Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

How's it been Stokey?
Not a massive Paris fan so was dreading it a bit but the venues like the volleyball and tri today have been great. Other than tourists its quiet and not jammed onto trains or anything. Trying to find the venue today was mad. Just that French sorta giving a shit chaos rather than military precision youd expect from an Olympics.

5: Impossible Weight - Deep Sea Diver
4: I Wanna Skate - Ratboy
3: Butterfly Phase - Kelly Moran
2: Pink Noise - Beck
1: Mind Still - Sonny Fodera

Billy: Ping Pong closely followed by the Gold FM staple Sailing. 🤮🤮🤮

Coming in 9th with 14 votes and 0 Billys is: ANBERLIN - Breaking, as nominated by spudmaster

Coming in 8th with 15 votes and 0 Billys is: JONI MITCHELL - In France They Kiss On Main Street, as nominated by Stokey

Coming in 7th with 18 votes and 0 Billys is: ANGIE MCMAHON - Divine Fault Line, as nominated by Ulahoopski

Coming in 6th with 19 votes and 0 Billys is: LINKIN PARK - Easier To Run, as nominated by por_please_ya

Coming in 5th with 20 votes and 0 Billys is: RAT BOY - I Wanna Skate, as nominated by hotchilli

Coming in 4th with 21 votes and 0 Billys is: DEEP SEA DIVER - Impossible Weight, as nominated by Lunchlady Doris
Must say Im a little bit miffed my nom didnt go better. In reality its probably where I expected it to but there is way too much talent in that video, Mitchell, Metheny, Jaco to warrant 8th.

equal 15th...

Coming in 15th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: BECK - Pink Noise, as nominated by raskolnikov

Coming in 15th with 8 votes and 0 Billys is: THE ESSEX - A Walkin' Miracle, as nominated by Fossie 32

Coming in 14th with 9 votes and 0 Billys is: MIDNITE OIL - Koala Sprint, as nominated by Tonga Bob

5: Armin van Buuren - Ping
Pong Callums_Guns
4: Pole Vault Song Harvey Manfrenjensenden
3: Kelly Moran - Butterfly Phase Ocha905
2: Joni Mitchell - In France They Kiss On Main Street Stokey
1: Angie McMahon - Divine Fault Line Ulahoopski

BM: Beck - Pink Noise (Rock Me Amadeus) raskolnikov
myblueroan

lucy-ew.gif

BOTES

5:
Sonny Fodera feat. blythe - "Mind Still" Chipmunk
4: Deep Sea Diver - "Impossible Weight" Lunchlady Doris
3: Angie McMahon - "Divine Fault Line" Ulahoopski
2: Anberlin - "Breaking" spudmaster
1: Kelly Moran - "Butterfly Phase" Ocha905

BM: Beck - "Pink Noise (Rock Me Amadeus)" raskolnikov
Did you forget to record my Billy?! It said 0 billies for rask....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOTES

5:
Sonny Fodera feat. blythe - "Mind Still" Chipmunk
4: Deep Sea Diver - "Impossible Weight" Lunchlady Doris
3: Angie McMahon - "Divine Fault Line" Ulahoopski
2: Anberlin - "Breaking" spudmaster
1: Kelly Moran - "Butterfly Phase" Ocha905

BM: Beck - "Pink Noise (Rock Me Amadeus)" raskolnikov
Did you forget to record my Billy?! It said 0 billies for rask....
Yeah.
No, did record the billies...somehow they got lost in the final tally column. (Mentioned in a post above😄)

Last edited:
Let's see.

BECK got 5 Billies!
And the voters were very very vehement in their Billying!😛
por_please_ya raskolnikov

Still not as many as Harvey's nom got, but very impressive.😂

Last edited:
Must say Im a little bit miffed my nom didnt go better. In reality its probably where I expected it to but there is way too much talent in that video, Mitchell, Metheny, Jaco to warrant 8th.
I love the song Stokey! and young Jaco in the clip blew my mind. (Such a sad end..what a player!)
For me a few songs beat it by having stronger theme refs rather than a passing word. If kissing was an Olympic sport, I'd have put it 1st for sure!

Well...2nd.😛

I love the song Stokey! and young Jaco in the clip blew my mind. (Such a sad end..what a player!)
For me a few songs beat it by having stronger theme refs rather than a passing word. If kissing was an Olympic sport, I'd have put it 1st for sure!

Well...2nd.😛
I know its a new sport at the Olympics but still street is a legitimate skateboarding category as much as say butterfly is with swimming.

I know its a new sport at the Olympics but still street is a legitimate skateboarding category as much as say butterfly is with swimming.

This raises an interesting point - if your theme link is not obvious, are people missing it and it's costing votes?

Bit unfair if so, imo.

However I don't know how it would be addressed unless the host gives lengthy explanations as given to them, which is probably a bit painful.

This raises an interesting point - if your theme link is not obvious, are people missing it and it's costing votes?

Bit unfair if so, imo.

However I don't know how it would be addressed unless the host gives lengthy explanations as given to them, which is probably a bit painful.
Competitors shouldn't be voting based on what they think qualifies for the theme. Just trust the host that it qualifies. Vote based on how good the music is.

Competitors shouldn't be voting based on what they think qualifies for the theme. Just trust the host that it qualifies. Vote based on how good the music is.

Yes I agree, it's not really a factor for me - except sometimes I will give bonuses for a double theme link like mine last round ;)

Bit unfair if so, imo.

Probably does with some people [not me]. Explanations wouldn't need to be too lengthy apart from having to write out the whole list. Could just do the obscure ones for people's info maybe.

If they had ant races in the olympics this could be linked to last round

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back