Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad time table, a clash or two from first glance but nothing too serious.
All in all a good timetable for me personally.

I'm thinking Trash Talk could probably play their entire discography in a half hour set.

Upon first glance, Melbourne doesn't seem to have any massive clashes which pleases me. Í'm sure some will emerge but I can see all my 'must see' bands.

Avenged Sevenfold NOT playing Soundwave 2011

Avenged Sevenfold regretfully announce they will not be performing at the upcoming Soundwave in Australia. After much effort, the band decided that they could not offer fans the live experience they have come to expect and didn’t want to disappoint them. Avenged Sevenfold will return to Australia soon to headline their own tour

Reason behind the cancellation.

Avenged have decided, despite having originally confirmed a mid afternoon spot, that they are now unwilling to play unless it is night time
At the same time, they are refusing to play at the same time as Maiden. Which leads me to believe they want Maiden's time moved!
I have now reached the point where I can no longer mess around 70 other bands and 180,000 ticket holders to appease this band's nonsense
I guess I'd better start lining up a replacement. Let's have your ideas people!
Guys, it obviously can't be a metal band as the replacement will be playing the same time slot.

Well, this is very very interesting. I find myself pretty intrigued as to who will be the replacements. Anyone have any ideas?

A7X sure are egotistical aren't they! :eek:
Portnoy got the arse because they thought he'd be stealing their limelight, they wanted a headlining spot (which they were given), they wanted their full setup (which was reportedly promised) and then they cry foul that Iron friggen Maiden are on at the same time as them! :rolleyes:
Good riddance, they're a rubbish band anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

devildriver v terror

iron maiden v pennywise

slayer v social distortion

boo.
will definitely be seeing the ones in bold, but very disappointed to have to miss the others - especially terror & pennywise.
:(

Change of venue announced for the Sydney event. It will now be held at the Showgrounds at Olympic Park and not at Eastern Creek. Still on the same day (27th) and setlist, bands etc are unchanged.

Change of venue announced for the Sydney event. It will now be held at the Showgrounds at Olympic Park and not at Eastern Creek. Still on the same day (27th) and setlist, bands etc are unchanged.

I guess not much in the way of shelter etc had changed from last year? Disgraceful from Eastern Creek.

My sidewaves are set...

1st; One Day as a Lion
2nd; Sum 41
3rd; Queens of the Stone Age

I'm just disappointed I won't get to see Iron Maiden, Stone Sour and 36 Crazyfists.

Thankyou for posting that I'd been hoping for a one day as a lion sideshow but had given up hope. Once I saw your post I quickly got myself a couple of tickets :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back