MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been a free?
Definitely.

By the same token, Port should have received a free for Thilthorpe's tunneling (which resulted in an Adelaide goal).

The umpiring in the game was nothing short of diabolical - both in terms of umpiring errors, and their inability/unwillingness to control the game.

Definitely.

By the same token, Port should have received a free for Thilthorpe's tunneling (which resulted in an Adelaide goal).

The umpiring in the game was nothing short of diabolical - both in terms of umpiring errors, and their inability/unwillingness to control the game.
it was a SHOCKER, and we got a massive rub of it in the first quarter or so. Keays dribbling it over the boundary after 100m was among the most hilarious for no free.

it was a SHOCKER, and we got a massive rub of it in the first quarter or so. Keays dribbling it over the boundary after 100m was among the most hilarious for no free.
As was the call against the Port player (I can't remember who), who took a clean mark - only for the umpire to say that it had bounced.

Plenty of bad umpiring decisions favouring us (mostly early), and plenty favouring Port (mostly later). No evidence of bias in the umpiring - just incompetence.

Definitely.

Yep, missing that Thilthorpe free was shocking.

As was the call against the Port player (I can't remember who), who took a clean mark - only for the umpire to say that it had bounced.

Plenty of bad umpiring decisions favouring us (mostly early), and plenty favouring Port (mostly later). No evidence of bias in the umpiring - just incompetence.
Was Rozee.

Was Rozee.
That was a shocker. Looked clean in real time. Assumed it must've been a half volley or something when called play on, then the replay showed it a good foot off the ground. Shocker of a call.

Yeah agree with this. And you just knew that eventually they'd turn against us and we'd be getting the rough end.
The umpires had lost control of the game well before the houston hit, and after was even worse.

I would be interested to see a list of all the incidents in the history of showdowns where a port player has taken out a crows player like this. Pickett knocking out Biglands, Lycett taking out Patrick Parnell also come to mind along with the ones above. Matthew Thomas ending Trent Hentschell’s career is another one.

I was literally going to write a post tonight going through all these things. Outside of Jammo in the first ever game (probably more at fault than Cummings) and Bickley I can’t recall us badly injuring one of their players

I do remember a showdown around 2008 when I literally wanted the game to end as they had taken like 3 players out.

And I reckon most of these (not all) incidents have occurred when we have a run of wins against them

Even the big crowd fight back in 2016 or 17 - we had won 5 in a row or there abouts

Will research tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pickett on Biglands
Lycett on Parnell
Lycett on McHenry
SPP on Keane
Thomas on Bassett
Brogan on Jericho (same game)
Mayes on Murphy (lol)

Brogan charged with punching an Adelaide supporter and breaking his nose?
Hentschel tackle

A remember Sloane getting Ebert high in a spoil and got a game for it - although Wbert was fine to play out the game

Okay, let's limit it to the past 12 months. Suits your narrative. Think about it.

In the last 7 months the 2 biggest suspensions of Port players - and 2 of the biggest 7 in 225 games played this year - have been Port players knocking out Crows players. So run along back to your board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely.

The miss on Riolis punch on Sholl putting him down behind play - only for Rioli to then get the ball and put inside 50 (and then get a 50) for a Port goal was poor as well. 4 umpires are supposed to looking at the full field not all 8 eyes on the play

Posting here as a cherished moment in time with the added bonus of the react quantity. I reckon they got that aliens meme guy to represent port.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822-183615_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240822-183615_Facebook.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 46
"The lid is the top of the paint can, but it's also part of the paint can."

Actual quote from Port lawyers trying to argue that Houston didn't hit him high... 😂

Here's the ones that I remember

Shaun Burgoyne knocking out Bassett in 2003

Go to 1 hour 54 minutes

Byron Pickett knocking out James Begley in 2005

Pickett knocking out Biglands in 2005

Matt Thomas destroying Trent Hentschel's knee in 2006 with an extremely dangerous tackle

Matt Thomas knocking out Bassett by driving him into the ground via a really dangerous tackle with his arms pinned in 2008

Same game in 2008 Dean Brogan lines up Luke Jericho

Scott Lycett knocking out Mchenry with a dangerous tackle in 2021

SPP hit on Mark Keane in the pre-season game this year.

There's a pattern here with this type of stuff and it's not a coincidence that when it happens it always seems to be a Crows player on the receiving end and not the other way around.

no doubt but also there's a way to train a player to make them self aware or street smart, we didn't seem have this with ayres or craig

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back