Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very suprised people a just blaming me about the cobras,i was only stating the truth and the enemy within,snakeeyes had a go at me so i just defended myself. Theres 8 different users who have had a go at the cobras its a bit unfair to blame me for it.Those guys should go back through the posts and get there facts right before just accusing me.;) ,

I didn't have a go at you at all. I simply stated that you were assuming all these different things when in fact, you have nothing to actually back your theories up. Then you came back at me saying I'm a ******* footballer & an idiot. I don't think the attacking came from my behalf. I'm not a cobra, but I know quite a few guys down there & to me.... they are a great bunch of blokes. Regardless of weather they win or lose, at the end of the day.. they play the game. That's what it's all about. What reasons have you got to hate them so much? :confused:

[
any truth to the rumour peter greenstreet will line up at the peanut farm? would be a bloody good target around half forward if true. has also been linked to mordi![/quote]

JUST TO SQUASH ANOTHER RUMOR I HAVE ASKED THE QUESTION AND HERE IS THE ANSWER, THEY SPOKE TO 3 DOVETON PLAYERS HILL , HAYES & HENDY.HENDY SIGNED HAS NOW GONE BACK.GREENSTREET NOT EVEN SPOKEN TO!

Well said cutting edge. I know you won't say too much, but how will Cassett and Mimo go up forward together. For all their careers, both have been the one out full forward to great affect. Will they rotate between CHF and FF or will Mimo have to play up the ground? Whatever happens, they will be a handful for all opposition. Then throw in Arvo who was the standout forward last year, it looks like it will be goal fest at the peanut farm!

cant say to much is right, got my head chewed off before xmas, it is a fair comment, casset being in the twighlight of his career would be at ff, the training run I saw Mimo looked like a good athlete I think he could play up the ground. Not sure of what the plan is.

Pining,
First time caller long time listener.
Have to agree with you, MPNFL site more up to date than SFL site, this could be due to a couple of reasons. Argy Bargy at times is the only place you cab catch up with what is going on in the SFL.
The SFL website is run parallel to the way the administrators run the SFL itself. Poorly.. Having dealt with the SFL I will happily suggest they are like dealing with a 5 year old who has dropped their banana paddle pop just after opening it. That's when they're in a good mood.

Madman V whatever it is now,
As for you, I have seen you drop a chocolate paddle pop, but you seemed happy enough to dust it off and eat it anyway. I suppose you must be used to that sort of thing, must have happened a lot when you were a bit younger.
Love it,just love it even if i don't understand it,you also forgot to mention MM "quote" Skye will win the Flag

[/i]

cant say to much is right, got my head chewed off before xmas, it is a fair comment, casset being in the twighlight of his career would be at ff, the training run I saw Mimo looked like a good athlete I think he could play up the ground. Not sure of what the plan is.

Firstly, it is great to see some footy talk! Cassett may be in his twilight, but I would think he has at least 3-4 good years left in him. He is a freak player and playing FF won't be too taxing on his body. I don't believe Mimo has ever played anywhere except FF, so putting him up the ground next to Arvo may cause some problems?

Maybe both Mimo and Cassett could play from the square like Lockett and Dunstall (or was is Ablett?) did for Victoria many years ago with good results. You just have to hope egos don't get in the way of winning football games.

there may be a reason for that depending on who you play for mate! who?
you to sleeping lion! i know that in my few years playing at doveton we have always welcomed the opposition with open arms and fists firmly tucked away in the pockets!

tad, obviously too busy talking about the cobras to answer my question!

oh, and yes, power reserve would have to have the best all round facilities of all div 3 clubs that i have seen! anyone disagree?

I disagree.

Cerberus without doubt. Nice size away rooms and a great social area after the game.

Power reserve has smallish away rooms and the home rooms appear to part of the social rooms. I will say however, that they are welcoming and seem to be a nice bunch of guys who make an effort to chat to opposition players, and include them in their awards speeches.

Firstly, it is great to see some footy talk! Cassett may be in his twilight, but I would think he has at least 3-4 good years left in him. He is a freak player and playing FF won't be too taxing on his body. I don't believe Mimo has ever played anywhere except FF, so putting him up the ground next to Arvo may cause some problems?

