Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A-League 2011/2012 Kits

Great site. :thumbsu:

Just realised that in the first season all the away kits were the same except fo the bits on the sleeves and the shorts.

I know this is A-League but I was just watching EPL Highlights on Fox Sports, I must say that Chelsea's Adidas kit is absolutely fantastic. Traditional, simple and classy.

I remember the Nix being very annoyed with Reebok's restrictive template. They had to have a majority of black, rather than the normal yellow and black scheme, that Wellington teams have.

I think it's about time that a few of the A-League clubs updated/modernised their logos. I think Adelaide, Brisbane, Newcastle & Sydney could take some inspiration from the MLS logos. All the MLS logos look fresh and modern, it's about time the A-League had a more modern look.

The Mariners one is bloody terrible. Besides the Brisbane one the rest are pretty good.

I don't think they need to completely redesign the logo, just sharpen it up a little. If you know what i mean ;)

The problem with a lot of the A-League branding in my opinion is that they are already too similar to the MLS, the last thing they need to do is try and be more like the MLS.

My favourite logo is that of the Vancouver Whitecaps.

vk6eh75qeug9nejz5g4k1evlo.gif

The utilisation of the iconic shape of mountains, and the reflection that creates V W is pretty smart.

There's been a push for Central Coast to adopt this:

resource.ashx

Mariners have a sponsor. It definitely improves the shirt.

ImageResizer.ashx

The Jets were the first A-League side to unveil a non-Reebok shirt. However, that was only from an ISC catalogue. They unveiled their shirt in the flesh today.

Hunter Sports Group is their sponsor, and it's not that awful. However, it would look much nicer with gold writing (to match the gold detailing, and should Newy get their way, gold numbers).

jetstop2.png

jetstop3.png

Mariners have a sponsor. It definitely improves the shirt.

ImageResizer.ashx

The Jets were the first A-League side to unveil a non-Reebok shirt. However, that was only from an ISC catalogue. They unveiled their shirt in the flesh today.

Hunter Sports Group is their sponsor, and it's not that awful. However, it would look much nicer with gold writing (to match the gold detailing, and should Newy get their way, gold numbers).

jetstop2.png

jetstop3.png

I'm glad their confidence was rewarded. I was getting worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite logo is that of the Vancouver Whitecaps.

vk6eh75qeug9nejz5g4k1evlo.gif

The utilisation of the iconic shape of mountains, and the reflection that creates V W is pretty smart.

There's been a push for Central Coast to adopt this:

resource.ashx
Are the photos there??

Lol not really what I meant. I just didn't think that non-BFSC users had the ability to upload animated GIFs. Makes me feel less special now. :(

If it makes you any better, I can only have 35x35 pixel animations, which sucks.

On the topic of gifs, how come my Walker GIF isn't moving like it should?

No idea, try the customer service board, or one of the ones under Not Footy Related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back