Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Soundwave 2011.

Think a bit people, no way would they make slayer and Maiden clash. There are a fair few people (like me) that would go to see these 2 bands alone.

To the metal fans, get over it. If you want some quality metal festivals head overseas, we don't have a big enough following here. Bands like behemoth and immortal get like a couple of hundred people seeing them in Adelaide. Quality bands like psycroptic get a hundred.I don't even know why they bother.

Not impressed with the lineup this year. Maiden obviously the standouts, one of my favourite bands, but will catch their sideshow.
Despite there being no Adelaide sideshow?

Now, I know in previous years, here in Perth anyway, Soundwave didn't sell out until months after.
I wonder if the big line up will attract people by droves.

I'll go if it doesn't sell out immediately. I saw Maiden when they came in 2008, Primus and QOTSA would be cool, but I'm not jumping out of my skin.. yet.
This may change.

Are there sideshows yet? I haven't read through the whole thread.

Won't be going to Soundwave but really wanna see The Maine and Mayday Parade.

Good bands you want to see. ;) And as Galon said, I'm pretty sure Sideshows are going to be announced around October.

All you wannanbe old school punk mother****ers get amped for Social Distortion as it will go off...:thumbsu:

**** yes! :thumbsu::D

Yeah i'm going. The fact is for $160 just seeing Maiden, Slayer, Primus and QOTSA is fantastic value. Then add in a few extra bands over the day and you're looking at seeing bands for $20-$30 each.

Apart from those four im pretty keen on Social Distortion, The Bronx, High on Fire, The Sword and probably would be cool to Slash as well.

To those who have been before, how do they go with the scheduling? Heaps of clashes with the bigger bands?

All you wannanbe old school punk mother****ers get amped for Social Distortion as it will go off...:thumbsu:
Big drawcard :)

Personally, I'd go just to see Primus (will be the last chance ever), having Monster Magnet on the bill will be brilliant (even if I did break a rib in the mosh last year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some fussy dudes getting around here.

Geez! Il Nino, Devildriver, Sevendust, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Iron Maiden, not to mention the late 90's punk extravaganza from Pennywise, New Found Glory, Social Distortion, MXPX, and just to top it off QOTS, Monster Magnet & Primus.

Cant put a foot wrong. id pay five times the $165. What a massive day, with or without schedule clashes...

you will get them, its just how they do it for some reason. They did it the same way last year.

Long story short, the site buckled under the pressure
of demand, and a lot of people missed out.

That's why it's done this way. Less pressure on the servers as it's not all trying to prodcess immediately. Confirmation email came to me at 11, I reserved at 9 as soon as the button was available.

Pretty keen for the following.

QOTSA, 30 seconds to mars, Sum 41, Anberlin, Gang of four, new found glory, third eye blind, the gaslight anthem, less than jake, the ataris, 36 crazy fists, the starting line, mad caddies, mayday parade

Bold are the ones I won't miss.

MELVINS!!
I only just noticed their name. Stoked.

I was already in a state over Pennywise, Primus, Slayer, Maiden and High on Fire amongst others.

This by far the best line up they've put together. Actually, it's the best line up this country's ever had at a major festival.
Whilst I am pretty happy with this lineup, it has NOTHING on Alternative Nation...

Faith No More, Lou Reed, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Violent Femmes, Ice T, L7, Ween, Primus, Powderfinger, Bodycount, Pop Will Eat Itself, The Flaming Lips, The Tea Party, Therapy, Live, Pennywise. Regurgitator, Supergroove, Def FX, Spiderbait, Budd and the Dreamkillers (those last 2 for the Brisbane gig).

Not a metal gig, but for pure festival. Amazing. Hands up who went?
*hand is up*

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2011 and sidewaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back