Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Snoop Dog - not sure if you're going to do any updates following the final list lodgements, but with Melbourne losing Dom Barry and also delisted Michael Evans, it seems we will probably use #53 in the draft and upgrade Jetta with our following pick.

There is a small chance we will use #PSD2, or upgrade James Harmes instead, but either way, we'll be drafting 4 new senior players plus Billy Stretch.

Yeah I will be so thanks for that.

Yeh I was deliberately conservative with their heights because there are some varying reports around (hence the 'approx').

They are both solid of build, and neither possess that high leaping attribute that say Daniher or Tom Lynch have, was really my point. Neither does Dawes.

We would be well served to have another super tall or 'pack marking' option that can play within the forward 50 at times, in addition to Gawn.

I haven't seen any discrepancy regarding Hogan's height, only McCartin's. As for the latter, I can only go off the AFL's most recent stats, which lists him at 194 cm. I'm not sure where the OP sourced their stats.

Btw, I think you overstate the high leaping bit, which Howe does effectively anyway (returning to the forward-line). Who is Hawthorn's high leaping forward ? Gunston is super smart and Roughead plays the key forward role well. Key forwards rely on their smarts, team play, leading patterns, strong hands, pack marks, aggression, free kicks, etc.

GEgGzP1.jpg

Interesting you call Shane Yarran a kid when he is 25, also think Eagles would consider Deluca over Abbott but 50/50 and will go Clem Smith if available late. Mitch McGovern in rookie draft IMO. This is a good phantom draft haven't just copied others though nice one

Excellent work Snoop Dog you seem to really know your stuff and have obviously done your home work. Love the fact you have gone deep into the Rookie draft. Miller-lewis going to the Eagles would be brilliant for them, such a great kid with massive upside also Brad Walsh to Richmond would be so good for the Tigers he is such a brilliant leader that is ready to go round 1 also another with plenty of upside in him

I haven't seen any discrepancy regarding Hogan's height, only McCartin's. As for the latter, I can only go off the AFL's most recent stats, which lists him at 194 cm. I'm not sure where the OP sourced their stats.

Btw, I think you overstate the high leaping bit, which Howe does effectively anyway (returning to the forward-line). Who is Hawthorn's high leaping forward ? Gunston is super smart and Roughead plays the key forward role well. Key forwards rely on their smarts, team play, leading patterns, strong hands, pack marks, aggression, free kicks, etc.

GEgGzP1.jpg

If McCartin is indeed 194cm, I would be very happy - although I would also be surprised.

Perhaps I'm overstating the high leaping thing - but my point is more that I don't think any of Hogan, McCartin or Dawes are particularly strong pack markers.

They won't be out marked too easily though I guess, which is the main thing.

nah i wasn't that rapt with it either but interestingly I was a bit drawn to him when he spoke about why he wanted to come. He has also played v well against us but to me its an admission Young has been a failure and given Varcoe run with injuries he can't be relied on. Also think he gets in the way of kids and I just think the club should say we are going to invest in kids and not rejects from other clubs. Pretty clear to me Cats wanted Varcoe about as much as Hawks wanted Young.

I think that is a bit harsh on him. He was pretty good in the first half of the season and lead us in metres gained by a fair margin. Slowed down in the second half a bit and dropped an important mark but he what he gave us was run and carry and raking long kicks which is why we got him in the first place.

If McCartin is indeed 194cm, I would be very happy - although I would also be surprised.

Perhaps I'm overstating the high leaping thing - but my point is more that I don't think any of Hogan, McCartin or Dawes are particularly strong pack markers.

They won't be out marked too easily though I guess, which is the main thing.

What ? I thought you'd be more familiar with Hogan; and contested marking is one of McCartin's strengths.

L4Of0wk.jpg
GEgGzP1.jpg

The great cats wingman Mickey Turner is 183 cm, while Hugh Goddard is 196 cm. The top of Turner's head doesn't quite reach McCartin's eyes.

There's no question that McCartin is at least 193 cm and in all likelihood 194 as recently reported.

What ? I thought you'd be more familiar with Hogan; and contested marking is one of McCartin's strengths.

L4Of0wk.jpg
View attachment 92447

The great cats wingman Mickey Turner is 183 cm, while Hugh Goddard is 196 cm. The top of Turner's head doesn't quite reach McCartin's eyes.

There's no question that McCartin is at least 193 cm and in all likelihood 194 as recently reported.

McCartin is an excellent 1 on 1 contested mark. Very, very good. I'm not convinced that he's going to clunk many 3 deep though.

Hogan is a lead up. Obviously he's an elite prospect so its not like he can't take a good grab - but he's no Wayne Carey when it comes to a long bomb to a 5 man contest.

Goddard is crossing his legs in that shot - and still looks 5cm taller! Anyway I don't know McCartins height - I'm just saying he doesn't play particularly tall if he is indeed 194cm.

McCartin is an excellent 1 on 1 contested mark. Very, very good. I'm not convinced that he's going to clunk many 3 deep though.

Hogan is a lead up. Obviously he's an elite prospect so its not like he can't take a good grab - but he's no Wayne Carey when it comes to a long bomb to a 5 man contest.

