Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Stokey, Theme: June-August 2024 Releases, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

How does one check if the song I chose has been selected before?

Is there a previous song list of all songs or do I need to go find this myself bc that I don’t want to do 😂
This is the spreadsheet you need to check. Has all previous noms. Or sometimes peeps leave the checking up to the host. This way if you sneak in an illegal nom it's #worsthostever branding time :)
Previous noms

How does one check if the song I chose has been selected before?

Is there a previous song list of all songs or do I need to go find this myself bc that I don’t want to do 😂
"List of Previously Nominated Songs" link in the OP. Don't worry, it's not overwhelming at all. Only ~24,000 lines in the spreadsheet ...

"List of Previously Nominated Songs" link in the OP. Don't worry, it's not overwhelming at all. Only ~24,000 lines in the spreadsheet ...
command F is your friend or whatever it is if you dont have a mac

Nope! Not overwhelming at all! 🫨

Thank god I have a 9yo with better music tastes than me 😂

5. D'Angelo - Swear word song title spinynorman 5th
4. Johnny Hates Jazz - "Shattered Dreams" TubbsFarquhar 2nd
3. House of Protection - "Pulling Teeth" Ulahoopski 9th
2. The Dirty Three - More Swear Words Toump Ass 6th
1. Vashti Bunyan - "Jellyfish" myblueroan 30th

Billy - Radiohead of course.

New music? I'll have to consult my Spotify playlist.

I consider it ‘recently released’ music so expecting to hear bangas I’ve been hearing all summer 😂

5. D'Angelo - Swear word song title spinynorman 5th
4. Johnny Hates Jazz - "Shattered Dreams" TubbsFarquhar 2nd
3. House of Protection - "Pulling Teeth" Ulahoopski 9th
2. The Dirty Three - More Swear Words Toump Ass 6th
1. Vashti Bunyan - "Jellyfish" myblueroan 30th

Billy - Radiohead of course.

Happy to exchange 5s with you! Right Back Where We Started From is my go-to lip sync song (to the extent I have one) so was always going to earn my vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to deal in bangers you haven't been hearing all summer.

Maybe I should go for the host's Billy.

Well they did release a new version of Like A Prayer in the period 😂

They did??????

For the Deadpool movie.

I mean strictly it was classed as a remix of the original song for chart purposes but I suspect it’ll count.

Caught up with all noms.

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

Happy to exchange 5s with you! Right Back Where We Started From is my go-to lip sync song (to the extent I have one) so was always going to earn my vote.
I discovered it from seeing Slap Shot. Therefore think of it fondly even if the film has aged poorly in parts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Stokey, Theme: June-August 2024 Releases, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back