Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Loonerty, Theme: Alliteration, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Think they've got it right with Cripps. Rather a bull like him or Bont winning over an uncontested stat whore like Naicos.
Nah they haven't. Ridiculous that he got the most votes ever. Not in the top 5 players this year.

Think they've got it right with Cripps. Rather a bull like him or Bont winning over an uncontested stat whore like Naicos.
45 votes.
Unheard of.
An incredible champion and so deserving of dual win.
Naicos broke the Brownlow record too.
Gotta be tough.

45 votes.
Unheard of.
An incredible champion and so deserving of dual win.
Naicos broke the Brownlow record too.
Gotta be tough.
Should have zero. Should have been rubbed out for the first (where he secured the win in the game he should have been rubbed out for) and won tonight with so far beyond the record that it's a joke.

A great player, sure. But he wasn't a complete record breaking great player this year.

Some good songs in that playlist as well as mine.

Still not as good as the song I nominated in the original Alliteration round though which should have won but finished third.

The Brownlow voting is worse than the SC voting!

They need to introduce billy votes for the worst players in games to make it more interesting.

The Brownlow voting is worse than the SC voting!
Harsh, I thought it was very astute of the umpires to give Harrison Petty 3 votes for a 13 disposal 1 goal game.

They need to introduce billy votes for the worst players in games to make it more interesting.
Los Angeles Drama GIF by ABC Network

Love the idea!

Harsh, I thought it was very astute of the umpires to give Harrison Petty 3 votes for a 13 disposal 1 goal game.
Haha that's half the fun of the Brownlow count I reckon - the wrap-up afterwards, going through and finding those WTF votes. There's always plenty to find too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps winning isn't the issue, it's the amount of votes he received highlighting a hugely flawed system.

The umps cotton on to start players that the media jerk off to and vote accordingly. I imagine this is how the conversation went after the Carlton vs Essendon game.

Umpire A: "So, who played well?"
Umpire B: "I dunno, wasn't paying much attention, I was too focused on yelling stand the whole time"
Umpire C: "That Cripps guy is supposed to be good, I assume he played well?"
Umpire D: "Yeah, he'll do"

Similar to the game N. Daicos got votes in a 15 disposal game he got subbed off in.

Cripps winning isn't the issue, it's the amount of votes he received highlighting a hugely flawed system.

The umps cotton on to start players that the media jerk off to and vote accordingly. I imagine this is how the conversation went after the Carlton vs Essendon game.

Umpire B: "I dunno, wasn't paying much attention, I was too focused on yelling stand the whole time"

Similar to the game N. Daicos got votes in a 15 disposal game he got subbed off in.
9bb929ac-9816-4708-b5e2-16f0ec1b6ffb_text.gif

I don't have a problem with Cripps winning the Brownlow but he didn't deserve to win it as easily as he did, he wasn't that good.

Umpires have too many stupid rules and interpretations to focus on now to focus on which players deserve to get Brownlow votes.

Now most of the votes just go to the biggest name midfielders of each team, ruckman, forwards and defenders don't get a look in.

The days of a key forward like Tony Lockett or a ruckman Jim Stynes winning a Brownlow are gone, that will never happen now.

I don't need to justify Crippa winning.
Would not diss Lachie or Bont or Sarong if it was them either. Green did really well.
Look out for Hawks in 2025. And Harley Reid!
Out of the favs, Crippa was the only one who put in a full years effort.
Whether due to their teams slow starts or not.
Crippa is certainly up there with one of Carlton's all time greats.
Just an amazing player.😊

My biggest issue was that TDK was so far and beyond the best player on the ground it wasn't funny yet didn't get any votes.

Don't care. Daicos, Neale, Heeney, Warner and Bont had better years
Heeney was the most impactful player by far. Had Warner and Gulden to deal with too.

He was my player of the year.

THis isnt Reddit.....back on topic

Going through my fav tracks on Spotify Radio and so much music completely untapped. Got some bangers coming

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Loonerty, Theme: Alliteration, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back