,” club chairman Ashley Allison said.

“But we’re yet to have that all confirmed.

“That’s our preference.”

Allison said SFNL Division 2 would suit Berwick Springs and allow the club to retain “most of our players”.

He said the Titans players had “driven” the push to move to Southern league, with their their “concern’’ surrounding the likelihood of long distance travel to games next season a key factor.

Members of the Berwick Springs Football Netball Club voted recently in the “overwhelming majority” to move competitions.

Allison expects Berwick Springs co-coaches Hayden Stagg and Chris Johnson to remain and guide the club’s transition to a new league.

“They’ve been fully supportive of the process and part of the driving process as well,” he said of the co-coaches.

“They’ve been heavily involved in that, been key decision makers in it.

“We just think it offers better room for our growth in Southern league moving forward.

“Outer East were very good to us to bring us in to that competition originally, so there’s no hard feelings from our point of view.

“We learnt a lot from going into that competition. It was a hard decision to make.”

Berwick Springs has had only one win in Outer East league’s Premier Division this season and sits on the bottom of the ladder.

Sitting last with one win I get it’s premier division but div 2 is a big call

Narre into D1

Two promotions from D2 to D1

One relegation from D1 to D2

Berwick Springs into D2

Makes it 12/10/8/8

Then next year three relegations from D1 and D2

Makes it 10/10/10/8

So based on current ladder, next year in D1:

Bentleigh
Chelsea Heights
Cheltenham
Cranbourne
Dingley
Doveton
East Brighton
Murrumbeena
Narre Warren
Port Colts
Springy Districts
St Paul’s

D2:

Caulfield
Berwick Springs
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Frankston Dolphins
Hampton Park
Highett
Keysborough
Mordialloc
St Kilda City

Then the following year, the bottom three drop from each and the premier goes up

Think that’s fairest.

Or if they are worried about three clubs being relegated in a season, they can run with 11/11/8/8 for one season with two down and one up to get to 10 clubs in the top two divisions the following year.

Maybe it's a case of Berwick asking for Div 2, knowing they'll get Div 3.

I can't imagine the league will want anything other than 10 teams in each of Div 1 and 2, with 18 rounds.

Berwick into Div 3 just makes sense. 2 down from div 2, 1 up from div 4, 1 up to Div 2, 1 down to div 4.
10 teams, perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narre into D1

Two promotions from D2 to D1

One relegation from D1 to D2

Berwick Springs into D2

Makes it 12/10/8/8

Then next year three relegations from D1 and D2

Makes it 10/10/10/8

So based on current ladder, next year in D1:

Bentleigh
Chelsea Heights
Cheltenham
Cranbourne
Dingley
Doveton
East Brighton
Murrumbeena
Narre Warren
Port Colts
Springy Districts
St Paul’s

D2:

Caulfield
Berwick Springs
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Frankston Dolphins
Hampton Park
Highett
Keysborough
Mordialloc
St Kilda City

Then the following year, the bottom three drop from each and the premier goes up

Think that’s fairest.
Your source pretty concrete?

Your source pretty concrete?

No source - just what I’d do

I don’t believe clubs went into this season knowing that there would be more than one relegation and I don’t think it’s fair to do that unless everybody is told before the year. Might be wrong on that of course.

If so, that’s what I’d do - then everybody knows there will be extra relegations next season.

No source - just what I’d do

I don’t believe clubs went into this season knowing that there would be more than one relegation and I don’t think it’s fair to do that unless everybody is told before the year. Might be wrong on that of course.

If so, that’s what I’d do - then everybody knows there will be extra relegations next season.
2nd bottom in both div 1 and div 2 are battling big time, so a double relegation might be a blessing in disguise.

Div 1 - Chelsea Heights, 1 win (over Mordialloc), 57%
Div 2 - Highett 2 wins, albeit with a % that indicates they're competitive (82%)

2nd bottom in both div 1 and div 2 are battling big time, so a double relegation might be a blessing in disguise.

Div 1 - Chelsea Heights, 1 win (over Mordialloc), 57%
Div 2 - Highett 2 wins, albeit with a % that indicates they're competitive (82%)
Then what happens in 2026 and beyond if rumour has it Berwick-From Eastern Premier,Beaconsfield-Eastern Div 1 and maybe 1 or 2 others come in from either Outer East or VAFA.
1 thing Southern standard of football will get better mind you I think they should consider outside clubs for the open age/3rds going forward to put sides in which currently play in other competitions.
Maybe Bedford dream could happen and clubs flock to Southern.

Then what happens in 2026 and beyond if rumour has it Berwick-From Eastern Premier,Beaconsfield-Eastern Div 1 and maybe 1 or 2 others come in from either Outer East or VAFA.
1 thing Southern standard of football will get better mind you I think they should consider outside clubs for the open age/3rds going forward to put sides in which currently play in other competitions.
Maybe Bedford dream could happen and clubs flock to Southern.

It is the standard Southern should be, people used to say it was poor standard… take the best clubs out of any region and the standard is poor!

It was badly hemmed in by the SEFNL and MPFNL but appears to be over that now with south-east clubs finally accepting it’s the best place for them.

Berwick are battling hugely with numbers and need a few years to rebuild their team and club. Beaconsfield are going alright. Would they want to be separated from Berwick? They already are really given they’re in different Eastern divisions.

The big issue for Berwick this year, funnily enough, is they might avoid relegation because Norwood are so bloody bad. They’d be far better off in D1 next year, will be more competitive and have a local rival in Beaconsfield. They’ll get slaughtered for another year in Premier, unless they go on a major spending spree, which doesn’t seem to be their way.

Interesting times.

Whatever the league has planned re divs for next year, its surely incumbent on them to let clubs know sooner rather than later.
Either waiting for the next board meeting to tick off Berwick Springs coming in OR are they waiting on one more club to decide?
I don't know about the latter but with any board or committee there's a due process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back