Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised it's not even sold out yet, being at the Prince...

When I saw that they'd been on sale for a few days I cracked the shits and thought I had no chance. Can't believe they're selling so slowly

When I saw that they'd been on sale for a few days I cracked the shits and thought I had no chance. Can't believe they're selling so slowly

Really? I can

Just sorted out my timetable. Will see Maiden, Slayer, Slash, High on Fire, Social Distortion and some of the earlier ones depending on when i get there.

Biggest decision will be choosing between QOTSA, Coheed or Rob Zombie.

Other than that no real big clashes.

jeff hanneman - doh!

While Hanneman's doctors were not able to definitively identify the infection's origin, they diagnosed necrotizing fasciitis, and indicated it likely was rooted in a spider bite. The guitarist is now recuperating at home, has already begun the process of subsequent medical procedures including skin grafts, and is expected to make a full recovery.

In light of this situation and SLAYER's upcoming participation in the Australian Soundwave Festival tour that is set to kick off on February 26, the band has made the tough decision to play the dates without Hanneman, and will bring on a guest guitarist to fill in for him until such time as he has fully recuperated and is ready to return to the lineup. The band will announce details about the guest guitarist shortly.

"necrotizing fasciitis" - it even sounds like a slayer song hehe.

glad they're still coming anyway though, and I wonder who'll fill in for them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case anyone was wondering, as I was, Big Business(one half of the Melvins) will not be playing in support of Melvins and Primus at their sidewaves across the country.
I thought I'd ask Cody on twitter, and to my surprise and disappointment, he replied a few minutes later to say that they'd only be playing Melvins shows in Oz.

In case anyone was wondering, as I was, Big Business(one half of the Melvins) will not be playing in support of Melvins and Primus at their sidewaves across the country.
I thought I'd ask Cody on twitter, and to my surprise and disappointment, he replied a few minutes later to say that they'd only be playing Melvins shows in Oz.
Melvins as a four piece is enough for me for now. Also Buzz said in a recent interview they'll probably do a proper tour later this year, so hopefully Big Business will get a gig then...

I'd see Zombie, if only for the fact he doesn't get out this very much.

this.

i'll be seeing zombie and enjoying the odd WZ cover

the other main clash for many people i know is maiden/melvins but i've wanted to see the melvins for 15 years so they win. maiden doesn't thrill me.

the pennywise/monster magnet clash for adelaide is annoying. and i've had liked to have seen millencolin and the mad caddies too.

But thats the pay-off with a strong line up like this - clashes are inevitable. essentialy, no clashes implies a weak (see BDO) line up.

Melvins as a four piece is enough for me for now. Also Buzz said in a recent interview they'll probably do a proper tour later this year, so hopefully Big Business will get a gig then...
awesome. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

despite the venue, really amped for the melvins/primus show. heard that melvins are mostly playing stuff of their newest LP; good thing it's a friggen beast:

[youtube]71AdABWtUxQ[/youtube]

:thumbsu:

Would be hoping so.
I saw the Melvins play the entire Houdini album last time they were here and it was insane.
Can't wait for next week....and to think that they're followed up by Primus, which will have me and my crew of mates pretty darn pumped for the entire night.

I'm heading off to Sydney now for Sunday. I'd like announce that at 41 and after 24 years ( I started with Australian Made) that this will be my last festival. I will still be available for the shorter 20/20 games (concerts where old farts like me can sit down). May be able to be talked into a comeback if I can find my way to Donington or Wacken but the main problem is they are right in the middle of my busy work season.

Nice sentiment to go out with my favourite band of all time, Maiden and my 15 and 13 year olds attending their first festival. A family that headbangs together stays together!

Enjoy your day for those attending Sydney and Brisbane. Tent signing times are up for SYd and Bris as well.

I'm heading off to Sydney now for Sunday. I'd like announce that at 41 and after 24 years ( I started with Australian Made) that this will be my last festival. I will still be available for the shorter 20/20 games (concerts where old farts like me can sit down). May be able to be talked into a comeback if I can find my way to Donington or Wacken but the main problem is they are right in the middle of my busy work season.

Nice sentiment to go out with my favourite band of all time, Maiden and my 15 and 13 year olds attending their first festival. A family that headbangs together stays together!

Enjoy your day for those attending Sydney and Brisbane. Tent signing times are up for SYd and Bris as well.

Well in fella.

I hope i'm still going to festivals and gigs etc at 41. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back