Song Contest Part XXII, Host: TubbsFarquhar, Theme: Artists From Your Generation, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Boted.

Surprised no one nommed this.

Billy went to the song that ruined one of my all time favourites.

That would've gotten votes, good memories of primary school discos.

Any song that trends on TikTok is an instant red flag for me.
Speaking of TikTok songs, Yaz's "Don't Go" would be perfect for the platform. Love it for 10 seconds but by the half minute mark I've had enough.

Boted.

Surprised no one nommed this.

Billy went to the song that ruined one of my all time favourites.

It was on the shortlist but wanted to make Stokey cry instead.

Speaking of TikTok songs, Yaz's "Don't Go" would be perfect for the platform. Love it for 10 seconds but by the half minute mark I've had enough.
I swear that main synth riff has either been sampled or featured in an ad campaign.

In 18th place with 2 votes and 2 Billies, Fossie 32 with The Move - Flowers in the Rain

In 17th place with 5 votes and 4 Billies, Plugger35 with You Gotta Move - The Rolling Stones

In 16th place with 8 votes and 6 Billies, the Billy winner, Tonga Bob with The Boxer - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

In 15th place with 8 votes and 1 Billy, Chipmunk with fred again.. - places to be

In equal 13th place wit 10 votes and 0 Billies
spudmaster with The Rumpled - Time To Go (when was the last time you didn't get a single Billy vote, spud?)
por_please_ya with Astronauts etc - Place With You

In equal 11th place with 12 votes and 1 Billy
Stokey with Men Seni Suyemin - Dance Is Life
Ocha905 with It Can't Come Quickly Enough - Scissor Sisters

In 10th place with 13 votes and 0 Billies, raskolnikov with Kate Bush - Moving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 9th place with 15 votes and 1 Billy, the fly with Keep On Movin - TH and the Boneshakers

In 8th place with 15 votes and 0 Billies, me with Hockey Dad - Still Have Room

In 7th place with 16 votes and 1 Billy, Lunchlady Doris with Crowded Rooms - Baxter Drury

In 6th place with 16 votes and 0 Billies, omgfridge with Broken Social Scene - Halfway Home

In 5th place with 17 votes and 0 Billies, Ulahoopski with Psychedelic Poorn Crumpets - Move

In 4th place with 18 votes and 1 Billy, TubbsFarquhar with Beach House - New Romance

In 3rd place with 21 votes and 0 Billies, Purple7x08_24 with Yazoo - Don't Go

Then we jump a fair bit.

In 2nd place with 34 votes and 0 Billies, Callums_Guns with Paul Pena - Gonna Move

And the winner, with 38 votes and 0 Billies, hotchilli with cleopatrick - hometown

5: Halfway Home - Broken Social Scene
4: Hometown - Cleopatrick
3: Keep On Movin - T.H. & the Boneshakers
2: Gonna Move - Paul Pena
1: Places to be - Fred again & Anderson Paak
Bill: New Romance - Beach House

I Like Yes GIF by Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

5. Kate Bush - "Moving" Don't usual reward already loves but this was a step above. raskolnikov 10th
4. Baxter Dury - "Crowded Rooms" Lunchlady Doris 7th
3. Astronauts, etc - "Place With You" por_please_ya 13th
2. Paul Pena - "Gonna Move" Callums_Guns 2nd
1. Psychedelic pr0n Crumpets - "Move" Ulahoopski 5th

Billy. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - "The Boxer" A terrible cover. This could be the third consecutive time I've Billy'd hotchilli oh no! Captain, my captain, I've failed you.

HM's. Yaz, Men Seni Suyemin and Cleopatrick

Playlist rating. 5/10. Liked the noms in theory but a few misfires and a lack of variety prevented the playlist from shining.

BOTES

5:
Men Seni Suyemin - "Dance Is Life" Stokey
4: Scissor Sisters - "It Can't Come Quickly Enough" Ocha905
3: Hockey Dad - "Still Have Room" Loonerty
2: Beach House - "New Romance" TubbsFarquhar
1: Yazoo - "Don't Go" Purple7x08_24

BM: Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - "The Boxer" Tonga Bob

No chance I have time to host this week sorry. Currently awaiting my flight back home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back