MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Ban the bump. It’s an action from a different era. Teach footy players how to tackle safely and stop the injuring of players brains. That’s all I care about. Houston is not a sniper. Anyone who has watched him play for a long time would know he’s not a dirty player. He just did a stupid thing in the heat of an intense game and is paying the price.

Ban the bump. It’s an action from a different era. Teach footy players how to tackle safely and stop the injuring of players brains. That’s all I care about. Houston is not a sniper. Anyone who has watched him play for a long time would know he’s not a dirty player. He just did a stupid thing in the heat of an intense game and is paying the price.
Sorry, but the past is the past, and he has well and truly earned the tag of being a sniper and dirty player now.

Go back and watch that footage of the hit again (especially the original wide angle), specifically how long he had to make up his mind before electing to bump or tackle while he was going in at full speed.

It was a dirty play that was deliberate as much as it was instinctive. There's simply no excuse for it, and no place for it in today's AFL.

Sorry, but the past is the past, and he has well and truly earned the tag of being a sniper and dirty player now.

Go back and watch that footage of the hit again (especially the original wide angle), specifically how long he had to make up his mind before electing to bump or tackle while he was going in at full speed.

It was a dirty play that was deliberate as much as it was instinctive. There's simply no excuse for it, and no place for it in today's AFL.
I don’t really care too much about the tag so I will leave that one alone. I probably should have left him out of my original statement. I stand by the ban the bump; protect the players!

You want to see how port have never changed over all these years when it served to wipe out an oppo star player. Little rover carl dilena for Sturt was absolutely ko'd by the port thug ruckman russell johnston at footy park. I was there and it was just filthy dirty port doing what port does. Check this old footage just after 28 minutes into the clip...he would never play again under the current tribunal

That’s almost at Plugger vs Peter Caven level of thuggery

This is the level of stupidity on their board about why they should appeal ......

FMD

View attachment 2086532

Do they realise the AFL changed the rules following the Maynard/Brayshaw incident from last year?

Get the appeal delayed? Yeh, this isn’t a court of law. There are games this week so you can’t delay it.

They are literally stupid.

At what point is the question going to be asked about Butters record fines this year?

No correlation between his increase in off the ball sniping and Josh Carr doing more match day coaching?

Him going just that bit too far and copping a suspension for a Final would be amusing.
Perhaps there should be a point where fines tip into a suspension. E.g reach $10k in fines, auto 1 week suspension. 15k = another week etc.

From what I’ve read and experienced in footy, Houston was just following the team instructions, formal or not, put Rankine off his game. A bit too enthusiastically as it happens. But it worked didn’t it?

I wonder if once Houston leaves the club, he spills the beans on what the focus was during the Showdown.

He should be booed and heckled mercilessly for the rest of his career in Games v us

Every game every touch - I don’t actually think he has the mental fortitude to work through that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm yes a legal act. Cos that's why he got 5 games. How are you so dumb? It's actually impressive.
a281d0dd-dbcd-4dfc-806d-37a2636ad93e_text.gif

The thing is that this is not an isolated incident either, there's been about five or six of these types of incidents over the years where Port players have knocked out Crows players in Showdowns.

Nathan Bassett in two different games, Luke Jericho, James Begley, Ned McHenry and Rankine and that's just the ones that I can think of, there's likely to be even more.

Yet Port supporters continually deflect and play the victim card and claim we're the problem.

I would be interested to see a list of all the incidents in the history of showdowns where a port player has taken out a crows player like this. Pickett knocking out Biglands, Lycett taking out Patrick Parnell also come to mind along with the ones above. Matthew Thomas ending Trent Hentschell’s career is another one.

Last edited:
I would love to see a list of all the incidents in the history of showdowns where a port player has taken out a crows player like this. Pickett knocking out Biglands, Lycett taking out Patrick Parnell also come to mind along with the ones above. Matthew Thomas ending Trent Hentschell’s career is another one.
Yep, they have a culture of playing dirty if the game isn't going there way.

A long list of our players they have taken out in showdowns. Apart from Bickley, who have we had?

Depends on if it’s Patrick Cripps or Charlie Cameron the AFL seemed less concerned about concussion on those occasions

Anyways this is your board and I’ve out stayed my welcome

The severity of hits at the footy is in the eye of the beholder is my point, the spite in this game has robbed lots of us of that perspective I think

Spite. Hmm…..
Rachelle’s comments were silly, but he never said a thing about hating port or anyone.
In the previous 2 showdowns, 2 port players stated how much they, and the playing group, hate Adelaide.
That’s inciting spite. Let’s not forget that. YOUR players talked about hate. Ours never did.

He should be booed and heckled mercilessly for the rest of his career in Games v us

Every game every touch - I don’t actually think he has the mental fortitude to work through that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There's no should about it. It's happening 100%

Spite. Hmm…..
Rachelle’s comments were silly, but he never said a thing about hating port or anyone.
In the previous 2 showdowns, 2 port players stated how much they, and the playing group, hate Adelaide.
That’s inciting spite. Let’s not forget that. YOUR players talked about hate. Ours never did.

1724243917130.png

This was the first thing I came across on google. I'm sure I could find more examples. My point it, it's never purely one way, and to suggest it is, is either self-deception or disingenuous.

I would be interested to see a list of all the incidents in the history of showdowns where a port player has taken out a crows player like this. Pickett knocking out Biglands, Lycett taking out Patrick Parnell also come to mind along with the ones above. Matthew Thomas ending Trent Hentschell’s career is another one.
Pickett on Biglands
Lycett on Parnell
Lycett on McHenry
SPP on Keane
Thomas on Bassett
Brogan on Jericho (same game)
Mayes on Murphy (lol)

View attachment 2086965

This was the first thing I came across on google. I'm sure I could find more examples. My point it, it's never purely one way, and to suggest it is, is either self-deception or disingenuous.

Or doesn’t suit your narrative. That’s from 12 years ago. My post was in reference to this game. And the reference to spite by a port poster. Of which Port players have clearly displayed off field significantly more than our players in the past 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back