List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we missed out on schache, and apparently this is a thing now.

On paper i get it, but **** me - he is a pea heart AND he is always injured

Is this a good idea or is Balme back on the cones??

Source or did you take heroin again?

Sen (brett anderson) and aw (kane cornes) were both running with it last night

Cornes more speculative, anderson suggesting more to come

No, at 31 years old, no does not fit the profile............but here is waht has been reported.

TIPPETT IN THE EYE OF THE TIGERS

By Kate Salemme

AFTER missing out on young Brisbane key forward Josh Schache Richmond should turn it's attention to a more experienced player to fill its key forward needs and Kurt Tippett fits the full according to Port Adelaide premiership player Kane Cornes.

The Tigers were considered the frontrunners for Schache before the former No.2 draft pick opted to re-sign with the Lions yesterday.

Damien Hardwick's team needs another key tall to partner Jack Riewoldt given Ben Griffiths's concussion battle and Todd Elton in and out of the side.

Cornes believes Tippett, who is out of favour at the Swans, would be the perfect fit.

"I think we forget, or we're quick to forget in this game (how good players can be). Last year Kurt Tippett kicked a goal a game, he averaged 25 hit outs, three clearances, 13 or 14 disposals," Cornes said.

"When he was fit and in form he was one of the premier ruckmen in the competition who could go forward and take a mark.

"Tippett as the second ruckman with Riewoldt in the forward line, I think it's a good fit.

"You're not going to pay overs for him like what Sydney paid to get him away from Adelaide but I think it works."

Tippett was dropped for last night's impressive win over reigning premiers the Bulldogs.

He has kicked just three goals from five games so far this season.

"He's having a really poor season by his standards, he's 31 years of age next month and probably still has at least one or two years of footy left in him," Cornes told 3AW.

No, at 31 years old, no does not fit the profile............but here is waht has been reported.

By Kate Salemme

AFTER missing out on young Brisbane key forward Josh Schache Richmond should turn it's attention to a more experienced player to fill its key forward needs and Kurt Tippett fits the full according to Port Adelaide premiership player Kane Cornes.

The Tigers were considered the frontrunners for Schache before the former No.2 draft pick opted to re-sign with the Lions yesterday.

Damien Hardwick's team needs another key tall to partner Jack Riewoldt given Ben Griffiths's concussion battle and Todd Elton in and out of the side.

Cornes believes Tippett, who is out of favour at the Swans, would be the perfect fit.

"I think we forget, or we're quick to forget in this game (how good players can be). Last year Kurt Tippett kicked a goal a game, he averaged 25 hit outs, three clearances, 13 or 14 disposals," Cornes said.

"When he was fit and in form he was one of the premier ruckmen in the competition who could go forward and take a mark.

"Tippett as the second ruckman with Riewoldt in the forward line, I think it's a good fit.

"You're not going to pay overs for him like what Sydney paid to get him away from Adelaide but I think it works."

Tippett was dropped for last night's impressive win over reigning premiers the Bulldogs.

"He's having a really poor season by his standards, he's 31 years of age next month and probably still has at least one or two years of footy left in him," Cornes told 3AW.
So one or two years left in him. .....pass...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will need to trade for him and pick up another year of his overpriced contract (so trade value could be lower?) 30yo 202cm 2nd key forward capable of rucking, contested marks and kicking 30 goals a season. Exactly what we need in our premiership window.
Tippett > Casboult > > Vickery > Elton

But will go to Gold Coast to cover the loss of Lynch. Tippet is just a smokescreen ;)

By Kate Salemme

Kane Cornes trolling Richmond again.

Kane Cornes trolling Richmond again.

My thoughts exactly, we aren't actually after him just Cornes making shit up for a story

Would only be interested if he cost nothing and Sydney paid 3/4 of his wage

Read the article, there is no source apart from Kane Cornes saying we should look at him.
Even if we were shopping for a FA tall/ruck, Sam Reid would be the obvious option, and I wouldn't be against getting him with the salary cap going up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back