List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still better than Griffiths or Elton and those saying Chol will make it, well I don't think so.
Still a massive no from me, but we need something, someone.
I still prefer Casboult, but his asking price is $700k.

IMHO this all makes sense.

With Griff down and Elton not looking the goods we need another mature KPF. Schache would have been perfect, young but coming to maturity. There isn't much else.

Now the Swans have too many $ on their payroll and 3 AFL KPF. They have one star (Buddy), one reasonable quality (Reid) and one old guy about to go BUNG (Tippet). They still have Tippet for one more year's contract on good $ (I read). If they trade out Tippet for not much (my old worn out gym socks and my old cycle jocks with the bum out) and get someone to take some $ of his contract they can keep Reid. And let's face it you'd want Reid rather than Tippet right now, and for the next 5 years.

For us, we get a cheap ruck/forward for 1-2 years.

Not the best solution. In fact it goes close to sucking hard. But if that is all that is available we would take it I suspect.

We've got a decent looking kid to put some muscle on in Chol, and then maybes. And Soldo to get fitter. So at the minimum we need someone to step up for 2 years until Chol can physically play AFL against 95-100 kg guys, and Soldo can run a game out.

If we can get a Nankervis type to slot in that would be great. But hoping lightning can strike twice is maybe a bit much. Although for a decent young KPF that is struggling to get game time we would look very tasty. You get to play AFL because we haven't got anyone else, and you get to play in top 8/4 quality side alongside Jack, with the leagues strongest squad of smalls around you.

Anyway, I can easily see Tippet getting a call up, because we don't have other options.

I'm a yes. Like everything else in footy the experts take what just happened in the last five minutes and extrapolate.
Tippet can play.

Can ruck better than anything we've got to back up Nank.
Can play forward and kick goals.
Uninjured he is very capable.
Straightens us up for 2 years while we develop a drafted kid.

Caveat, of course, is price and fitness test.

We see what happens in trade week. At the end of it we might take him when Sydney are desperate to unload.
What for? To park Peggy and Benny's cars?

How to Win the Off-Season Again: A Guide

Step #1: Re-sign Dustin Martin to 1.1m x 5 yrs

Step #2: Sell our 1st Rd pick (GEE) to GWS for Hopper or to Hawthorn for Jack Gunston. (Steak knives where necessary).

Step #3: Sign Sam Reid (SYD) via FA on no more than 700k (Which is only 580k roughly, prior to the CBA). Do not touch Kurt Tippett.

Step #4: Draft Oscar Clavarino (Dandenong Stingrays/VIC Country KPD, 194cm 80kgs, best defender in the draft) with our remaining 1st Rd pick. *Alternatively, if we have both our 1st Rd picks still, trade up to take Jarrod Brander, who will go anywhere from pick 3-7.

Step #5: Match Patrick Naish bid (somewhere around #20) with points.

I'm strongly against us picking up Tippett. If RFC considers it, they are making the mistake of trying to look good rather than win. Tippett brought in cheap ($400k and 3rd round draft pick on a 2 year contract) might look good in pre-season and on the "best 22" list. In reality, he's not the sort of player we need.

We need a key position player in the forward half, but
  • he does not need to take a lot of contested marks in the F50
  • he does not need to be a great kick for goal
  • he does not need to be 203cm (6'8'') and built like a gorilla
  • he does not need to be a good 2nd ruck
What he does need to be is mobile. He needs to be able to run and get to as many marking contests as possible. He needs to be able to sprint back towards our goal when we've got the fast break, and then he needs to double back for the easy chest mark. Most importantly - he needs to bring the ball to ground when we dump it on his head, so our small guys can go to work.

In short - I want Mark Blicavs. He's out of contract at the end of 2018, when I believe he becomes a restricted free agent. Geelong don't seem to know what to do with him, now that he can't impact ruck contests as 3rd man up. He can run all day, he's played 100 games, won their B&F in 2015, is durable and not too expensive. Incredibly, they have never tried him as a forward. According to this article, he is out of form and Jimmy Bartel reckons he needs to go down back (where they obviously have a few spots opening up for intercept marking players).

