Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah... I'm pretty Mitch Robinson is harder than Tommy Logan!

That is shocking! How could they do the worst thing in design?! Not good. Not good at all...

Beau Waters >>> Mitch Robinson

They don't wear soccer strips.

On topic, dudes.

LA-Galaxy-2012-Jersey.jpg

2012 LA Galaxy Shirt. Liking the return to a sash.

I don't mind the sash, but the rest of the design is complicated. There are trimmings toward the sleeve, and it makes the shirt have a box-y look.

The big stripe is nice but I don't like the small pin stripes at the sides.

A jersey I liked last year was the one of St. Pauli. just plain colour but shiny .

1fc-st-pauli-trikot-home-2010-2011.jpg

and if you turned it around it would have a print of the quarter of town , (for the 100 year anniversary)
1-fc-st-foto-bild-52298975.jpg

trikotpauli_DW_Spo_1171942p.jpg

trikots_hsv_DW_Spo_1161416p.jpg

These are the HSV ones, and I have to say that I prefer stripes to be a bit bigger, this one is nearly pinstripe on the right.

Wellington's "black out the heart" kit looks good :thumbsu:

Haha black out the ":heart:" Great pun! I love what we're wearing, looks great. I think they should've put an outline around the Phoenix logo, 'cause the head was clashing with the kit. We should wear that more often, because jeez that's beautiful.

I was wondering why no one mentioned anything about a third kit, but it must be promotional.

'Twas a great strip. Yeh it is promotional. Being sold off on trademe for a charity of some sort. Great win in a great strip in front of a great crowd. More of that please Phoenix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovely looking kit. My major gripe with the 'Nix various strips is the yellow. It's almost a fluorescent yellow, as opposed to a 'gold' (in which most sports teams seem to favour). On top of that, this shirt should've had yellow trimmings. It would've made the shirt look more Wellington, rather than a stock Adidas one.

Was this "Black out the Heart" marketed at all? If not, it was a perfect chance at marketing (something every single A-League team needs) that's gone begging.

Although the Heart probably went to NZ not knowing about this strip (like us all, it seems), I'd like to see more home kits being worn away. Almost every club refuses to don their home shirt on the road (when no clash would occur).

Game highlights (and the strip) is streaming here

images
images

Pretty sure Navy Blue and Black clash...

Because fleurescent yellow and black clash don't they :rolleyes:

Talking about how they played too.

Agree with SA. Gold/yellow trim would really top it off. Anyone notice the a league logo was on the right side (when viewed front on).

Because fleurescent yellow and black clash don't they :rolleyes:

Talking about how they played too.

Agree with SA. Gold/yellow trim would really top it off. Anyone notice the a league logo was on the right side (when viewed front on).

Oh, right... My bad. I didn't realise you were talking about the fluoro away...

flourescent yellow? you mean like BVB?
The good ol flouro jerseys of Dortmund in the nineties :D

(my primary/ and early secondary school time)
contitrikots.jpg

I quite liked the look of the the black Phoenix kit as well. Clean and simple.

I don't like there Yellow/Black Kit though

Looks very much like a template shirt and the A-League logo looks very messy with the black outline.

I thought the same thing about the black kit. Plain, simple, and bold. And TBH, I thought it was a training top :eek:

Even though it's another example of template copying, I think it suits Wellington.

The thing is, almost every single Adidas using club will get a template.

Regardless of who's in the team, the prestige of the league, whatever else. Adidas is unable to make enough different designs to cater for the huge amount of teams on their roster. Only their biggest teams will get new, exclusive templates every year (see: Chelsea, AC Milan, Real Madrid). Nike do the same.

So no A-League team will get a custom Adidas strip.

But if they go to Blades or ISC, they probably will.

Well I don't think there are many small clubs in Europe who have Adidas, . Many of them are big. and many of them though also have just classic lay -outs.

Well I don't think there are many small clubs in Europe who have Adidas, . Many of them are big. and many of them though also have just classic lay -outs.
Stoke City are by no means as small as Wellington Phoenix. But they use the exact same template. I'm pretty sure that design is from the teamwear catalogue.

Well, if that's the case SA, who's template does Sydney and Melbourne use?
I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of all soccer templates. But I'm almost certain other teams around the world use the same template as SFC and the Victory. The Victory one simply has a chevron adorned on it, it's not a separate base template.

dStoke's jerseys are basically the same as their club crest, so it makes sense.
Same with HSV they pretty much always played in a plain white/plain red combo. There is no need to do anything extravagant(like werder bremen, I think their design is a bit dodgey atm, and it wasn't a popular move back then when their kit colour were suddenly black green and orange ... (seeing as their is neither black nor orange in their club crest and that the combination is just stinking ugly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back