Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5​
4​
3​
2​
1​
BTotalHits
16th Tonga BobWeddings Parties AnythingBarretts Privateers (Live)
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
3​
3​
2​
15th spudmasterALESTORMThe Last Saskatchewan Pirate
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
2​
4​
2​
17th StokeyThe New Library SoundDiving in the Deep pts 1 & 2
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
4​
1​
14th UlahoopskiTom Tom ClubAs Above So Below
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
2​
7​
2​
13th RaskolnikovThe BeatlesOctopus's Garden
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
10​
3​
12th Por_Please_YaAbove & Beyond pres. OceanLabSirens Of The Sea
1​
0​
0​
2​
2​
0​
11​
5​
11th ChipmunkBritney SpearsOops!....I Did it Again
0​
1​
2​
0​
2​
3​
12​
5​
10th DinsdaleSOAKSea Creatures
0​
2​
2​
0​
1​
0​
15​
5​
8th Fossie 32TroublePorpoise Song
2​
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
16​
4​
8th RiviatChelsea WolfeEverything Turns Blue
1​
0​
1​
3​
2​
1​
16​
7​
7th Lunchlady DorisHermanosHermanos Gutiérrez
2​
0​
2​
0​
1​
1​
17​
5​
6th OmgfridgeKing StingrayCamp Dog
1​
2​
0​
2​
2​
1​
19​
7​

Strangest round I've hosted. I felt like so many of those songs could have won in other rounds. I think it might be time for a change up as too many songs were competing.

I felt my song was win worth in other rounds. I honestly thought Mr Probz would do badly and that I'd be the only one who loved it.

Plugger came home strong but it was an even round with no dominating song.

Phew what a relief, I got 2nd and not 1st so I don't have to make another excuse not to host the next round.

Botes

5. Treasure
4. Ocean Beast
3. Sea Creatures
2. Sirens Of The Sea
1. Barretts Privateers

Billy - Oops I Did It Again

5. Hermanos Gutiérrez - "El Mar" Lunchlady Doris 7th
4. The New Library Sound - "Diving in the Deep, Pts 1 & 2" Stokey DQ'd
3. SOAK - "Sea Creatures" Dinsdale 10th
2. Tom Tom Club - "As Above So Below" Ulahoopski 14th
1. Seafret - "Atlantis" Plugger35 2nd

Billy. Mr Probz - "Waves" much prefer the Robin Schulz remix but pumped MWPP won!

5: Trouble - Porpoise (my favorite version) Fossie 32

4: King Stingray - Camp Dog omgfridge

3: Mr Probz - Waves (loved this!) MWPP

2: Amethystium - Treasure Purple7x08_24

1: Soak - Sea Creatures Dinsdale

Billy: Alestorm 😂

HM'S: Britney, Chelsea Wolfe, Hermanos-El Mar.

Theme: Palindromes 4+ letter long
Nominate a song containing a 4 letter or longer palindrome in the title and/or artist OR a song where the entire title and/or artist is a 4 letter or longer palindrome. No previous podiums. No previous nominations which have been nominated more than once or nominated after round 400.

Nominations due 6pm AEST on Friday (ie 24 hours + from now)
Votes due around 10pm AEST on Sunday (ie 48 hours + to listen and we can return to the more conventional deadlines for those who love routine). Exact time tbc on nomination release.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was struggling to come up with a good song that fit the theme that hadn't been nommed before.

After googling songs about sea creatures like whales, sharks and fish I thought I'd see if there were any songs about Atlantis.

That song from Seafret came up, I liked it straight away and it gets better with every listen, it should have been a bigger hit.

I'm not the first person to nominate a Seafret song though, Ulahoopski nominated one of their songs in a much earlier round.

5. Hermanos Gutiérrez - "El Mar" Lunchlady Doris 7th
4. The New Library Sound - "Diving in the Deep, Pts 1 & 2" Stokey DQ'd
3. SOAK - "Sea Creatures" Dinsdale 10th
2. Tom Tom Club - "As Above So Below" Ulahoopski 14th
1. Seafret - "Atlantis" Plugger35 2nd

Billy. Mr Probz - "Waves" much prefer the Robin Schulz remix but pumped MWPP won!
I'll have a listen to Robin Schulz Ocha. I never heard that song or singer nommed, but I loved his voice! Go Em- Dub! Yeah💖

I was struggling to come up with a good song that fit the theme that hadn't been nommed before.

After googling songs about sea creatures like whales, sharks and fish I thought I'd see if there were any songs about Atlantis.

That song from Seafret came up, I liked it straight away and it gets better with every listen, it should have been a bigger hit.

I'm not the first person to nominate a Seafret song though, Ulahoopski nominated one of their songs in a much earlier round.

Yeah I wanted to nominate Ula's previous Oceans, which is even better than Atlantis imo, but don't like re-nomming.

Billy. Mr Probz - "Waves" much prefer the Robin Schulz remix but pumped @MWPP won!

I'll have a listen to Robin Schulz Ocha. I never heard that song or singer nommed, but I loved his voice! Go Em- Dub! Yeah💖
Haha all good Ocha- you give me plenty of votes. Conversely I find the Robin Schultz version just ok. I find it's overplayed, lacks the honesty & heart/gorgeous backing and the vocals shine less because of the beat (which I also don't dig).

I love his voice/lyrics too mbr and have been listening to it a lot again since my return from Cairns. It was an early-days nom of mine. I don't think I have ever won with one of my own renoms prior to now . Others have won with noms I have nommed and I have won with noms others have nommed.

Yeah I wanted to nominate Ula's previous Oceans, which is even better than Atlantis imo, but don't like re-nomming.

I like that Oceans song and some of their other songs too, they remind me of one of favourite English folk rock bands Turin Brakes

Theme: Palindromes 4+ letter long
Nominate a song containing a 4 letter or longer palindrome in the title and/or artist OR a song where the entire title and/or artist is a 4 letter or longer palindrome. No previous podiums. No previous nominations which have been nominated more than once or nominated after round 400.

Nominations due 6pm AEST on Friday (ie 24 hours + from now)
Votes due around 10pm AEST on Sunday (ie 48 hours + to listen and we can return to the more conventional deadlines for those who love routine). Exact time tbc on nomination release.
Nice to have a different host for a fresh theme. Gonna make me do some research :p

Strangest round I've hosted. I felt like so many of those songs could have won in other rounds. I think it might be time for a change up as too many songs were competing.

I felt my song was win worth in other rounds. I honestly thought Mr Probz would do badly and that I'd be the only one who loved it.

Plugger came home strong but it was an even round with no dominating song.
I think it's partly due to the lower number of entrants which also means fewer potential votes. Also based on your updates many voted late.

I reckon por_please_ya stole votes from you and vice versa. I managed to vote for both of you but I definitely found yours the one where the vocals/lyrics stood out more rather than being drowned out by a beat

Love how we traded 5's

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back