We should offer him a big pay rise, guaranteed game time in the forward half and lots of games at the (much bigger) MCG. I'd seriously consider a late 1st round draft pick and $700k per year on a 4 year deal. If we can get him cheaper, I think he could win us a flag.

Be bold Tigers!

I'd have Tippett on ONE condition.

He gets a 2 yr deal on absolutely no money as a stop gap because we're going to throw the ****ing war chest at Tom Lynch from GC during 2018.

Please no.

Tippett is one reason I will never 2nd guess out drafters.

In his year, I took close interest in the Juniors, and he was the 1 player I wanted us to draft. He had so much upside, started footy late, and the Basketball background.

I thought he would kill it in the AFL once he developed.

How wrong I was, has been handy at times, but he is a softer then he should be at his size. Oh well, IMO he could have been a lot more.

NQFloyT.gif
I didn't realise groupie_ wore glasses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm strongly against us picking up Tippett. If RFC considers it, they are making the mistake of trying to look good rather than win. Tippett brought in cheap ($400k and 3rd round draft pick on a 2 year contract) might look good in pre-season and on the "best 22" list. In reality, he's not the sort of player we need.

We need a key position player in the forward half, but
  • he does not need to take a lot of contested marks in the F50
  • he does not need to be a great kick for goal
  • he does not need to be 203cm (6'8'') and built like a gorilla
  • he does not need to be a good 2nd ruck
What he does need to be is mobile. He needs to be able to run and get to as many marking contests as possible. He needs to be able to sprint back towards our goal when we've got the fast break, and then he needs to double back for the easy chest mark. Most importantly - he needs to bring the ball to ground when we dump it on his head, so our small guys can go to work.

In short - I want Mark Blicavs. He's out of contract at the end of 2018, when I believe he becomes a restricted free agent. Geelong don't seem to know what to do with him, now that he can't impact ruck contests as 3rd man up. He can run all day, he's played 100 games, won their B&F in 2015, is durable and not too expensive. Incredibly, they have never tried him as a forward. According to this article, he is out of form and Jimmy Bartel reckons he needs to go down back (where they obviously have a few spots opening up for intercept marking players).

We should offer him a big pay rise, guaranteed game time in the forward half and lots of games at the (much bigger) MCG. I'd seriously consider a late 1st round draft pick and $700k per year on a 4 year deal. If we can get him cheaper, I think he could win us a flag.

Be bold Tigers!

I would rather play Todd Elton over Mark Blicavs; Todd Elton will not cost us draft picks!

Tippett looks like tarzan, plays like jane.
No thanks.

He was good at Adelaide as a ruck, so thw swans spent a fortune on trading him in a less than honest method and he's done nothing since as they tried to turn him into a forward as successfully as we turned townsend into a midfield bull . He was at the swans before buddy and was better off injured from his dismal efforts.

Swans are offloading excess baggage at a premium. Its a trade that only the swans and tippett will win. The receiver gets an expensive boat anchor.

The move would be identical to getting Vickery back off the Hawks.

I fear the need for someone in that position will grow over the summer as our final campaign will most likely end through a lack of CHF.

Quick kicks into the forward line without anyone able to take that grab will frustrate us all come September. lets hope that doesnt bring that desperate move on.

He's still better than Griffiths or Elton and those saying Chol will make it, well I don't think so.
Still a massive no from me, but we need something, someone.
I still prefer Casboult, but his asking price is $700k.

OMG!!!!! are you serious????

Casboult 700K!!!!!

I would not give Casboult 200K although I might give Tippett 200K

Just shows the lack of supply atm and we are ****ed if we jump at shadows like Pies with Mayne!!!!

WE NEED A MASSIVE STEADY HAND AND PATIENCE ATM!!!!!

Lets see. Schache announces he's re-signed late yesterday arvo all of a sudden we're linked to a big name who's spudding it up. Sounds legit. :drunk:

Yep. Lazy news media story.

Schache resigns with Brisbane, Tippett gets dropped by Sydney....2+2=nobody really cares, we'll run the story anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. So..... Apparently we are after..... tippett :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back