So what was Wallaces "spin" after the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooh I dunno, maybe because a 60 point loss would be less demoralizing then a 160 point loss?

You obviously don't understand the finer points of tanking.

Chances are the Demons and Richmond will go winless all season and therefore Richmond need to get their percentage as low as possible.

yeah he did blame alot of the players like deledio
said he gave them the chance to prove themselves and didnt
said about being a very young team
said he may make massive changes for next week or none at all to see if this team tonight we show something

He felt they were an experienced, tall defender short.

One would have been handy for Hawkins, Mooney or Ablett. They don't grow on trees though, especially blokes who have played alot of footy.

Here is a good template for a statement:

"As you are aware we should have been out of the country for the past month undergoing treatment for a number of team issues including uselessness as a result of poor long term planning.

"Our treatment is an ongoing process and we have many challenges ahead of us that we need to overcome as part of our recovery to being capable of playing football at a level so that it can be recognisable as such.

"We will continue our treatment on match day as out-patients for at most the next sixteen weeks.

"Part of that treatment will require us, from time to time, to be flogged unmercifully.

"We will not act on the advice of our long suffering supporters, we look at this very positively and recognise that we have been privileged to be given that opportunity to be actually allowed on an AFL ground in the first place.

"We apologise to Richmond, sponsors, the AFL, the community and humanity at large for our lamentable actions.

"We are sorry that we have disappointed many people who have supported us in the past twenty-six long, dark years.

"We want to acknowledge the tremendous support that we have received from our families, my very good mates in the media, and many others.

"We know that in order to play recognisable football again, we will have to be accepted back by the staff of Channel Seven, Ten, Foxtel and the AFL and are willing to fulfil any obligations imposed on us.

"At the present time, we do not know when we will be able to attempt to even think about winning again, our priority is to regain our athletic ability, our supporters and any respect we may once have had.

"We want to thank the community at large for their support, their encouragement and understanding, which has assisted us and been very much appreciated.

"We would like everyone – if they can – to respect our privacy and not dump loads of chicken shit on our doorstep while we continue scratching our heads in utter confusion and meet the significant challenges that lie ahead to attempt to resemble a football club. Thank you."

If he talks to West Coasts spin department he may be able to get 60k and a trip to LA out of this. Heard there is really good solariums over there! Ask Forest Ben Gump Cousins.

From AAP tonight:

Coach Terry Wallace offered no excuses, admitting their effort was uncompetitive and at times laughable.

"It was one of the more difficult nights I've had," he said.

"That was purely the way it was going, missing targets, them running into open goals, us jumping into each other and the ball spilling and blokes running into easy opportunities.

"It was farcical at times. At one stage I had a supporter walk out in front of me and I turned around to my guys and said 'Can I go with him?'

"That was how it was at that rate. We're all feeling bad about it and unfortunately we've got to work through it and live through it.

"We can't rip up the memberships and go anywhere else."

It's time to move on Wallet, he let it happen, what is he trying to acheive? so when the tiges get beat by 100pts next week he can say it was a 8 goal improvement?

Remove this Banner Ad

So what was Wallaces "spin" after the game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back