Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Here are a few assistant coaches going around at the moment. Plus a few others. What do you think?

• Scott Burns (Crows)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Blake Caracella (ESS)

Votes: 21 11.6%
  • Justin Leppitsch (Filth)

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Josh Fraser (Filth)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Josh Carr (Port)

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Brendon Lade (Dogs)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Kade Simpson (Hawks)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Nigel Lappin (Geelong)

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Dean Cox (Swans)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Adam Yze ( Melb)

• Don Pyke

Votes: 45 24.9%
  • Chocco Williams

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Nathan Buckley

• Ken Hinkley

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Stuart Dew

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Leon Cameron

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 40 22.1%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Brent Momgomery

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kade Simpson at Hawks apparently doing well. Like to see him back at Blues
Adrian Hickmont the same
Nigel Lappin has good reputation
Justin Leppitsch is highly regarded tactically
Stewart Dew available. Highly regarded as Asst at Swans before coaching GCS

I would love Adam Simpson as a development coach

I don’t want him gone nothing to be gained I want better assistant coaches, some senior ones, hamil & Russell don’t do a lot for me. Have a look at McRae he has Lepitch and Bolton, Longmire at Sydney has Leon Cameron, injury management has certainly not helped. We were flying early on when everyone was okay. So much has to go right but so much has gone wrong

Kade Simpson at Hawks apparently doing well. Like to see him back at Blues
Adrian Hickmont the same
Nigel Lappin has good reputation
Justin Leppitsch is highly regarded tactically
Stewart Dew available. Highly regarded as Asst at Swans before coaching GCS

I would love Mark Williams as a development coach
Yes !

can we reduce number of coaches assisstants?

i saw a gizzillion of them in the coaches box today and no idea what they were doing because on field we did not resemble a footy game
A friend of mine who barrack for Carlton reckons players across-the-board overcoached coaches for this coaches for that

I don’t want him gone nothing to be gained I want better assistant coaches, some senior ones, hamil & Russell don’t do a lot for me. Have a look at McRae he has Lepitch and Bolton, Longmire at Sydney has Leon Cameron, injury management has certainly not helped. We were flying early on when everyone was okay. So much has to go right but so much has gone wrong

Bolton and Cameron are heads of football departments not coaches

I think the way we play contributes to this. We don’t get anything easy, it’s all brutal and contested. Compounded by the injuries we then keep picking the same banged up guys.

Have been making this point in other threads.

We have been asked to play a brutal, contested brand of football to mask some list deficiencies' in pace and ball use.

It's not sustainable with this group of players (maybe any group ??). It's like asking middle-weights to box at heavy-weight.

It's twice now we have hit the wall - 2022 and now 2024.

We have two big key forwards and yet grind our way through contests after contest.

I think Voss will stay but seems he is more an NFL style player manager in which case we need to surround him with an experienced football manager (e.g Adam Simpson) and some tactical nouse.

Keep Voss as the man manager senior coach. Invest in the assistants.

Hamill, Russell and Clark aren't it. What success have those blokes been a part of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jordan Russell our forward coach?

What does he know about the forward line?

Every NFL Head Coach (take that phrase in) manages from the sideline. For a reason, to get immediate response from players. They have Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Co-ordinators watching and running the plays from above. Voss is perfect on the boundary, he's not a barracker like Fly, he's watching and nourishing :sick:, what he needs is a tactician like Simpson/Leppich/Noble coaching from above.
In fact I struggle to think of any professional sport where the coach sits above the players, EPL, NBA etc

I still smh knowing Jordan Russell is our fwd coach .... Like how? Why? Development coaching seems to be an issue too....put a broom through the lot.

Keep Voss and get some decent assistants in the box...

Reminder we have the 2nd best scoring output of any team in the comp. Our issue is on the defensive side of the ball and just straight up dogshite small forwards who do nothing up the ground.

Mm how much can we attribute to coaching, and how much to having 2 generational key forwards in the same F50?

McRae, Leppitsch and Bolton are a circus, Graeme Wright is very sadly missed in there I can tell you.

;)

First person who should follow Russell out is Brad Lloyd.

Brett Ratten will never coach AFL again got be realistic here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Back