Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A-League 2011/2012 Kits

Newcastle's strip looks so good. Surely the best in the league. Even though there's a profusion of sponsors all over the shirt and shorts, it still maintains some cleanliness.

Gold numbers look really nice as well.

ezh6he.png

The cut of ISC garments is really good as well... much better than the old, baggy, ill-fitting Reebok kits.

Watching the game, and everything looks classy - very professional. The electronic boards certainly add to that.

Haha nice stream SA. I'm watching the Victory-Sydney FC game right now (in HD mind you ;)) and the Victory kit is predominantly white from a distance. Not really a fan of the white shorts.

As for Newcastle, they look very classy. Still a lot of gold in the crowds though, sort of like Freo it'll take a while for everyone to migrate to the new kits.

The Sydney FC strip looks fantasitc without all the sponsors logos. Much more professional and classy.

Haha nice stream SA. I'm watching the Victory-Sydney FC game right now (in HD mind you ;)) and the Victory kit is predominantly white from a distance. Not really a fan of the white shorts.

As for Newcastle, they look very classy. Still a lot of gold in the crowds though, sort of like Freo it'll take a while for everyone to migrate to the new kits.
Yeah we got our Fox cut off the other day, as I think I told you. I just miss Bozza, though!

There was a bit of backlash when Tinkler announced a colour change. Mostly from the hardcores. The gold wasn't awfully strong as a marketing tool, mostly because it wasn't striking, despite its individuality. Blue and red has a big history with football in the region as well. Certainly a nice move in my opinion.

I heard on the commentary today that Newcastle weren't getting the kit's until December. Might explain all the gold in the crowd.

I was at the game tonight and both kits looked good IMO. The Victory stuff has taken a while but it's grown on me.

The two ISC teams looked really good. Shame about the result though.

ISC are very, very good. Not up there with adidas but pretty close.

Amazing what happens when kit suppliers care about the teams they are supplying.

Heart looked great in the away with the red shorts. Might have looked better with red socks. Got my new ISC home the cut is a lot better than last years rebook quite impressed with this years kits only downside are the non-subliminated A-league and Melbourne heart logo.

Heart looked great in the away with the red shorts. Might have looked better with red socks. Got my new ISC home the cut is a lot better than last years rebook quite impressed with this years kits only downside are the non-subliminated A-league and Melbourne heart logo.

Very rarely will you find a kit with subliminated logos. Even Man U, Barca, etc. have their logos embroidered onto their shirts.

The only team that I can think of with subliminated logos is Gold Coast United.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so worried about those logo's but the sponsors logos should have been sublimated. I mean every team has the Hyundai logo, is it that hard to sublimate it? Also the PKF logo on the home shirt is a disgrace. They were sponsors last year, so obviously they've signed up for a while, why not sublimate it? Instead you get this dodge ironed on logo, that feels and looks really bad. Plus it takes over half the shirt, at least the away isn't too bad.

End rant.

What a joke this league is.
Sydney Dont even have a major sponsor. Melb victory away was released to retail stores for sale without a sponsor on it yep 2 weeks later sign a sponsor and still want $129 for them. . Looks bloody shocking
Central coast have hummel as sponsor wat the heck is that?

Only good kit ive seen
Is newcastles , fits in with knights in nrls colors and fits in well.

Imo sponsors make soccer kits look good. Aslong as it matches in

What a joke this league is.
Sydney Dont even have a major sponsor. Melb victory away was released to retail stores for sale without a sponsor on it yep 2 weeks later sign a sponsor and still want $129 for them. . Looks bloody shocking
Central coast have hummel as sponsor wat the heck is that?

Only good kit ive seen
Is newcastles , fits in with knights in nrls colors and fits in well.

Imo sponsors make soccer kits look good. Aslong as it matches in

'Nix, Adelaide kits aren't good enough for ya WCE?

Also, on the score thing at the top left corner of the TV, did anyone notice MHT had the numbers in red with a white background. Obviously to identify which team is which, but I was wondering if the other games had that? Was away :(

'Nix, Adelaide kits aren't good enough for ya WCE?

Also, on the score thing at the top left corner of the TV, did anyone notice MHT had the numbers in red with a white background. Obviously to identify which team is which, but I was wondering if the other games had that? Was away :(

Yeah, I think its a new thing Fox Sports are doing with their scoreboard graphics, looks terrible.

Fox seem to be upgrading their graphics across the board this year. Some changes have been good, some have been bad.

Sydney FC had a black box with a blue '0'.

And WCE, Hummel are pretty well known in footballing/soccer circles. They've sponsored some pretty famous teams over the years. Their 1980's designs for a lot of clubs (Villa, Spurs..) still remain firm fan favourites today.

Hummel even sponsored Richmond a few years ago.

In comparison to KooGa, ISC, New Balance, etc. Hummel are not a "joke".

Don't be so irrational.

Is the one of the first times sydney have worn their home against victory?

Wheres umbro or le coq??
Hummel lolol a sponsor that once had a few teams. Who in the world are they sponsoring atm??? Dont think any epl teams?? Bring back kappa and covo i say!!!!

I'm starting to think you're a troll.

Covo sponsored some state sides and NSL clubs.

Umbro negotiated with Perth, Adelaide, and before their demise, the Fury. It's not their fault or the league's fault or the club's fault - it was a financial decision.

Lol the amount of guys wearing Covo shorts around the outer suburbs is ridiculous :D

Remember that not everyone can sign Adidas or Nike. Victory and Sydney are the two biggest clubs in the league, therefore they get the highest profile manufacturers. Or something like that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back