Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I think they all sounded similar to me because I didn't like any of them.
Whenever someone says "it all sounds the same" or "I found it boring", it's usually because they don't like it, they've switched off and they're not listening. It makes the initial criticism invalid. More accurate to simply say: I just don't like it, not my style, so I didn't really listen.

All blues sounds the same. All jazz sounds the same. All big band swing sounds the same. All rap sounds the same. All metal sounds the same. All punk sounds the same. All techno sounds the same. All classical music symphonies and piano sonatas sound the same

It just sounds the same to people who aren't into it and don't like it.

People always say every song by AC/DC or the Ramones is the same. I know what they mean, but it's a cliched criticism and it's horseshit anyway. I love the those bands and I can tell you what song of theirs is playing from the first few seconds. To my ears, all of their songs are distinct. As bands, they found their sound and didn't feel the need to use any gimmicks and make cosmetic changes for for the sake of change. Doesn't mean their songs are the same.

edit: shit, I'm repeating myself, aren't I? I've posted all this before... :(

Last edited:

Whenever someone says "it all sounds the same" or "I found it boring", it's usually because they don't like it, they've switched off and they're not listening. It makes the initial criticism invalid. More accurate to simply say: I just don't like it, not my style, so I didn't really listen.

All blues sounds the same. All jazz sounds the same. All big band swing sounds the same. All rap sounds the same. All metal sounds the same. All punk sounds the same. All techno sounds the same. All classical music symphonies and piano sonatas sound the same

People always say every song by AC/DC or the Ramones is the same. I know what they mean, but it's a cliched criticism and it's horseshit anyway. I love the those bands and I can tell you what song of theirs is playing from the first few seconds. To my ears, all of their songs are distinct. As bands, they found their sound and didn't feel the need to use any gimmicks and make cosmetic changes for for the sake of change. Doesn't mean their songs are the same.

I listened at work this morning. And I could definitely tell there were differences but yeah you're right, it's not my style and it's hard to focus on it if I'm not enjoying it. In fact, I have billied one of the songs.

Hahaha yeah you've probably said this shit before but all good :p

I listened at work this morning. And I could definitely tell there were differences but yeah you're right, it's not my style and it's hard to focus on it if I'm not enjoying it. In fact, I have billied one of the songs.

You're not alone, Hoos was bagging the shit out of those first 5 songs in the song review PM.

Stand your ground Porps they all sound the same, they're boring and don't tell me how to listen to the playlist campaigner.

Yes.

You were awfully harsh with your scathing comments. We told you to calm down, but your wanky pretentiousness was overbearing; and honestly, quite scary.
It must have been something to do with that plant based pie that I was forced to eat in some weird focus group.

And here comes the sooking.

Two days to listen to just over an hour of music and submit votes. If you can't be arsed doing that why bother entering a nom.
It's not as if it was only just revealed either.
I commend you on your hosting, Danny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heretic-1.jpg

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back