Goddard is crossing his legs in that shot - and still looks 5cm taller! Anyway I don't know McCartins height - I'm just saying he doesn't play particularly tall if he is indeed 194cm.

Goddard's left leg is locked stiff, you know, the one propelling him to full height. Do me a favour, grab a tape and get someone to measure the bottom of your eyes to the very top of your head, it may help you find the 10-11 cm that McCartin has over the 183 cm Turner.

Hogan is a fantastic lead up CHF, but he also takes the ball at its highest point and is adept at marking contested "long bombs", as evidenced when he kicked 6 goals for Casey against the Bullants.

You might even wait to see what he can do at AFL level, before announcing what he can't, especially when I doubt you've seen him play live.

Goddard's left leg is locked stiff, you know, the one propelling him to full height. Do me a favour, grab a tape and get someone to measure the bottom of your eyes to the very top of your head, it may help you find the 10-11 cm that McCartin has over the 183 cm Turner.

Hogan is a fantastic lead up CHF, but he also takes the ball at its highest point and is adept at marking contested "long bombs", as evidenced when he kicked 6 goals for Casey against the Bullants.

You might even wait to see what he can do at AFL level, before announcing what he can't, especially when I doubt you've seen him play live.

Um, I wasn't trying to have an argument about it.

Just my thoughts as to why some people may consider them too similar (which I don't).

But yeh I'll go find tape measure and get someone to measure my eyes and forehead and stuff - and come back to you ASAP. Just wait here...

I think he could because i think he is that bracket between 30-50 and I have him at the top of that range. I don't think he goes before 30 and of course others will slide down so he is a chance but I would think he will be gone between 30-40.
Thanks for the reply SD!

I personally want:

1. Petracca

21. Blakely

22. Neal Bullen

41. Gore

Thanks for the reply SD!

I personally want:

1. Petracca

21. Blakely

22. Neal Bullen

41. Gore

I can't see saints taking 3 mids and a small mid/defender. Especially because blakely and neal bullen are similar in the fact that there both inside contested ball winners who don't have great breakaway speed. We already have a few young mids like this such as seb Ross, tom curren, Luke dunstan and mav weller. I'd like to see pick 21/22 used on a more polished outside mid such as GARLETT or Ellis if he slides as well as a key position player such as Tyler keitel if he's a available at pick 41. This would give us:
1- petracca
21-Ellis/GARLETT
22-neal bullen/blakely
41-keitel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh I'll go find tape measure and get someone to measure my eyes and forehead and stuff - and come back to you ASAP. Just wait here...

OK. That one may be too high brow for you. Instead try this...

Pick the mid point between 183 cm and 196, which is ... drum roll ... 189.5 cm. For the sake of the argument let's say 190 cm. This is the exact(ish) mid point between Turner and Goddard. Does McCartin look to be that mid point ? Does he look to be halfway between Turner and Goddard ? Or does he look much closer to Goddard's height ?

You can do this...

You got Jordan De Goey going straight after Richmonds pick at 12. You say that Richmond have openly stated they're after mids but don't mention that they could look at De Goey there.
Have you heard they're not interested or is it an over sight or do you think they rate Duggen higher then De Goey?

My tone is somewhat maniacal, because I'm a tad over this BS about McCartin's height. He's between 193-194 cm. Plenty tall enough, if he's good enough, especially with his style of play.

Because that's what he is listed as? Jackson Paine was listed at 194cm once it isn't always accurate.

Because that's what he is listed as? Jackson Paine was listed at 194cm once it isn't always accurate.

I have no reason to doubt it. He was listed as 192 cm as a bottom-ager last year, so it's hardly incongruous to think he's grown a cm or 2.

The photo I posted above also gives a clear indication he's well over the midpoint between Turner and Goddard. it's patently obvious.

I have no reason to doubt it. He was listed as 192 cm as a bottom-ager last year, so it's hardly incongruous to think he's grown a cm or 2.

Jackson Paine was once listed at 194cm. But on the field he definitely didn't look it. It turns out now he is actually 192cm which is what he is currently listed as. I haven't seen McCartin on field but from what I hear is he looks smaller than 194cm, Its not impossible that he is listed incorrectly.

The photo I posted above also gives a clear indication he's well over the midpoint between Turner and Goddard. it's patently obvious.

That photo Goddard isn't standin up straight and looks a couple of centre metres taller than McCartin.

Jackson Paine was once listed at 194cm. But on the field he definitely didn't look it. It turns out now he is actually 192cm which is what he is currently listed as. I haven't seen McCartin on field but from what I hear is he looks smaller than 194cm, Its not impossible that he is listed incorrectly.

That photo Goddard isn't standin up straight and looks a couple of centre metres taller than McCartin.

Goddard's left leg is locked, which gives him his height. And he is 2 cm taller than McCartin. But because Paine's height was incorrectly listed McCartin's must be too.

Either way, McCartin is clearly much closer to Goddard's height, which means he must be around 193, because he's certainly considerably taller than the midpoint between the two, which is 190.

Don't know if this has been posted here. But the word is GWS are fairly committed to Pickett probably at 4 because Collingwood may be interested and Goddard. Looking for an on-baller with the other pick.
I would take Blakely but Ahern has been mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back