Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just agreed with me.

They dominated in the air. And it was clearly the difference.

Kennedy, Barass, McGovern & Darling took 37 marks between them......

No I didn't. Nice try though.

For all that aerial dominance it was only just keeping them in it and it took hard running on the spread after they got that ball out of our F50 and clean ball movement to help find that winning score.

As the game wore on it was pretty clear quite a few of those marks you're so hung up on ended up being virtually uncontested from players also delivering the ball under minimal pressure, which is why I think it was their run and ball use which ultimately got us in the end.

Pretty heartbreaking. Bad luck to all my Magpie sisters and brothers.

Remember this is what makes us the strongest fans in the league, we only grow stronger from adversity, every loss grows our numbers, grows our love of the club and grows our respect for each other.

Let’s come back next year stronger than ever!

No I didn't. Nice try though.

For all that aerial dominance it was only just keeping them in it and it took hard running on the spread after they got that ball out of our F50 and clean ball movement to help find that winning score.

As the game wore on it was pretty clear quite a few of those marks you're so hung up on ended up being virtually uncontested from players also delivering the ball under minimal pressure, which is why I think it was their run and ball use which ultimately got us in the end.
So yes. They killed us in the air.

Enjoy your evening.

How about you piss off, I coped it for making a comment about the eagles big guys and how they would do well. Did they, yes so **** off and I’ll take a suspension for that thanks mods because I’m sick of the w***ers on here who won’t let you criticise the team or offer up an opinion that does fit their narrative.
So I’ll take the early plea for the suspension for bad language.
It’s all you ever do, shit can the side at every opportunity.

The 3 -0 in games us v them is the best marker in my view.
They won all 3, they were the better team this season, that simple.

Today we played better in the first quarter, clearly they played that bit better the next 3 quaters and hence the result.
Like Geelong 3 - 0 against us in 2011.

For some reason the last couple of years the Eagles just have it over us.

We just scrapped as best we could and was 1 goal to the poorer end of the scale.

They have the best group of talls in the comp. That’s why we lost to them each time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfield should be very disappointed with that performance.
Sier our best mid which is very telling.

Pendlebury, is seriously on the decline.

Next year? The competition is so close. I can't even imagine how we get there again :( Sorry not in a good place right now.

Yeah. Young side. Totally see us dropping our bundle and kissing the 8 after this heartbreak.

Thursday: We don’t need another tall. Stick with the system.
Saturday: they beat us in the air with their talks.

It’s tough to say we were wrong because if the ump pays the free and we chip it around and win. We look like we got it right. Fact is, it didn’t go that way and the eagles were the better team for the majority. So I feel you’re right. Moore was required in the backline. Just a few chop out spoils when their rucks were clunking them, or just a few chop out marks when they were coming at the end might have made the difference. They marked everything today.

Next year? The competition is so close. I can't even imagine how we get there again :( Sorry not in a good place right now.

I can imagine us doing well next year. This time last year I couldn't even imagine us in the finals. It f****** hurts to lose a GF, especially by so little, but I reckon we've built the foundation for something better.

Not going in with the extra tall was telling in that final quarter with Darling, Kennedy, Barass and McGovern taking 37 marks between them for the game and controlling the air.

The area the Eagles really got on top though was through the midfield with Grundy and Sidebottom well down for impact while Pendlebury and Phillips didn't have great influence either.

After a 5 goal start I thought this might be the beginning of a new Collingwood era but alas it was the same old shite and we were lucky to be within 5 points in the end as the Eagles smashed us for forward entries in the last quarter.

Another wasted opportunity.

P.S- Shoot that runner!

You can blame the runner but it wasn’t a smart kick.

So yes. They killed us in the air.

Enjoy your evening.

Sorry but it's still a hard no regardless of how firmly your blinkers may be affixed. It wasn't the difference at the death - their run and ball use was.

You enjoy your evening as well - well as much as any of us can at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back