Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

dStoke's jerseys are basically the same as their club crest, so it makes sense.
Same with HSV they pretty much always played in a plain white/plain red combo. There is no need to do anything extravagant(like werder bremen, I think their design is a bit dodgey atm, and it wasn't a popular move back then when their kit colour were suddenly black green and orange ... (seeing as their is neither black nor orange in their club crest and that the combination is just stinking ugly.)
Well that's the same for Wellington Phoenix.

I don't actually understand what you're trying to say.

Do you mean a template is simple? Because that's simply not true. Templates are a stock 'look' for a manufacturer. They last a year. Quite often they're in catalogues, available for even your local team. A template kit does not equate to simplicity. Your points raised are poorly articulated.

HSV? You mean PSV? Or am I missing something?
HSV is Hamburg.

What I am trying to say is why worry with complicated or "creative" looking designs of jerseys when you have the most value for Identification when you are using a known 'classic style
Werder aren't sponsored by Adidas from what I know atm, and I think their designs have been rather bad recently.
I on't see anything bad if most clubs use templates.

Okay.

0,,10310~3276872,00.jpg

PA-12388474.jpg

A template in question is not 'simple'. Stripes are cut off, the colours only go up half way, there are splashes. It's not at all simple.

I think only Nike templates can be 'simple'. All the current Adidas ones are rather 'colourful'.

Lovely looking kit. My major gripe with the 'Nix various strips is the yellow. It's almost a fluorescent yellow, as opposed to a 'gold' (in which most sports teams seem to favour). On top of that, this shirt should've had yellow trimmings. It would've made the shirt look more Wellington, rather than a stock Adidas one.

Yellow trimmings would make it look a bit like a Wellington rugby shirt. And the less any sport has to do with rugby in a city somewhat disinterested by union, the better ;)! I prefer the fluoro to the gold, actually, its a bit different. Like in Auckland, where the cricket team wears sky blue but the other sports teams wear navy blue, with the exception of the NZ Warriors, who are exactly that, a club representative of all New Zealand (for marketing purposes only somewhat), the Phoenix wear the bright yellow, whilst the rugby team (the representative team, not the Wellington Hurricanes, who "play" for the entire lower north) and the cricket team wears gold (though the cricket team's strip also includes orange, so go figure!).

Was this "Black out the Heart" marketed at all? If not, it was a perfect chance at marketing (something every single A-League team needs) that's gone begging.

The shirt was never going to be on sale to the public from my understanding, no.

Although the Heart probably went to NZ not knowing about this strip (like us all, it seems), I'd like to see more home kits being worn away. Almost every club refuses to don their home shirt on the road (when no clash would occur).

From memory we wore our home in the game against Newcastle in Round 16, in which no clash would occur?

From memory we wore our home in the game against Newcastle in Round 16, in which no clash would occur?
The Phoenix are probably the best at having their away shirt as a true away shirt (the soccer 'away', which is like an AFL clash).

When the A-League and Reebok were creating kits and planning sales (before the start of season one), they wanted to have home and away kits. That is, a team will wear their home shirt whenever they play home, and their away whenever they play away. This was done to give exposure to both shirts. Through doing this, they hoped to sell as many home shirts as they would away.

From that, a culture emerged. It is still evident today.

Brisbane, Adelaide, and Sydney have all worn black strips when visiting Perth Glory. This is when orange, red, and sky blue wouldn't clash with the purple and white of Perth.

I think that adidas template looks really classy :thumbsu:

If the toon were still adidas I'd love them to wear something like this...

Adidas204-245.png

I think that adidas template looks really classy :thumbsu:

If the toon were still adidas I'd love them to wear something like this...

Adidas204-245.png

Damn I miss PS... Looks great. I can definitely see United wear that :thumbsu:

Leaked 2012/13 newcastle shirts...

newcastle-united-12-13-puma-home-away-third-football-shirts-leaked-a.jpg

newcastle-united-12-13-puma-home-away-third-football-shirts-leaked-b.jpg

newcastle-united-12-13-puma-home-away-third-football-shirts-leaked-c.jpg

Really don't know if I like them or not :confused: Then again, the final product may be complately different. The 3rd is almost as pointless as this seasons third.

The home one looks okay. I've always preferred a white-based Toon shirt, rather than black. But I've a feeling some ghastly details are hidden. The logo space is made by two black, horizontal strips. Yet the ends of those strips are angled. That theme continues. Toward the bottom of the shirt, two stripes are altered to look 'sharp' as well. The arm detailing could be very lame.

The third, as said, is even more pointless than the current third.

The new PSV home has leaked. According to the back sponsor, I now have a team in the Eredivisie...
psv-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-leaked-b.jpg

psv-12-13-nike-home-football-shirt-leaked-a.jpg

So it doesn't look like the Nike 'look' will change this season.

