Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit late to comment on the 1st announcement. Somewhat unsure about seeing AiC and Stone Temple Pilots with new singers... Nine Inch Nails would of swayed me over but alas it wasn't to be

Bit late to comment on the 1st announcement. Somewhat unsure about seeing AiC and Stone Temple Pilots with new singers... Nine Inch Nails would of swayed me over but alas it wasn't to be

Well the singer for AIC isn't really that new - he's been with the band for quite a while now. I'm not a big enough fan of STP to waste my time seeing them with the Linkin Park singer.

For what it's worth, AIC were great back in 2009.

Black Dahlia, Megadeth, Devildriver, RZ, Ill Nino, Korn for reminiscing, AIC, delicious.
Hoping for Children of Bodom on next release, they have a big blank space on their tour schedule from Christmas to April, may mean they're doing Asia then coming back here.

Seen all of those bands before.. at soundwaves actually, save for Megatdeth and AIC. Mighty excited to see them again.

I'm not a huge STP fan, aside from a couple of songs here and there. But Chester does a really good job, check it out on youtube.

My must see bands: Testament, Amon Amarth, Clutch, Living Colour & Alter Bridge

Others: Megadeth, AIC, Down, Baroness, Tesseract, Devildriver, Biffy Clyro

Not much of a fan but would be cool to check out live: Letlive, Skindred, Green Day, Gwar, Rob Zombie & Terror

Great first announcement I reckon. There are going to be so many clashes but as long as I see 4 or 5 of my favourites I'll be stoked.

Anyone know roughly when the 2nd line up will be added? someone told me October?

Stoked to see 2 of my fav hardcore bands Terror & Your Demise, especially since YD are breaking up and this will be their last few shows ever :)

For those wondering about Alice in Chains, I agree with Hellboy. I didn't see them at Soundwave, but I did see them at their sideshow at The Palais. They were f***ing brilliant.

I get the whole Layne thing, but part of what made (makes) AiC such a great band is the harmonies of Jerry Cantrell. And William DuVall is a dude. Definitely recommend.

As for the new-look Stone Temple Pilots, eh, no thanks. I love 'em, but Chester Bennington doesn't do them justice.

I watched a few vids from Rock Am Ring (I think) and DuVall's voice kinda sucked to be honest, maybe he just had a bad show. They didn't sound a heap different though to be honest, like you said AIC's sound is based on harmonies not a single voice.

Pretty pumped about Testament, Megadeth, Down, Baroness, Clutch, AIC, Amon Amarth. GWAR should be fun as well, might have to wear a raincoat! :D

Waiting for the second announcement....I need a few more bands to convince me to go...rather than just hit up a few sidewaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Alter Bridge, A7X, STP, koRn, Trivium, Rob Zombie.

I've read strong rumours that AJ is trying really hard to get Iron Maiden back as the third headliner.

As much as I'd like to believe that, 2nd announcement headliners have never been big enough to headline the entire thing. After all the issues last time Maiden and Avenged were on the same bill, can't see it happening. Hopefully will get the Maiden England tour sometime next year though.

ruddy magic 2nd announcement, Mastodon, Dillinger, Gojira and for nostalgia Stiff Little Fingers.

Was going to mention the same bands; pretty solid lineup now I think. Tickets are around the $190 mark though aren't they? Might take a while to get that together (+accom, travel etc).
Shut up, I'm poor.

For me its a case of there being a bunch of bands i'd check out if i was going....but none that have me rushing to go out and buy a ticket (particularly at $190....and im not a big fan of day festivals).

Still think ill wait on that third announcement before making up my mind....might also wait to see what sideshows are announced.

For those going, check out The Dillinger Escape Plan.....purely for the energy they give to their performance.

Not overly enthused with the 2nd lineup (though I'll certainly catch Mastodon and Gojira again, maybe Satyricon) but I've already likely got a full day from the original so not too fussed.

Gojira, Mastodon, Graveyard and Dillenger Escape Plan! :D

If nothing better is on (unlikely) I'll catch Sevendust and Pennywise too. The only let down is that Primus weren't announced but there is still a small 3rd announcement still to come. King Parrot and The Bennies are still to be announced although both of them might only be playing in Melbourne.

Sevendust will cancel. They always cancel their Australian tours.

Not big on the 2nd announcement to be honest. Glassjaw, Gojira, Upon A Burning Body & Hacktivist would be about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back