Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A-League 2011/2012 Kits

Background's much better Andonis.

I love how it say's 2004 on that Greek jug thing (I'm not exactly sure what it's called)

Oh, I thought it was one of those ancient Greek jugs. The Euro trophy would make more sense though.

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but do you have Greek background Andonis? Just wondering where the name came from.

Yeah, I'm Greek.

Andonis is Greek, Anthony in English.

Actually got up to watch the game at 3.30 :D

ah, ok. Nice touch though Andonis. :thumbsu:

Should this be renamed to 'Soccer Strips' or something. Especially considering Euro is coming up next year.

Posted in the thread on the Football Australia Board. QBE 125th Anniversary kit :thumbsdown:

eh0kuc.jpg

Posted in the thread on the Football Australia Board. QBE 125th Anniversary kit :thumbsdown:

eh0kuc.jpg
I think the Swans jumper has been the only decent QBE design. Why must they have a light blue colourway? I associate royal and orange with QBE. Considering the former is a Glory colour, why not have an orange shirt?

Yeah, I'm Greek.

Andonis is Greek, Anthony in English.

Actually got up to watch the game at 3.30 :D

How greek? By virtue of a greek grandfather I'd count myself as greek. That and the eyebrows, olive skin and thick black hair. I stick out in New Zealand with the pasty sheep lover boys :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How greek? By virtue of a greek grandfather I'd count myself as greek. That and the eyebrows, olive skin and thick black hair. I stick out in New Zealand with the pasty sheep lover boys :D.

Everyone in my family is Greek. Grandparents born in Greece, parents born in Australia, no monobrow or bushy eyebrows, olive skin, Dark Brown hair.

So, fairly Greek... :)

Hey! I don't have a monobrow. Just thick eyebrows. I'd stop short of saying they're like Dom Cassisi's :p. Funny how just a little bit of wog can tip my genetic balance though :D.

Wellington's kits looked fantastic on Saturday. Much better than the reebok makes.

Is that weird collar part on the normal Glory kits?

Unfortunately, I think it is. The collar might be a little lower in the top in the home. Haven't seen the away in play yet, so I wouldn't know.

Still, it's crap. :thumbsdown:

They never secured one; Bing Lee didn't renew their partnership. I too think it looks great. :thumbsu:

Odd that a big team like Sydney would have trouble securing a sponsor.

I reckon all teams should ditch the front sponsor and have it like the AFL.

Odd that a big team like Sydney would have trouble securing a sponsor.

I reckon all teams should ditch the front sponsor and have it like the AFL.
So the financial struggles of each club can be accentuated?

As ugly as it looks, each A-League team needs as many sponsors as they can.

I just don't think the SFC have that much of a sponsorship pull. Citibank offered them 1.7 mil for 4 years, but they knocked it back...

Looks ok.. but I couldn't see chest sponsorships working on a lot of other AFL teams, our jumper designs aren't as simplified as soccer/rugby to allow large sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back