I don't mind it. The home kit is sort of Juve-like. Remembering that Northern Rock got bought out by Virgin Money so the sponsors area will look different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jagged stripes are totally detrimental to the history of the kit, in my opinion.

Imagine if Collingwood had arrows coming from their stripes.

We have to wear the fluoro a set no. of times each year to fufil a sponsors agreement apparently.

Maybe they wore the away kit so that they could wear the blue this Saturday?

Leaked 2012/13 newcastle shirts...

Really don't know if I like them or not :confused: Then again, the final product may be complately different. The 3rd is almost as pointless as this seasons third.

It's even more pointless really, as this season's one can be worn against teams in white or teams in stripes, but the halved one can't

Classic case of unnecccassary kits in tonight's game.

Melbourne Victory wore their fluoro kit. Gold Coast wore all white. The Victory could've gone in navy, with GCU in white. But alas...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/Footbal...260049359?subcat=1111112039253&site=FoxSports
I think it's pretty much established now there is a sponsors arrangement in place, like West Coast in 2011 (specifically last season because there was no 'swapsies' jumpers of previous years).

However, it of course wasn't truly a home fixture for the Victory. Some of these country clashes, Bathurst for one, have been completely neutral games... Adelaide claimed home rights (ie scoreboard graphic superiority) for simply arriving in the town first, yet were happy to wear thier change kit.

Additionally, while I liked the GCU white-blue-white kit at AAMI park earlier in the year, it wasn't exactly easy viewing with Melbourne having so much white of their own.

Will be interesting to see what happens when (if) the teams meet on the Gold Coast - yellow-blue-blue against fluro yellow-navy-fluro would surely clash, so probably a repeat of Wellington (ie white socks with regular).

Anyone know where to get the template the MK Dons use (pretty sure it's the same on the saints used for their training tops a while ago).

I know it's ISC :rolleyes:

It's not including in the pack I dowloaded.

423555_10150544258293663_49951383662_8822196_6268512_n.jpg

To think people complained about one-year kit cycles.

The last England away shirt came out no more than 8 months ago, I swear.

And some more national team designs.

France, Portugal, Brazil (already released, or leaked in HQ), and Netherlands home and away. The US home is here as well.

Fan of the France kit. Clean lines in a simple, but very effective, colourway. Adore the cuff detailing on the away strip as well. The home is no more than a slight collar variant on the current one.

I've never been a big fan of the recently recycled Portugal away. The colours seem a little drab. So it is disappointing that such an uninspiring, lukewarm design is being reused continually. The home is inoffensive. Is that a good or bad thing?

I'm quite a fan of the red and white hoops. I liked it when Sydney wore them for their QBE anniversary last season. And I like them here. The history of the sash means I'm personally fond of it. The design is strong, and underused in international soccer. To see it go (or take a rest) is disheartening. But its replacement has just as much class. I feel like I should hate the US away kit. The whole design, when looked at as a whole, reminds me of a College teams bomber jacket. But the ever-classy navy, white, and red just compliment each other very well. I really like the colour as well.

Huge fan of most Netherlands kits as well. A striking, classy, cool colour that instantly signifies the Dutch. I was originally unsure of the dark watermark, but I've grown to like it. The black strip is very tidy, despite my personal indifference toward all black outfits. The orange stands out a lot more against a (dark) background. So it keeps a degree of the home's individuality when away, whilst still serving its practicality as a 'clash' shirt.

Smart use of number positioning on the kits as well. Nike are keeping their strips clean and classy without being awfully boring. They're still nothing on the kits of the mid-90s, mind you.

This all comes as Archie Thompson announced he was yesterday modelling the new Australia shirt.

arsenal-barcelona-manchester-united-home-nike-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

Make of this what you will.

I've been following Football Shirt Culture for about five years. They've probably reported about three fake leaks in that time. Already the Man United and Barca tops have been leaked. But here, the full kit is seemingly on view.

I liked the United kit when it leaked, and I like it still. Very pure.

Oh, and yeah, the Arsenal kit.

I assume the black stockings are a mix up, which would mean the red United socks are supposed to be for AFC, and vice versa.

Nonetheless, the damage is in the top. Firstly, it brings in a third colour – black. We've flirted with gold and redcurrant in seasons recently passed. But when has black been so obviously used? I think back to those kits we wore in the 1990s. Some of them were very nice. But the black seemed to serve a purpose: It was a separator, a distinguishing splash. But here it seems to be utilised no real reason. Why must excess clutter occur on our sleeves? Why must it be black? The collar probably makes the black stand out a lot more, unfortunately.

The cluttering of our clean, distinctive sleeves is disappointing. It is a part of the Arsenal Football Club trademark. To have them be more like a half sleeved white patch is aggravating and disappointing.

But the Barca socks look very bland and of the wrong shade. Why would Nike be so inconsistent and allow an issue to occur (also note the wrong socks for Arsenal and Man U)? I really hope this is a rookie photograph and not something legitimate. Though I hope I am wrong, I don't think I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back