Podcast Song Contest Podcast - episode 3 #integrity

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's agreed I am responsible for the greatest moment in SC history.

I liked the show so congrats guys.

Suggestion. Going forward it might be good getting a Jesua or a couple of posters to feature a. SC contestant where they can either play songs they are currently listenjng to or songs they'vd nommed that are special or got billied or lost in the wrong playlist.
Give people a chance it explain the nkm or suggest an artist they like.

I would like to be a guest on this show. However truth be told I fear that my voice may be slightly too sexually stimulating for the female (and Hoos) listeners.

Just like Glenn Gould used to pour boiling hot water on his hands before performing on the piano; I would do the same except with Manuka honey and throat replacing boiling hot water and hands.
I would be unable to resist the brunchy undertones.

I reckon there would be a drought within a 100km radius of JoshWoodenSpoon

What do people nom and why?

I tend to know a lot more 70s and 80s music so my default is to immediately think of songs from then that fit the theme. #GoogleRound sees me nom the 1st song that doesnt grate on my ears.

But as was mentioned one of the things I love about the contest is the opportunity to find new music and without the contest I would never have found Mazzy Star which won a contest for me. I would never have found Child of Light. I have a couple of crackers ready to roll off and win with when an appropriate theme is announced

Do you try and win ie #VoteMagnet

Yes and no. I am a competitive person so winning fills that side. Am I altruistic when I nom 80s Triple M Gold FM music? Yes and no. Those songs are well known and have some vote power. But I also 'know' them so I go there first. Lets go with the 2 songs mentioned

Power and the Passion. I hosted that round and had to wait for everyone to nom before a song was clear to be picked by me. I originally had Power by Isaac somebody as my 11pm nom. While filling in the sheet and checking the spreadsheet the next day I saw Midnight Oil scroll across and suddenly thought of Power and Passion. Checked to see it hadnt been nommed and lo and behold GreyCrow has another win

Black Fingernails Red Wine was in the Artists you dont like but Like a song theme. Eskimo Joe have never grabbed me and yet this song at the time was ok to listen to. As time goes on Triple M play it often enough that I recalled it enough to nom it. Nothing more nothing less.

Do you try and avoid/win the Billy

I do try and avoid them. #FakeBeatles got me a few times early in the contest when i would hit youtube at lightspeed and nom the first song that came to mind. Youtube and #RipOffs have been the cause of 3 of my Billies I think

Artist Billy has given me 2 more . I chose Meatloaf as Jim Steinman wrote the song for Meatloaf before they broke up the partnership. #integrity

Now for the controversial

Do you discuss your votes with anybody else or collaborate?

Yes I talk to another contestant about my votes. I even try and guess their song choice ( with about 75% success rate) But I dont vote for their song unless I like it and it fits the theme and is good enough to get votes. I only reveal my votes after they have indicated they have voted. Songs also get mentioned as to whether they may or may not get votes

Do you vote strategically?

For Billies most definitely. Mostly when I feel my choice is a contender.

Why dont you like swearing and Rap music

I dont not like Rap I just find it derivative at times. The same rhythm and use of swearing to put across a message. I hate folk songs that send a message . I hate punk music. I hate any music whose only existence is to shock or hammer me. Yet ironically I found 1 song ( the video had the white guy and black guy sitting at a table) so very powerful. So its changeable. I like fats thrashing music at times (punk) I guess its just mood at the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can co-host. Just 18 hours straight of an intense, fervent and orgasmic audio experience.
The Brunchers podcast.

Aural nirvana.

Was a good listen, The Jesus got a bit lost toward the end. Might just need a tighter schedule and fleshed out questions. But was great fun listening in.
When's the next instalment?
You know the back story to the podcast idea, I was not as prepared as I would have liked.

Happy to do another one in a few weeks if people are interested. If anyone wants to be on let me know

I liked the show so congrats guys.

Suggestion. Going forward it might be good getting a Jesua or a couple of posters to feature a. SC contestant where they can either play songs they are currently listenjng to or songs they'vd nommed that are special or got billied or lost in the wrong playlist.
Give people a chance it explain the nkm or suggest an artist they like.
I like this and have a very good segment idea

The Jesus - I hope this becomes a regular (every few months perhaps) thing . It was great!

Also por_please_ya has sort of already auditioned for it by singing in a certain other podcast....

Let’s make this happen someday!

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast Song Contest Podcast - episode 3 #integrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back