Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5: Chelsea Wolfe - Everything Turns Blue Riviat
4: The New Library Sound - Diving in the Deep pts 1 & 2 Stokey
3: Hermanos Gutierrez - El Mar Lunchlady Doris
2: Mr Probz - Waves MWPP
1: Above & Beyond pres OceanLab - Sirens Of The Sea por_please_ya

BM: Trouble - Porpoise Song Fossie 32

This theme has been tougher than I thought it would be.

I've finally found a song I'm happy to nominate, hopefully it gets the all clear from MWPP so I don't have to find another one.

Not sure of the palindrome in it but would have got my five

It would have got my billy even if it has a palindrome in it, surprised it would get your five when the Dogs play the Hawks tonight.

Surely you won't enjoy listening to that song if the Hawks win.

It would have got my billy even if it has a palindrome in it, surprised it would get your five when the Dogs play the Hawks tonight.

Surely you won't enjoy listening to that song if the Hawks win.

Steve Carell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of these songs was on my list.

I think we need to promote the SC i the music forum.

Wosh is it possible or ok to do one of those promotional type messages for all users in the music forums? I keep getting them for various threads on cricket and tipping etc.

I dont know how else we can keep this game thriving

One of these songs was on my list.

I think we need to promote the SC i the music forum.

Wosh is it possible or ok to do one of those promotional type messages for all users in the music forums? I keep getting them for various threads on cricket and tipping etc.

I dont know how else we can keep this game thriving
I think we just need more accessible themes. This one was very restrictive hence the low number of noms, despite it being a good idea on paper. Yeah, they're palindromic song/song titles out there, but you really have to dig deep and some people just don't have the time to do that.

Maybe a simple idea such as "Songs Released in year... or starting with..." might be the way to go for a bit.

I think we just need more accessible themes. This one was very restrictive hence the low number of noms, despite it being a good idea on paper. Yeah, they're palindromic song/song titles out there, but you really have to dig deep and some people just don't have the time to do that.

Maybe a simple idea such as "Songs Released in year... or starting with..." might be the way to go for a bit.
I. Not fully agreeable. I hosted several rounds where I trialled very open themes and no rules and tagged everyone and still got 18.

The colours and cities etc were the exception which got me to 28 during a slump.

SC is ticking along. Palindromes is a tough theme especially when the whole artist and song had to be one. If you were able to choose a song like Hannah Hunt by Vampire Weekend it would have been less restrictive. Plus themes like this just lead to songs that fit the theme, not good songs that fit the theme.

SC is ticking along. Palindromes is a tough theme especially when the whole artist and song had to be one. If you were able to choose a song like Hannah Hunt by Vampire Weekend it would have been less restrictive. Plus themes like this just lead to songs that fit the theme, not good songs that fit the theme.

You were able to nom Hannah Hunt by Vampire Weekend, it was any part of the title/artist or the whole thing was a palindrome.

Why not move it to the music board?
Maybe for a few rounds could allow previous noms as well as less restrictive themes as you say

Last edited:
SC is ticking along. Palindromes is a tough theme especially when the whole artist and song had to be one.
The list looks interesting I think. Look forward to listening. I can see some very clever entries that do both title and artist, but it wasn't mandatory?😊
Theme: Palindromes 4+ letter long
Nominate a song containing a 4 letter or longer palindrome in the title and/or artist OR a song where the entire title and/or artist is a 4 letter or longer palindrome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back