Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming in 19th with 4 votes and 0 Billys is: CHICANE - Sailing, as nominated by MP_

Coming in 18th with 5 votes and 1 Billy is: SOUNDGARDEN - Rowing, as nominated by Plugger35

Our Billie winner is Harvey!

Coming in 17th with 8 votes and 8 Billys is: POLE VAULT ARM - Pole Vault Song, as nominated by Harvey Manfrenjensenden

equal 15th...

Coming in 15th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: BECK - Pink Noise, as nominated by raskolnikov

Coming in 15th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: THE ESSEX - A Walkin' Miracle, as nominated by Fossie 32

Coming in 14th with 9 votes and 0 Billys is: MIDNITE OIL - Koala Sprint, as nominated by Tonga Bob

equal 10th
Coming in 10th with 13 votes and 0 Billys is: KELLY MORAN - Butterfly Phase, as nominated by Ocha905

Coming in 10th with 13 votes and 0 Billys is: FRIGHTENED RABBIT - Swim Until You Can't See Land, as nominated by the fly

Last edited:
Coming in 9th with 14 votes and 0 Billys is: ANBERLIN - Breaking, as nominated by spudmaster

Coming in 8th with 15 votes and 0 Billys is: JONI MITCHELL - In France They Kiss On Main Street, as nominated by Stokey

Coming in 7th with 18 votes and 0 Billys is: ANGIE MCMAHON - Divine Fault Line, as nominated by Ulahoopski

Coming in 6th with 19 votes and 0 Billys is: LINKIN PARK - Easier To Run, as nominated by por_please_ya

Coming in 5th with 20 votes and 0 Billys is: RAT BOY - I Wanna Skate, as nominated by hotchilli

Coming in 4th with 21 votes and 0 Billys is: DEEP SEA DIVER - Impossible Weight, as nominated by Lunchlady Doris

Coming in 3rd for the BRONZE 🥉 with 25 votes and 0 Billys is: SONNY FODERA - Mind Still, as nominated by Chipmunk

Coming in 2nd for SILVER 🥈with 26 votes and 2 Billys is: ARMIN VAN BUUREN - Ping Pong, as nominated by Callums_Guns

and the WINNER for GOLD 🥇 IN THE OLYMPICS SONG ROUND 2024 IS...
🥁
with 26 votes and 1 Billy is: CHRISTOPHER CROSS - Sailing, as nominated by Purple7x08_24

CONGRATS PURPLE and why don't we have the new theme yet?

5. Sonny Fodera ft. blythe - "Mind Still (1991 remix)" The best dance track that's been nommed in my time here. Perfect. Chipmunk 3rd
4. Joni Mitchell - "In France They Kiss on Main Street" Joni is a treasure. Stokey 8th
3. Rat Boy - "I Wanna Skate" My kind of pop-punk. Love the experimental flourishes. hotchilli 5th
2. Ultimuscoach - "Pole Vault Song" Shocked this was good let alone great. Harvey Manfrenjensenden 17th
1. tennis - "Borrowed Time" Love the transitions from dream pop to alt rock. Riviat 12th

Billy. Soundgarden - "Rowing" Last round this would've got votes. I've just never been able to appreciate them despite seeing them live.

HM's - Everything including the Billy.

Playlist rating. 10/10. First time I'd be happy for any song to win. An amazing playlist, thanks everyone.

Olympic Games5Tennis (Rick & Morty) RiviatBorrowed Time
4Beck raskolnikovPink Noise
3Angie Mcmahon UlahoopskiDivine Fault Line
2Ratboy hotchilliI just Wanna Skate
1Midnight Oil Tonga BobKoala Sprint
BPole Vault Song

Coming in 3rd for the BRONZE 🥉 with 25 votes and 0 Billys is: SONNY FODERA - Mind Still, as nominated by Chipmunk

Coming in 2nd for SILVER 🥈with 26 votes and 2 Billys is: ARMIN VAN BUUREN - Ping Pong, as nominated by Callums_Guns

and the WINNER for GOLD 🥇 IN THE OLYMPICS SONG ROUND 2024 IS...
🥁
with 26 votes and 1 Billy is: CHRISTOPHER CROSS - Sailing, as nominated by Purple7x08_24

CONGRATS PURPLE and why don't we have the new theme yet?
I thought I was on a winner but I think Plugger might have got me over the line

I've got a theme in mind but I'd like to hear some ideas maybe you've got something I like

5. Sonny Fodera ft. blythe - "Mind Still (1991 remix)" The best dance track that's been nommed in my time here. Perfect. Chipmunk 3rd
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Sonny Fodera - Mind Still - Outstanding electronica, bit of everything Chipmunk
4 - Tennis - Borrowed Time - new to me from an artist I'm kinda familiar with, right up my alley Riviat
3 - Angie McMahon - Divine Fault Line - ephemeral, ethereal Ulahoopski
2 - Rotboy - I Wanna Skate - great energy hotchilli
1 - The Essex - A Walking Miracle - feel good tune @Fossie

Could have selected several others, great playlist.

Billy'd the Pole Vault Song, but the eventual winner was close.

OMG Where is everyone, Ok, so I'm setting the theme

Cities/Towns in the Title, Artist, OR Album (Real places only)

No previous podiums and no songs after round 700

Nominations due 10PM Thursday night, Votes due 7PM Sunday Night

Oh and the song title cant be a "live in London" type song London Symphony orchestra is ok

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back