Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

Arsenal : Should just stick with red shirt, white sleeves. They don't have to constantly change things.

Barca : Should just go back to the thick Stripes they had in 2009 ( not sure what year)

Man U :Looks alright, not great but alright

There has to be some degree of variation, however.

Having the same kit every year will detract from the club's income.

You can change kits consistently and still keep them classy. I thought Arsenal was going in that direction. Our last two kits have been great. And aside from the terrible 'without actual white sleeves' kit, we've had classy to okay home kits for 15 years. This latest strip is just horrifying.

On the A League logo and the United logo, the backgrounds (white) are embroidered and the rest of the logo is that felt material with a white outline around all the pieces. I have to get a picture on here. It's weird, because no other club has this...

EDIT: Here, look at all the the Adelaide United logos are shiny. They've embroidered the backgrounds of the logos in silver.
6126120408_03784fa072.jpg

arsenal-barcelona-manchester-united-home-nike-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

Make of this what you will.

I'd say we're onto an 'alternate sock effect' here mate. When releasing a new kit, make sure there's that extra little difference that the average punter can't put their finger on to make it look just that bit more cutting-edge...

While your point seems logical, i'd say it's highly unlikely the MU and AFC socks have been swapped... the shades of red in each shirt are quite different, and those stockings could only belong with the Fergie-homage Tartan strip. I'd say the dark detail you can see between the stripes would be the 'black' devil motif.

Why Arsenal have chosen black alternate socks this time is a bit beyond me. As you fully know, the usually red alternates are only worn with the traditional kit - Arsenal never interchange home/away elements. The Gunners have a pretty regular rotation between gold and navy away uniforms; however, black socks and shorts might be a player in a yellow away kit, due for next season. It would make sense if the effect was to have black as Arsenal's signature alternate colour for that season across the board, as we sometimes see with Chelsea.
A look on Historical Football Kits shows it's not a blast form the past, either - if anything, they could have been navy!

Similarly, this anomaly goes against United's usual white 'clash' socks (also worn in Europe full-time). However, it is hard to see this as part of a white or black alternate kit, which is always with black shorts. However, in Man U's case there is precedence: HFK says this red-white-red arrangement was worn in the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure what occasion it would mark though?

You can't deny the fact that beside the respective sleeves, the Arsenal's setup there is awfully Machesterish, and vice versa. But that's Nike, always pushing those boundaries!

With Barca, it's more plausible that those stockings are part of an away kit. I'd say in reality they'd likely be red; I'm sure Nike, however crazy, wouldn't let that inconsistency happen to their flagship team. But by golly is that shirt a dark blue for FCB's standards.

Hey guys, I recently received my futsal shirt from school (also soccer). I think it looks pretty good, was just wondering what designs you guys could come up with.

Our name is Rochedale Rhinos btw.

Front:
IMG_1151.jpg

Back:
IMG_1155.jpg

School sport logo:
IMG_1152.jpg

Official School badge:
IMG_1153.jpg

Sleeve:
IMG_1154.jpg

I'd say we're onto an 'alternate sock effect' here mate. When releasing a new kit, make sure there's that extra little difference that the average punter can't put their finger on to make it look just that bit more cutting-edge...

While your point seems logical, i'd say it's highly unlikely the MU and AFC socks have been swapped... the shades of red in each shirt are quite different, and those stockings could only belong with the Fergie-homage Tartan strip. I'd say the dark detail you can see between the stripes would be the 'black' devil motif.

Why Arsenal have chosen black alternate socks this time is a bit beyond me. As you fully know, the usually red alternates are only worn with the traditional kit - Arsenal never interchange home/away elements. The Gunners have a pretty regular rotation between gold and navy away uniforms; however, black socks and shorts might be a player in a yellow away kit, due for next season. It would make sense if the effect was to have black as Arsenal's signature alternate colour for that season across the board, as we sometimes see with Chelsea.
A look on Historical Football Kits shows it's not a blast form the past, either - if anything, they could have been navy!

Similarly, this anomaly goes against United's usual white 'clash' socks (also worn in Europe full-time). However, it is hard to see this as part of a white or black alternate kit, which is always with black shorts. However, in Man U's case there is precedence: HFK says this red-white-red arrangement was worn in the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure what occasion it would mark though?

You can't deny the fact that beside the respective sleeves, the Arsenal's setup there is awfully Machesterish, and vice versa. But that's Nike, always pushing those boundaries!
Yeah, I get what you're saying.

The changed socks does help distinguish between old and new kits. I discusses the tactic earlier. Arsenal released their current strip with red socks, yet white socks have completely replaced them. I can understand that tactic. But you should also attempt to make the kit aesthetically pleasing, as well as new.

Arsenal fans were upset when the 2008/2010 kit had more of a white strip than a white sleeve. Nike were basically seen as turning Arsenal into Man United. Can you imagine the uproar of introducing black socks? It's utterly disrespectful and absurd. Arsenal can have a different looking kit and still maintain red, white, and distinguished sleeves. Perhaps a folded white collar, a thick red strip down the side of the shorts, or a white 'side panel' on the shirt. These things wouldn't really detract from the 'Arsenal look', yet would suit Nike and Arsenal in shipping more kits.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the lighting has triggered this. There have been rumours that Arsenal's socks would be navy. We've worn navy socks a few times in the past. The Barca socks look very light. This would mean the cotton of the socks is perhaps showing up way lighter than it really is, whilst the polyester of the shirt and shorts is 'regular' coloured.

But then, the black on the Arsenal shirt is still evident. So perhaps that debunks my unlikely hypothesis.

It's just a weird set of circumstances.

Has anyone ever seen United wear red socks before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followers of Perth Glory on facebook will be well aware of the 'White Line Fever' promotion for this weekend's cut-throat match against the Roar, most likely a copycat stunt direct from Wellington's 'Blackout'.
430031_10150624994458960_57190873959_9067981_1233286487_n.jpg

After a fortnight-long leadup with copious spamming of my newsfeed with game promotion, I only found out today - in an ad in the West Australian of all places, and in a very small font - that it's in support of Children with Disabilities.
They're apparently giving away 7000 white scarfs (most likely 'terrible towels'), hopefully for a gold coin donation or something.

What this all means... well Glory will wear white at home for the first time in the club's history.

Might be going to the Glory game this weekend, despite having more of a soft spot for the Heart.

What are 'terrible towels'? I'm not really interested in gimmicky scarves, but I might wear my white Arsenal away shirt or something. We'll see how many people get into it.

Is it just me, or did stoke wear their 2010/11 away kit against valencia last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back