Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Soundwave 2011.

They should try and get Be'lakor on the bill. Seriously the best Aussie band out there at the moment.

Would love to see.... Agalloch, Insomnium, Eluveitie, Necrophagist, Heaven Shall Burn, Textures, Scar Symmetry and the likes.... reality is, none of them will happen i'm guessing. :eek:

Soundwave focuses more on bringing out international acts that normally don't tour here on their own. Or international acts that haven't toured Australia for a while. They usually only have few local supports, I don't really see a need for filling a spot with an Australian band where you can see them playing other shows, far more often without filling a festival lineup spot.

That's one of the reasons why Parkway Drive should never, ever, ever be on a festival line up. (No doubt now I've said this, they'll be announced making me look like an idiot)

Personally, I like it better that way, but that's just me.

Yeah i have no problem with that at all. But i reckon we shouldn't be holding back Australian talent by neglecting to put a couple at a festival like Soundwave. Not many people at all would pick up a Drum Media and flick through the gig guide and such to find a gig to go to.

Of course, there would have to be a selection process to make sure they are actually half decent bands that get put on the bill. But at least it would go a long way to supporting the music here that often gets neglected for your Attack Attacks and My Chemical Romances. :D

I agree with this part. A few Australian acts scattered across the, what? 6 stages or so through out an 11 hour festival isn't too much to ask, but I wouldn't want it to be any more then 5-10 to be honest. But hell, if it reduces chances of Attack Attack or MCR coming, I'd be happy for more to play! :p

Not a fan of anything soo far, however i would assume they'll keep the best till last.

As always. Announcing smallish bands, just getting people talking about the announcement set for August. Considering there are still another 50 odd bands to come? I find it hard to believe it wont be a quality line up.

fu guys, attack attack ARE coming...

dealwithitbettywhite.gif

John Farnham to headline Soundwave 2011 and show everybody else how it's done?

You're the voice!

It's definatly one that's started doing the rounds. :eek: :D

For people who don't know why it's being mentioned..

Hold the presses! I have just been told that @john_farnham is headlining SW2011!!!

^ From AJ's twitter. People have run with it so far, it's hilarious.

Worth it just for Farnham alone! I'm sold.

To be honest I'll probably go regardless of lineup. Becoming a tradition now. And sure as hell beats going to work.

Band announced themselves and have been confirmed.

Vaera

Dont know much about them. When I'm on the computer next, I will post songs of Less than Jake, Vaera and the band to be announced tonight on Short. Fast. Loud.

Vaera are pretty tight with A Day To Remember and it kinda shows in their sound. Not exactly the same or anything, but similar style of pop punk. Not too bad, they had a few songs on short fast loud last night. The drummer is a pretty hot girl, i found that awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6th Band

Less Than Jake. (http://www.myspace.com/lessthanjake)

Less Than Jake is an American ska punk band from Gainesville, Florida. Originally formed in 1992 as a power pop trio, the band evolved into a hybrid of ska punk. Less Than Jake have also been cited as showing influences from a wide variety of genres including post-grunge, heavy metal, alternative rock, third wave ska, punk pop and punk revival. To date, the group has released eight full-length studio albums and a number of singles and compilations. The current lineup comprises guitarist/vocalist Chris Demakes, bassist/vocalist Roger Manganelli, drummer/lyricist Vinnie Fiorello, trombonist Buddy Schaub and saxophonist Peter "JR" Wasilewski.

[YOUTUBE]eYIx0sFNDH4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]2NhlwRFgkyk[/YOUTUBE]

7th Band

Veara (http://www.myspace.com/veara)

Pop-punk newcomers Veara have announced plans to release their new album, What We Left Behind, on May 25 via Epitaph Records in partnership with Running Man Records.

The quirky foursome from Augusta, GA, made up of Bradley Wyrosdick (Vocals), Patrick Bambrick (Vocals/Guitar), Bryan Kerr (Vocals/Bass) and Brittany Harrell (Drums), has officially arrived on the scene with their highly energetic new album, What We Left Behind. Co-produced by A Day To Remember frontman Jeremy McKinnon and master of the boards Andrew Wade (A Day To Remember, Our Last Night), Veara's sophomore release draws influence from genre groundbreakers like New Found Glory and Blink 182, while boasting a sharp contemporary edginess that will rapidly elevate them within the scene.

