Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I have so many favourite genres dammit.
I'm the same. I could easily nominate Country, Death Metal, Black Metal, Moody rock (National, Nick Cave), 80s synth pop, Electronic, Classical.

I don't really have a favorite but tend to cycle between styles/genres on my mood and where I'm at.

I think 3 months ago my top 5 played artists were

Ellende (Black Metal)
Band of Horses (Rock)
The Irrepressibles (Orchestral, Electronic Pop Rock)
OMD (Synth Pop)
Logan & Isabelle (Country)

I think I've only been playing Ellende in the last month.

SO we are currently split over 2 threads.😄

For my billying friends...my 1st billy win...so yay!😛
(I get the billies..it's avery long song!🙂 )
In case you don't know about Biko.

Steve BikoSouth African political leader

Steve BikoSteve Biko, mid-1970s.
Steve Biko (born December 18, 1946, King William’s Town, South Africa—died September 12, 1977, Pretoria) was the founder of the Black Consciousness Movement in South Africa. His death from injuries suffered while in police custody made him an international martyr for South African Black nationalism.

Last edited:

Congrats, that was an awesome tune, ahead of its time.
Thanks! It's probably my favourite Goth rock tune. Such a simple bassline to play too but such a groove.
This is great because I can nom anything, but I seriously have no idea what my fav genre is. Like at any time.
You're another who I have no idea what you'll nom and am keen to find out!

I'm the same. I could easily nominate Country, Death Metal, Black Metal, Moody rock (National, Nick Cave), 80s synth pop, Electronic, Classical.

I don't really have a favorite but tend to cycle between styles/genres on my mood and where I'm at.

I think 3 months ago my top 5 played artists were

Ellende (Black Metal)
Band of Horses (Rock)
The Irrepressibles (Orchestral, Electronic Pop Rock)
OMD (Synth Pop)
Logan & Isabelle (Country)

I think I've only been playing Ellende in the last month.
Gosh, I sure hope you go with Black or Death Metal!
excited-anna.gif

SO we are currently split over 2 threads.😄

For my billying friends...my 1st billy win...so yay!😛
in case you don't know about Biko. (I get the billies..it's avery long song!🙂 )
In case you don't know about Biko.

Steve BikoSouth African political leader

Steve BikoSteve Biko, mid-1970s.
Steve Biko (born December 18, 1946, King William’s Town, South Africa—died September 12, 1977, Pretoria) was the founder of the Black Consciousness Movement in South Africa. His death from injuries suffered while in police custody made him an international martyr for South African Black nationalism.

I don't think people looked that deep and Gabriel has that musical style that doesn't always resonate with people. It's either love or hate. I liked it and voted for it but some of his songs I couldn't get a feel for.

Some of Gabriel's songs took time for me to appreciate.

Btw Ocha905 this might be controversial but I prefer this cover of your song lol

Ooh I'd never heard of this version before, nom it one day so we can find out if it's indeed controversial.

Gosh, I sure hope you go with Black or Death Metal!
View attachment 2108094
200.gif

5) David Bowie
4) Beastie Boys
3) The The
2) New Order
1) Peter Gabriel

B) Kenny G - why?

5: Biko - Peter Gabriel
4: Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club
3: Too Much ... - Jimmy Barnes
2: Lucretia My Reflection - Sisters of Mercy
1: Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun - Beastie Boys

Billy: This is the Day - The The

I don't think people looked that deep and Gabriel has that musical style that doesn't always resonate with people. It's either love or hate. I liked it and voted for it but some of his songs I couldn't get a feel for.

Some of Gabriel's songs took time for me to appreciate.
I don't mind the billies at all. 😄 Long song and not to everyone's taste.
Just thought it was worth sharing what the song is about in case some don't know.

I don't mind the billies at all. 😄 Long song and not to everyone's taste.
Just thought it was worth sharing what the song is about in case some don't know.
You should mind. Who the **** billies a song like that other than Klan members? 🤔🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SC community would love to know your favourite genre atm Loonerty Callums_Guns NaturalDisaster RedmanWasHere and Saint . So far there's been 8 different genres nommed so there's already something for everyone.

Theme: Your Favourite Music Genre -

Nom a song that's in your favourite musical genre. If you don't have one it can be your favourite genre at the moment.

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

I'm curious how much I've learnt of everyone's tastes.

Nominations due Thursday (today) 10pm
Votes due Sunday 10pm

Last edited:
The SC community would love to know your favourite genre atm The Filth Wizard eth-dog SM Harvey Manfrenjensenden and endure (I know some of you have retired but I'd be fascinated to know anyway). So far there's been 8 different genres nommed so there's already something for everyone.

Nom a song that's in your favourite musical genre. If you don't have one it can be your favourite genre at the moment.

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

Votes due Sunday 10pm

The SC community would love to know your favourite genre atm ArdentEagle SSwans2011 JoshWoodenSpoon Freofalcon Raveneyes . So far there's been 8 different genres nommed so there's already something for everyone.

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

Votes due Sunday 10pm

The SC community would love to know your favourite genre atm CakeEater MC Bad Genius 1990crow Restricted Free Agent Gralin . So far there's been 8 different genres nommed so there's already something for everyone.

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

Votes due Sunday 10pm

Dinsdale you've got a tag all for yourself

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

Nominations due Friday 7 (today) 10pm
Votes due Friday 3 10pm

Btw today could be a chaotic one, so I might not be able to get to your noms until the afternoon.

Dinsdale you've got a tag all for yourself

No double up artists.
No previous nominations.

Nominations due Friday 7 Thursday (today) 10pm
Votes due Friday 3 10pm
Today is Thursday ?
Any probs with this computer stuff just ask me
Confused Season 2 GIF by Law & Order

Song Contest Update -

So far there's 16 songs nommed with 6 returning entrants and possibly a debutant.

What's amazing is there hasn't been the same sub-genre nommed yet (yes there's some genre overlap). Therefore it's a virtual guarantee there's something you will enjoy... but also a virtual guarantee you won't like something as well :p. Suffice to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the diversity!

A bit under 5 hours to get your noms in - Tonga Bob the fly TubbsFarquhar Lunchlady Doris Ulahoopski

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Star Wars, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back