Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umps were fine, got a few wrong but certainly didn't favour either side.

Probably. But a couple of those ruck infringement frees really kept them in the game and gave them momentum. No excuse, but first touch out of the centre to that forward line killed us.

Don't get many better chances at as flag being 29 points up in the first quarter.

This is where people will say that we will be back, and no doubt we will. But making a GF is hard and we will fall away next year.

Yep no guarantees. The hardest thing about losing like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commiserations guys. You should be proud of the massive steps you've made this year.

Given the talent and age demographic of your list you guys are going nowhere. Big finals era coming up for Collingwood.

I swear, most of the supporters are looking more shattered than the team right now apart from a select few. I think we had our GF last week, there wasn’t much left

Probably. But a couple of those ruck infringement frees really kept them in the game and gave them momentum. No excuse, but first touch out of the centre to that forward line killed us.

its when the get the free kicks and where... plus the 50m ...

We exceeded all expectations this year either way. Feel sorry for Bucks more then the players.

Umpires did just enough at the right times to get the eagles the win.

Aish did nothing. Moore or Reid would’ve been much better in hindsight.

Pendles has lost his touch and should hand captaincy over to Adams.

Goldsack constantly caught behind kennedy. Constantly

Mayne was good, as was De Goey.

Grundy back to tapping to opposition.

Energy from last week just not there for long enough.

Feel so sorry for Bucks. Life is cruel...
It’s not hindsight! Everyone knew the strength of the Eagles was the aerial game. Yet the played Aish instead of another tall. Cost us the game and was clear since selection it was going to be our issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another day, another GF loss. That's four losses and one draw for one win I've lived through now. We were one goal away when we had it locked in our forward line with 4 mins to go. Kept kicking into WC players until Adams shankes one out on the full. That memory will haunt me. That was our chance. We couldn't do it. This is the worst I've felt since watching footy.

I don't think it was their talls necessarily that were the issue today - it was their run and clean use of the ball that got us in the end.

Our pressure game is a taxing one physically and the long period of dominance with no score in the second quarter combined with their long(er) period of dominance in the 3rd quarter when we were defending for our lives was probably what got us in the end. We were also as poor with our disposal as I can remember us being, but that was probably because we didn't have options pushing hard to presenting further up the ground.

As much as some people want to pan our effort, list composition, silly mistakes or performances on the day we were still in the game up to our necks for the full 120 minutes and gave it everything we had - you can't ask for any more than that.

p.s. the ball can **** right off - I can't barely remember the ball bouncing our way all day, it was either dribbling away when we needed it to pop up or bouncing 3m in the air and floating back the other way behind the Collingwood player when we needed it to dribble forward.

Last edited:
Losses build resolve. The experience is invaluable for a developing group. Massive big stage players discovered who will learn, just as the eagles did in 2015.

Richmond were one hit wonders.

Hawks experienced prelim pain to you guys and 2012.

Having said this sidey, pendles and Grundy should be devastated tonight.

The best must perform on the big stage and they didn’t.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back