[YOUTUBE]S-nLlePjbco[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]i0JeZxekWR8[/YOUTUBE]

8th Band

There For Tomorrow

There for Tomorrow is an alternative rock band formed in Orlando, Florida in 2003. They were signed to Hopeless Records in 2008.
There for Tomorrow formed in 2003 at a time when all of its members were teenagers (although Christian Climer did not join the band until 2006). They were originally called The Kick Off, but changed their name after playing numerous local shows. The band's debut album Point of Origin was released on 30 April 2004. The group is influenced by bands such as Jimmy Eat World, Blink-182, Third Eye Blind, and The Hives

[YOUTUBE]P4TD7qK4YS4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]P4TD7qK4YS4[/YOUTUBE]

9th Band

Mad Caddies (Put here because they've officially been confirmed.)
The Mad Caddies (or the Caddies) are a third wave ska band from Solvang, California. The band formed in 1995 and has released five full-length albums, one live album, and two EP's. Founding members Chuck Robertson, Sascha Lazor, Todd Rosenberg, Carter Benson and James Malis started the group in high school but the band's membership has changed frequently since its inception. Drummer Todd Rosenberg left the band in 1999, Benson left the band in 2002, bassist Mark Iversen left the band in 2006 and drummer Brian Flenniken left in 2008 to be replaced by Boz Rivera.
The band used to play under the name The Ivy League, but in 1996 they changed their name after signing to the Honest Don's Records label to avoid confusion (and potential litigation) with two prior bands that went by the same moniker

10th Band*

A Skylit Drive (http://www.myspace.com/askylitdrive)

A Skylit Drive is a six-piece American post-hardcore band from Lodi, California. The band has released a DVD, one EP album and two studio length albums: Wires...and the Concept of Breathing on May 20, 2008 and Adelphia on June 9, 2009. A Skylit Drive's original members all met while attending Lodi High School in Lodi. Cory La Quay (drummer) attended Franklin High School in Elk Grove, California along with Matt Mingus (drummer) of Dance Gavin Dance. Their debut EP, She Watched the Sky, was released early in 2007 on Tragic Hero

[Youtube]mxkS5zO2tVc[/Youtube]
[Youtube]uVwKfUnWrf4[/Youtube]

I heard that there will be no Soundwave in Adelaide next year:confused:

Edit - Nevermind, it got saved :)

Rather they came on their own tour....
I heard it was Slayer.

True, though they could always do a side show.
I reckon we might get another Carnage show with Slayer and Anthrax which would be amazing.

If I had it my way I'd have Anthrax opening for a 2 hour Megadeth set.

Not sure if I'll bother going to Soundwave if it's Slayer. Just find them too repetitive.

True, though they could always do a side show.
I reckon we might get another Carnage show with Slayer and Anthrax which would be amazing.

If I had it my way I'd have Anthrax opening for a 2 hour Megadeth set.

Not sure if I'll bother going to Soundwave if it's Slayer. Just find them too repetitive.
Agree with everything you said. Was so happy when I saw Megadeth last year and Slayer had to pull out because of Tom's voice, allowing for a longer Megadeth set :D:thumbsu:.

Soundwave this year really is looking rather shit so far....

Agree with everything you said. Was so happy when I saw Megadeth last year and Slayer had to pull out because of Tom's voice, allowing for a longer Megadeth set :D:thumbsu:.

Soundwave this year really is looking rather shit so far....

Ugh we got the rough end of it in Melbourne. They did their instrumental set and much of the crowd was livid. It was a pretty bizarre atmosphere. Also found it a bit rough that they didn't organise a make up show, even though they did a separate show in Sydney.

I really want to see Megadeth with Junior back, and Anthrax with Joey back. Still yet to see those line-ups.

Oh what I'd give for Soundwave to turn into Sonisphere.... :eek::p

Ugh we got the rough end of it in Melbourne. They did their instrumental set and much of the crowd was livid. It was a pretty bizarre atmosphere. Also found it a bit rough that they didn't organise a make up show, even though they did a separate show in Sydney.

I really want to see Megadeth with Junior back, and Anthrax with Joey back. Still yet to see those line-ups.

Oh what I'd give for Soundwave to turn into Sonisphere.... :eek::p
Or Wacken. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back