Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Uncle Acid and Graveyard are major wins. Only problem is I now play sideshow lotto. Do I wait for a sideshow and risk not seeing them or fork out for the festival?
They generally hype it up when its close to sellout....so just keep your ear to the ground.

Im waiting for some sideshow announcements and timetables before making up my mind......unless they says its going to sell out....because you can then sell your ticket if its a sold out event.

Wise words. That gives me Ghost, Mudhoney, Uncle Acid and Graveyard as bands I'm praying for sideshows.
I reckon Ghost would be a good BDO sideshow with Tame Impala. Both have that 70's pschy vibe to their music. Saw the first 3 ghost tracks at last years soundwave....and they were good. I didnt stay so i could get in the D after Blink for Metallica.

They generally hype it up when its close to sellout....so just keep your ear to the ground.

Im waiting for some sideshow announcements and timetables before making up my mind......unless they says its going to sell out....because you can then sell your ticket if its a sold out event.

I highly doubt you will still be able to buy tickets when timetables are released. AJ says its selling at least as fast as it did in 2012 when every city sold out and the whole east coast sold out 1-2 months in advance. IIRC AJ said Brisbane is on track to sell out in under a month and Sydney & Melbourne won't be too long after that. As long as you keep informed about how close your city is to selling out you'll be fine :thumbsu:

Really hope Sevendust don't cancel as I would love to see them. This has as much for me as the first announcement, if not more. Also very keen on Mastodon and Jimmy Eat World.

Sevendust will cancel. They always cancel their Australian tours.

Not big on the 2nd announcement to be honest. Glassjaw, Gojira, Upon A Burning Body & Hacktivist would be about it.
Sevendust played 2 years ago.

And they supported Ozzy all those years ago too.

So I got you on a technicality!

Sevendust played 2 years ago.

And they supported Ozzy all those years ago too.

So I got you on a technicality!

They were really good opening for Ozzy. One of the best "openers" ive ever seen at a gig, purely for their ability to amp up the crowd.

Yay for Satyricon. Admittedly I only know their two latest albums after randomly picking up Age of Nero, as I decided to grab any random metal album. Picked up the self titled on the day it came out but don't enjoy it as much as Age of Nero.

Black Crow on a Tombstone will be sweet live. Would also love to hear Die By My Hand/Commando.

Cool that Australia gets the first Suicide Silence tour with Hermida. There will be SS shirts everywhere. Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it's a pretty sweet line up, except for the predicted clashes (unless they get there shit together on the Metal stage/s again, unlike last year).
-Megadeth
- Down
- Testament
- Mastodon
- Baroness
- Clutch
- Volbeat
- Graveyard
- Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats
- Amon Amarth

Plus to watch if not for a clash with the ones already listed:

- Devildriver
- Stone Temple Pilots
- Alice in Chains
- Skindred
- Sevendust (as there live sound is fantastic)
- The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Five Finger Death Punch (curiosity)

I saw them at No Sleep Til in 2010, it gets messy. Don't know if I'll go close enough at Soundwave to get sprayed with all the blood etc again. It depends on what time they play as you are covered in it for the rest of the day... And half the festival goers feel the need to comment on it. Watching this alien on stage shooting fake blood and green stuff out of his dick is quite a sight.
003.JPG

I saw them at No Sleep Til in 2010, it gets messy. Don't know if I'll go close enough at Soundwave to get sprayed with all the blood etc again. It depends on what time they play as you are covered in it for the rest of the day... And half the festival goers feel the need to comment on it. Watching this alien on stage shooting fake blood and green stuff out of his dick is quite a sight.
View attachment 35935

I remember that too. I stood well back. Haha

I believe AJ said there's going to be a steady stream of sidewave announcements from next week onwards once we have the 3rd announcement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Soundwave 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back