Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A-League 2011/2012 Kits

Yes, Bolton's kits definitely have high quality, but that's probably because they're in a high quality league.
Adidas Chelsea replicas are no worse quality than Adidas Sydney replicas. I just think it's some sort of negligence, or something.

Yeah, Reebok were deplorable. Their Bolton kits, although bad from a design perspective, have a high quality.

The A-League Reebok tops were badly cut. From what I understand, the sizing was bad as well. An S was the equivalent to a regular L. The kids sizes also had crests the size of 20 cent pieces.

Yeah the guy who runs Football World in Richmond, pretty much said Reebok didn't give a shit about the A-League. They were just there to make some cash and then piss off. It's ironic because their lack of care cost them the cash they were after.

Yeah the guy who runs Football World in Richmond, pretty much said Reebok didn't give a shit about the A-League. They were just there to make some cash and then piss off. It's ironic because their lack of care cost them the cash they were after.
I think they just overestimated the power of the league. It was easy to get swept up into the hype. Six years for them meant the biggest six years in terms of interest, thus shirt sales (I suppose).

At the same time, the designs weren't that bad. In retrospect, they were much nicer than the Bolton Wanderers shirts that rivalled them in the timeframe.

The Reebok A-league shirts were stupidly sized. I remember comparing them to the Man City Rebook shirts I have and being shocked at the quality difference.

Adidas sizing is so much better.

Okay, so we've all discovered the beauty of the IP Australia website.

Interesting to notice a few team names being lodged

West Sydney FC
Sydney West

Sporting Melbourne FC
Melbourne Revolution
Melburnians

A-League All Stars

Okay, so we've all discovered the beauty of the IP Australia website.

Interesting to notice a few team names being lodged

West Sydney FC
Sydney West

Sporting Melbourne FC
Melbourne Revolution
Melburnians

A-League All Stars

If I remember correctly the Melbourne ones were part of the shortlist for the Heart's name, when that project was starting out.

Yeah, Melburnians, Sporting Melbourne, Royal Melbourne, and Melbourne Athletic were heavily rumoured. Never knew about Revolution.

Yeah, Melburnians, Sporting Melbourne, Royal Melbourne, and Melbourne Athletic were heavily rumoured. Never knew about Revolution.

Apparently, well according to Wikipedia anyway, Revolution was pretty close to getting up. I guess that would have created another blue team, which isn't what they wanted. Although revolution and red do go together, perhaps a bit Russian for the A-League's liking though.

I thought it was funny how they had a contest with fans suggesting names then eventually scrapped it to stay with the "working title" of Heart.

West Sydney = Sydney Rovers, which died before it even began.

Hey guys, I'm trying to make every world cup teams kits for WC 2010. Can I post my attempts in here, or should I start a new thread??

I'll post one in here first. They're all in alphabetical order. Starting with Algeria:

nvtpg8.png

Some aren't quite perfect.

Hey guys, I'm trying to make every world cup teams kits for WC 2010. Can I post my attempts in here, or should I start a new thread??

Start a new thread. There'll be more discussion of the A-League stuff when the season kicks off, easier to split your stuff out now than have it drowned out by the original topic when it gets going again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread should be fine, and I could change the OP to cover soccer kits in general.

Hopefully we can start up a new thread soon about the A-League Kit Guide, as I think it will get the interest flowing. There are a heap of initial posts about half way through the Q&A thread, and it would be great if you could merge those into a new one Doc :thumbsu:

There are also a heap of relevant posts in this thread too, that could go well in the new one. Don't wanna make too much work for you though.

If anything Andonis, you could use your time by helping a few of us guys out in researching A-League kit history for the upcoming guide. :)

If anything Andonis, you could use your time by helping a few of us guys out in researching A-League kit history for the upcoming guide. :)

I wouldn't mind helping you Gibbsy. I can start now if you want? Starting with the Knights :p is this for earlier kits, or for 2011-2012?

I'm more than happy to help out as well. What were you guys thinking of doing? New kit ideas or history of the kits?

I'm more than happy to help out as well. What were you guys thinking of doing? New kit ideas or history of the kits?

History of the kits, along the same lines as Historical Kits (a well-known kit history website much like footyjumpers.com). There are a few guys on here who are amazing with recreating kits in Photoshop, and the fact that Reebok didn't use very many templates in the first 5 or 6 years of the competition means it shouldn't be too hard. The most important thing is getting the colours right, and of course accurate research. :thumbsu:

Don't know if any of you boys have come across the website www.aussiekits.com, they do very similar stuff. They also have the kit history of the old NSL clubs as well.

Stumbled upon that site when I was looking for a picture of the Brisbane roar kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back