Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, and beaten by Air Supply?!

Q6zhW-DPQFZbB55C5g8bs-HIEx4=.gif

The moral podium position is the aforementioned divisive song...

In 4th position with 25 votes & 8 billies (5544322BBBBBBBB) is the appropriately titled All Out Of Love by Air Supply, as nominated by raskolnikov

If instead of the original version you had've entered the version from the self-proclaimed Best Cover Band In The World then you would have had all of my votes.

But instead you get the Billy for this round, so please enjoy the cover of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Go Down Under EP as your avatar, on which the song features.

1729680157626.png

In 3rd place is a song that came from the clouds but just fell a bit short, on 26 votes and nil billies (555422111) is Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations, as nominated by DemurePrincess

The moral podium position is the aforementioned divisive song...

In 4th position with 25 votes & 8 billies (5544322BBBBBBBB) is the appropriately titled All Out Of Love by Air Supply, as nominated by raskolnikov

If instead of the original version you had've entered the version from the self-proclaimed Best Cover Band In The World then you would have had all of my votes.

But instead you get the Billy for this round, so please enjoy the cover of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Go Down Under EP as your avatar, on which the song features.

I actually like this cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For pretty much the whole contest, Une Femme Amoureuse by Mireille Mathieu which was nominated by Freofalcon led all comers, and finished on 33 votes & 1 billy (5554433211B).

However, in the very last of the 26 set of votes to land in my inbox it was overtaken by More Than A Woman by The Bee Gees, which received 34 votes & 1 billy (54444333211B)! One single vote in it, and who said democracy is dead!!!!!! So give it up for the Love Parade winner - por_please_ya

And I'm done before 10pm, so everyone's kicking goals. Turning in now.

fade away.gif

Votes now with cringey emojis!!

5. Tammi Terrell - "All I Do Is Think About You" Love this classic motown sound 💕 Toump Ass maintains his 100% vote streak from me. 17th
4. Corinne Bailey Rae - "Put Your Records On" A fav that always lifts the mood 💽 omgfridge 7th
3. Mireille Mathieu - "Une Femme Amoureuse" Had to give the French song votes in love round :france: Freofalcon 2nd
2. Bronski Beat - "Love and Money" I thought Bronski Beat was the name of their hit song :roflv1: JHF1870 13th
1. Wild Orchid - "Love Theme" Film has a terrible rep but the theme is nice... maybe the critics are wrong 🌺 Riviat 18th

Billy. Air Supply - "All Out of Love" Poor dude needs more love

5 - Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You MC Bad Genius - cover of this was released recently in a surfy style by an English bloke called Crybaby. Might like it - might think it's sacrilege :D

4 - Finley Quaye - Dice Ocha905 - nearly got my 5 again. Love the Layo & Bushwacka remix of this tune, brilliant.

3 - Mireille Mathieu - Un femme amoureuses Freofalcon - forgot this song existed, nice nostalgia.

2 - Age of Love - The Age of Love (Jam n Spoon Mix) Tonga Bob - Classic

1 - Bee Gees - More Than a Woman por_please_ya - love it

BM - Level 42 - Lessons in Love

BOTES

5:
Bronski Beat - "Love And Money" JHF1870
4: Mireille Mathieu - "Une femme amoureuse" Freofalcon
3: Dami Im - "Superlove" MWPP
2: Finley Quaye - "Dice" Ocha905
1: Tammi Terrell - "All I Do Is Think About You" Toump Ass

BM: Hilight Tribe - "Didgedelik" MP_

HM: Brushy One String & The Kiffness (catchy af... CHICKEN IN THE COOORRRNN!)

BOTES

5:
Bronski Beat - "Love And Money" JHF1870
4: Mireille Mathieu - "Une femme amoureuse" Freofalcon
3: Dami Im - "Superlove" MWPP
2: Finley Quaye - "Dice" Ocha905
1: Tammi Terrell - "All I Do Is Think About You" Toump Ass

BM: Hilight Tribe - "Didgedelik" MP_

HM: Brushy One String & The Kiffness (catchy af... CHICKEN IN THE COOORRRNN!)
I don’t accept billy tags 😡

Nice list :)

Hard to split the top 3

5 Mirrelle Mathieu - love the song, don't usually get into foreign language songs but i know all the words so still good 9.8 Freofalcon 2nd
4 Corinne Bailey - really sweet 9.8 omgfridge 7th
3 Sammi Copley - love the simplicity and lyrics, nice voice 9.8 myblueroan. 22nd
2 Tammi Terrell - great Mowtown voice and song 9.5 Toump Ass 17th
1 Leader of the Pack - brill 9.5 Dinsdale 9th

HM Foundations, Wild Orchid, Dani Im - nice positive number

Y'all are lucky that I didn't give myself bonus votes for the double banger (Love in the artist name & title).

Here's a newer remix of it which absolutely slaps, but nominated the classic Jam & Spoon remix as that was the one that took me back to Days of Yore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back