Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's all posit theories on how Chicken in the Corn fits the theme.
WHere the corn is a giant penis being threatened by hen-pecking ball-chopping nit- picking partner who takes away their drive?

Or the Corn is Love itself that can't thrive due to (see above) or...the chicken is all the pressures of life or the singer is vegan and taking a stand. :whistle: :sneaky:

An update on the contest from your host (me).

16 set of votes in, 10 to go.

There was an early runaway leader whose lead is being pegged back. Two donuts remain, billy looks like a two horse race.

A request to those yet to vote (that's you Dinsdale Freofalcon Harvey Manfrenjensenden JHF1870 Lunchlady Doris MC Bad Genius MP_ RedmanWasHere spudmaster & TubbsFarquhar) - I have to leave at sparrow's tomorrow morning to go into Melbourne for work so if you can get your votes in sooner rather than later to stop me from being up late as heck then you'd be doing me a solid.

View attachment 2150100
See you at 9:59

Let's all posit theories on how Chicken in the Corn fits the theme.
WHere the corn is a giant penis being threatened by hen-pecking ball-chopping nit- picking partner who takes away their drive?

Or the Corn is Love itself that can't thrive due to (see above) or...the chicken is all the pressures of life or the singer is vegan and taking a stand. :whistle: :sneaky:
I love chicken and corn soup, just sayin

Final update before the results from your host (me):
  • Four sets of votes remaining (get your arses in gear JHF1870 MC Bad Genius spudmaster & TubbsFarquhar Bobby's gotta have an early one),
  • Still tightish at the top, realistically three songs can win it,
  • Billy down to three songs as well,
  • One of those is super divisive and can do the double,
  • All songs have been Oprah'd (you get a vote, you get a vote, and so on).
And in a wild coincidence, the good folk at MusicBrownlow on Twitter are running a contest involving songs with love in the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you one and all for successfully discharging your democratic duty earlier than the deadline. This allows me to release the results and get to bed at a half decent hour (now watch me take three hours to announce the results!).

This one quite literally came down to the wire, so please join me as I tell you what happened...

Thank you one and all for successfully discharging your democratic duty earlier than the deadline. This allows me to release the results and get to bed at a half decent hour (now watch me take three hours to announce the results!).

This one quite literally came down to the wire, so please join me as I tell you what happened...
Or you could just dump the results like me and go drink beer.

In 26th position with 4 votes & 1 billy (31B) is Love Injection (hee hee) by Bang Tango, as nominated by Ulahoopski

In 25th position with 4 votes & nil billies (31) is So Much In Love by The Mighty Avengers, as nominated by Fossie 32

In 24th position with 6 votes & 3 billies (321BBB) is Lessons In Love by Level 42, as nominated by RedmanWasHere

In 23rd position with 6 votes & 2 billies (33BB) is Will I Ever by Alice Deejay, as nominated by spudmaster

In 22nd position with 7 votes & nil billies (43) is Terms Of Endearment by Sammy Copley, as nominated by myblueroan

In equal 18th position with 8 votes and nil billies are:
  • Wild Orchid Love Theme by Paradise (431), as nominated by Riviat
  • Kammy (Like I Do) by Fred again.. (3311), as nominated by Chipmunk
  • Don't Hold Back by The Sleeping (53), as nominated by hotchilli
  • Do I Love You by Frank Wilson (521), as nominated by spinynorman

In 17th position with 11 votes & nil billies (52211) is All I Do Is Think About You by Tammi Terrell, as nominated by Toump Ass

In 16th position with 12 votes & 3 billies (4422BBB) is Let Me Love You by Teddy Swims, as nominated by Callums_Guns

In 15th position with 13 votes & nil billies (5422) is Dice by Finley Quade & William Orbit, as nominated by Ocha905

In 14th position with 14 votes & 1 billy (43322B) is The Age Of Love (Jam and Spoon Watch Out For Stella Mix) by Age Of Love, as nominated by your host (me)

In 13th position with 14 votes & nil billies (5432) is Love And Money by Bronski Beat, as nominated by JHF1870

We now enter the Top 10.

In equal 9th position with 16 votes and nil billies are:
  • A Fragile Thing by The Cure (54331), as nominated by TubbsFarquhar
  • Super Love by Dami Im (53332), as nominated by MWPP
  • Leader Of The Pack by The Shangri-La's (543211), as nominated by Dinsdale
  • My Love For You by Sunnan (5542), as nominated by Lunchlady Doris

In 8th position with 18 votes & 4 billies (55431BBBB) is Didgedelik by Hilight Tribe, as nominated by MP_

In 7th position with 21 votes & nil billies (544221111) is Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae, as nominated by omgfridge

In 6th position with 22 votes & 1 billy (555421B) is True Love Will Find You In The End by Daniel Johnston, as nominated by MC Bad Genius

In 5th position with 24 votes & 1 billy (54442221B) is Chicken In The Corn (House Remix) by Brushy One String & The Kiffness, as nominated by Harvey Manfrenjensenden

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back