Maybe both Mimo and Cassett could play from the square like Lockett and Dunstall (or was is Ablett?) did for Victoria many years ago with good results. You just have to hope egos don't get in the way of winning football games.
Casset and Mimo both great players,it will be interesting to see how it works,small grounds might be an issue as all forwards require space.The bigger grounds will suit as they could play out of the square leading into pockets,it will also take a little bit of a sacrifice from one of them so the other one achieves a result for the team.

Hey Maca01,Moose will stay at Clays,Wells has gone,Bales gone and lost there Premiership ruckman to Cranbourne his name escapes me at this stage,on the plus side Gumby is right to play this year :thumbsu:

Gumby is jumping on a plane in a week or so to travel around Europe for a year. He's good but, he's not that good to be in 2 places at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your such a nuff nuff Tiller your making things worse for your club get on your bike,maybe you should start looking some players instead of righting on the forum,your clubs in serious trouble:thumbsdown:
Didn't Tadpole say the Demons had 18 at training on Monday,thats ummmm 6 more then the Cobras. Birdbrain start looking for players, with that amount you could become the Dandy United soccer Club. Not e nuff for 2 teams.

your such a nuff nuff Tiller your making things worse for your club get on your bike,maybe you should start looking some players instead of righting on the forum,your clubs in serious trouble:thumbsdown:
Sorry Brainstorm instead of righting maybe try writing! Cheers mate...
Again booring arguments, get some good gossip boys c'mon!

Sorry Brainstorm instead of righting maybe try writing! Cheers mate...
Again booring arguments, get some good gossip boys c'mon!
4QTRTIME,Everyone wants the goss' but no one's in a position to tell,who have you recruited at your Club.Let us know!!!!!

4QTRTIME,Everyone wants the goss' but no one's in a position to tell,who have you recruited at your Club.Let us know!!!!!
M-Lion - I will reveal in good time @ this stage I am only prepared to tell what I know elsewhere! That's what goss is mate, you look after yourself as much as possible and reveal everything you know elsewhere. Bit of fun and games that's all! But my club has recruited very well and I am confident we can win a flag this year, hopefully!

Cheers mate and good luck to the Lions you boys should go pretty well this year. Does Jamie Lawson still have ties to the club?

M-Lion - I will reveal in good time @ this stage I am only prepared to tell what I know elsewhere! That's what goss is mate, you look after yourself as much as possible and reveal everything you know elsewhere. Bit of fun and games that's all! But my club has recruited very well and I am confident we can win a flag this year, hopefully!

Cheers mate and good luck to the Lions you boys should go pretty well this year. Does Jamie Lawson still have ties to the club?
I agree totaly with what you just wrote.Jamie hasn't been around the Club since 2003,a completely new Club,players and admin.What club you with!!

I agree totaly with what you just wrote.Jamie hasn't been around the Club since 2003,a completely new Club,players and admin.What club you with!!
Fair enough!
I don't play anymore mate I am an old retiree trying to bait a few of you, but I have an interest in SFL! I would say I follow Highett more then any other side, I live round the corner but not totally loyal I get to a few different games throughout the year. I miss playing but enjoy watching local SFL rather then AFL keeping's off crap. I like watching a tight scrap with mistakes made it's great!

I disagree.

Cerberus without doubt. Nice size away rooms and a great social area after the game.

Power reserve has smallish away rooms and the home rooms appear to part of the social rooms. I will say however, that they are welcoming and seem to be a nice bunch of guys who make an effort to chat to opposition players, and include them in their awards speeches.

doveton away rooms are not huge but bigger than those at many other clubs. home rooms are seperate from social rooms. cerberus is set out terribly. as far as all round facilities, doveton would have to be the best of div 3. just read all the points that "have you heard" posted earlier! can't argue with them.

Hey guys,
Couple of blokes here 20 and 22 looking for a change of scenery played C grade ammos last year after playing a few years in the country in the Murray League, looking for a league with a bit more of a football atmosphere, a team that actually has a reasonable supporter base. is the southern league the place to go. Any teams still trying to recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back