So who is going to Melb v Carl next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Both clubs with relatively small core fanbases when things go wrong onfield. Dees are barely there and Blues regularly well below 20,000 against inter staters and of course they were below 30,000 at home to melbourne based opposition this round. It could be embarrasingly low.

Both clubs with relatively small core fanbases when things go wrong onfield. Dees are barely there and Blues regularly well below 20,000 against inter staters and of course they were below 30,000 at home to melbourne based opposition this round. It could be embarrasingly low.

Carlton have had a record membership this year.In the last 5 years they have broken club membership records on 2 occassions whilst it has been the worst period in the club's history.Get your facts right tiger.

So record membership twice during the worst patch in our clubs history means we have a small fan base when things go wrong? Yeah good one ;)

Carlton vs Brisbane at the Dome - 33,598
Carlton vs Adelaide at the Dome - 27,504
Carlton vs Adelaide at the Dome - 29,678

Not even close to REGULARLY below 20,000, the only game under 20k was against the Kangaroos at CARRARA.

Get facts right before you dribble this crap.

Not too bad considering our ladder position and position of the club over the past 6 or so years.

No way possible Carlton would want to win this one even though they are probably the better side! Put your hard earnt on the Dee's!

Could be a "lock in"
icon12.gif

Painful match! Carlton will be more calculating in their selections as they have more to lose (by winning). I'd expect to see a couple more debutants this round. Whatever team Melbourne put on the field will be ugly too. Fair dinkum, winning against a side that isn't anywhere near up to scratch would be hollow to say the least.

This will be bad for footy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the AFL should put on some free kegs and a barby out on the ground, and the game can go on around the punters, like an Easter camping trip, with all the goodness of a punchup when an errant kick knocks someones beer out of their hand.

Painful match! Carlton will be more calculating in their selections as they have more to lose (by winning). I'd expect to see a couple more debutants this round. Whatever team Melbourne put on the field will be ugly too. Fair dinkum, winning against a side that isn't anywhere near up to scratch would be hollow to say the least.

This will be bad for footy...

Melbourne Could easily justify not picking players who have been injured. Neitz and Sylvia both got injured last week there outs. We can bring in Warnock and hmmmm Bizzell to play his last game.

I agree this could turn real ugly. especially If Richmond win.

I think I will go and just sit there. not barrack. I dont want to win more to deny Carlton Pick 1 than anything. but hey they may waste it on another Gibbs

This game needs an eccentric billionaire to put a $1m purse on the line for the winners, that might put a cat amongst the pigeons and save this match. Can't say I would balme Carlton ro Melbourne for tanking this one..the season is gone, and all they have to gain by winning is a reduced position in the draft. Taking for weeks on end is garbage in my view, but in this game, there really is little incentive to win.

What does the snow report look like?

Tribunal penalties this week will involve watching this match.

All prisoners displaced in NSW for APEC security reasonswill be held at the ground.

Vlad's birthday dinner also on in the function rooms.

I reckon it will be a rip snorter of a game .... who ever loses doesn't get a priority pick!

I hope its a draw then both are on 4 wins 1 draw and no priority pick!

If Richmond beat St. Kilda, then I'm coming to the game with my friends Nikolay Davydenko and Hansie Cronje. It'll be like Weekend at Bernie's, just with wooden spoons!

Do some research.
We've just recorded our record membership this year, and this is coming on the back of back-to-back spoons.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who is going to Melb v Carl next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back