Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Norfolk have recruited more than that. Carvs has retired as far as I know.

Hey Barge, what was the confrontation over? Brighton's new coach is a good bloke as well as a good coach so that piece of news is surprising.

Who else are New Norfolk meant to have recruited?

Didn't say he wasn't a good bloke or coach, I happen to know him myself and have never had a problem with him. I heard Nathan Senior who coached Brighton's reserves the last 2 years and is now coach of Channel has taken a few players with him, with one of them apparently signing as Assistant Coach at Channel.

Anyhow, I heard Senior and this guy have gone to the Brighton pub where they have ran in to the new Brighton coach, who has expressed his displeasure at Senior taking players and with the other guy for leaving. I don't know how long this went on for but it apparently ended in the new Channel assistant coach hanging one on Jamie Ling.

How are under 15s/16s going to make the jump to senior footy at Kingborough? Does the coach know about this or is that what he has been told to do to prepare for the TSL?

There is only a couple of players that they want to get senior games into. Weather that is against lower sides im not sure, you certainly wouldnt have them playing against Norfolk and Lindisfarne. Saying that if the juniors are any good they are only 1 year away from under 18 level and then the possablity of being drafted, so it does make sense. look how Lauderdale have managed ther juniors in recent years.

i heard brighton have lost a lot of players to channel and the mont the mont hand 50 at one run before xmas good 2 see also got told east coast light for numbers anyone else got any news hope you all had a good xmas newyear sad about the fires

i heard brighton have lost a lot of players to channel and the mont the mont hand 50 at one run before xmas good 2 see also got told east coast light for numbers anyone else got any news hope you all had a good xmas newyear sad about the fires

Heard from someone involved at Brighton last year but no longer there, that he estimated across all 3 sides they have lost about 30 players to other clubs. Going to severely test their depth. Having made the Colts Grand Final last year, they clearly have some good kids up there, looks like they'll be promoted earlier than they may have hoped.

I think New Norfolk were going to be very tough to beat without those inclusions. But this just rounds them off nicely and will certainly assist the new senior coach. Matty Smith certainly had a powerful influence over those guys and they certainly played for him, if the new coach gets the same respect look out. I don't think anyone will really know how anyone else will go till sides start running onto the park. Lindisfarne will be there again and i dare say Kinborough will also. Dodgers did beat Claremont but i think Claremont will be a lot different this year, similar face with a few handy inclusions but look for them to be structured a little different this year under Kim. Hopefully East Coast can get the numbers up. I saw patches of what they were capable of last year and their running game was as good as any.

Who else are New Norfolk meant to have recruited?

Didn't say he wasn't a good bloke or coach, I happen to know him myself and have never had a problem with him. I heard Nathan Senior who coached Brighton's reserves the last 2 years and is now coach of Channel has taken a few players with him, with one of them apparently signing as Assistant Coach at Channel.

Anyhow, I heard Senior and this guy have gone to the Brighton pub where they have ran in to the new Brighton coach, who has expressed his displeasure at Senior taking players and with the other guy for leaving. I don't know how long this went on for but it apparently ended in the new Channel assistant coach hanging one on Jamie Ling.

Sounds very interesting, Barge.As for Norfolk, someone was telling me they'd picked up some seriously good names. The blokes you mentioned + Post and some other former players.

I think New Norfolk were going to be very tough to beat without those inclusions. But this just rounds them off nicely and will certainly assist the new senior coach. Matty Smith certainly had a powerful influence over those guys and they certainly played for him, if the new coach gets the same respect look out. I don't think anyone will really know how anyone else will go till sides start running onto the park. Lindisfarne will be there again and i dare say Kinborough will also. Dodgers did beat Claremont but i think Claremont will be a lot different this year, similar face with a few handy inclusions but look for them to be structured a little different this year under Kim. Hopefully East Coast can get the numbers up. I saw patches of what they were capable of last year and their running game was as good as any.

Agree with pretty much all of that. East Coast have some good young players but they've got no talls. Wiggins and their other ruckman were just about the only key position sized players they have. Saw them play against Dodges and the Sharks forwards dined out due to ECBs undersized backline.

How are clubs shaping up after the Christmas break? Have heard that Claremont are traveling pretty well and Sorell getting good numbers on the track.

Who has been gained/lost to where???

Rumour going around Marcus Fitze is training at dodges? Can anyone confirm?

Rumour going around Marcus Fitze is training at dodges? Can anyone confirm?[/quote]

im not associated with dodges this year, i know sorell have been after him!!! wat round will claremont start fighting amongst themselves/commitee when there not gettiing payed ???? halfway mark??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not associated with dodges this year, i know sorell have been after him!!! wat round will claremont start fighting amongst themselves/commitee when there not gettiing payed ???? halfway mark??

Firstly, it's spelt paid and secondly why wouldn't the players get paid?

My advice to you would be just worry about whichever club you're involved with this year, if any!

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern FL - 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back